• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SBR Weekly Character Discussion: Jigglypuff

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I miss Melee Jiggs' rest ;( And her bair...and Dsmash....and U-Throw.....

(But, at least Rollout is better now right?)

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I miss Melee Jiggs' rest ;( And her bair...and Dsmash....and U-Throw.....

(But, at least Rollout is better now right?)
Sorta.

Every character can do a good job at avoiding it. Just, jump. A lot of characters have trouble punishing it though. Characters like sonic, who doesn't have enough disjoint or grab range to punish, can only jump over it, and maybe spring. Ike and Marth have huge swords, D3 has big grab range, MK has tornado, any move with good priority, hitboxes, grab range or projectiles can punish well enough. There are a few characters I would call it "Safe" against.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
jigglypuff's rest sucks in this game. i wish it was still like the way it was in melee cause it was stronger. the new flower addition doesnt make up enough for the significantly decreased damage.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
do you really think i care about what's old or not? no, and im pretty sure no one else does either.

im not trying to cause trouble, but im just sayin that if its a jigglypuff fact, then ill state it regardless of how old it is.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Sorta.

Every character can do a good job at avoiding it. Just, jump. A lot of characters have trouble punishing it though. Characters like sonic, who doesn't have enough disjoint or grab range to punish, can only jump over it, and maybe spring. Ike and Marth have huge swords, D3 has big grab range, MK has tornado, any move with good priority, hitboxes, grab range or projectiles can punish well enough. There are a few characters I would call it "Safe" against.
Thats definitely true. I think the biggest buff, a subtle one but important, was that you don't go flying off the stage to your death if you miss the opponent like in Melee, so it's more spammable. It's also her best kill move, you can kill lightweight slike Sheik and MK at like, 70% near an edge. Of course, good luck hitting them :laugh:

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
lmfao Jiggs is GOOD guys! :chuckle:

No seriously, she's underrated. Though she's not a great character, she's not COMPLETE garbage either. Her air game rocks.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
lmfao Jiggs is GOOD guys! :chuckle:

No seriously, she's underrated. Though she's not a great character, she's not COMPLETE garbage either. Her air game rocks.
I have to agree that jiggly has an amazing air game, one of the best in the game.
If you can pull of a rest on someone affectively when they are +60% then its worth using, obviously not as good at melee but its still not garbage.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Rest is a trump card, but it shouldn't be a game play style, it's a move, use it as such cause it's no whorenado. :laugh:

Jiggs is a good character. There's plenty of #'s evidence to prove it, but she is also one of the most skill dependent characters around, in other words, she has the tools, but you have to know how to use them

So don't shovel screws out of a board when you can spend less time and effort with a drillkick.:laugh:

Icyo

Smash Ace
She has problems with characters that use swords.

I might be wrong about Ike. And Ganondorf, but that's getting really nitpicky.
Does anyone else find this incorrect? I think Jigglypuff does well against sword carriers.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Besides obviously G&W, Jiggs has obvious issues with Wario and Marth.

Olimar is not even a bad matchup at all.

Metatitan

Smash Master
^
Offline I don't think jiggs is fast enough to compete with diddy kong's projectile game. I'd love to see jiggs vs diddy offline tho.

PND

Smash Champion
Meta. . . it's actually EASIER to deal with his projectiles offline. Because you can catch them.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff has no glide toss what so ever.

Jigglypuffs best way is to throw from the air and then follow up with pound or something. Good shield breaker combo.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
i think shes the most underraded character on the tier list i use jiggs for fun and i have to say its more like 50/50 for snake once you get him offstage you totally **** him gw is the only thing thats holding her back because of her 20-80 matchup with gw

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Naw, Jigglypuff is kinda bad. I think Sonic is more underrated, along with Pokemon Trainer. The amount of work you put into being good with Jigglypuff isn't rewarding. She's really technical compared to most of the characters in Brawl, and her techs are somewhat situational.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Naw, Jigglypuff is kinda bad. I think Sonic is more underrated, along with Pokemon Trainer. The amount of work you put into being good with Jigglypuff isn't rewarding. She's really technical compared to most of the characters in Brawl, and her techs are somewhat situational.
Jigglypuff isnt just bad, shes ****ing terrible. Sakurai took away her ability to kill as well as her former deadly aerial mobility and decided to throw in extreme ner***e to her rest which makes it weaker and less punishable than luigi's up B as well as several other attacks in the game. So you have a light character with good priority but not range, difficulty killing and a mediocre gimp game (compared to mk's). She is quite good in doubles if that makes you feel any better.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Nope I know how to kill very very well with her; I am better at it than many puffs out there. I am very good at conserving my Fairs at middle %'s and drill resting and Dacus spacing and dash attacks as well as reading rolls with f smash. She does have difficulty killing, her only reliable one is Fair. The others cannot be spaced as well as Fair can (mabey drill rest).

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
we already have, most of us prefer keeping information to ourselves because in a small community everyone tends to play very similar and learn from what is available and therefore we keep are individual jiggz strategies to ourselves so that us as players develop are own basis on the character and not a complete generalization that would take no effort and would ruin the purpose of "training"

PND

Smash Champion
Huh? I share pretty much everything I know and do. I withhold nothing, what makes our styles unique is how we react in certain situations and which moves we use, not "secret strategies" that we're hoarding.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Meh. There are strategies that just tend to work better than others, and people don't share them because there's nothing really technically different. Ever since I started playing Jiggz defensively, I started doing better. I didn't really share that since it didn't seem worth sharing.

Not sharing AT's for the considered 3rd worst character in the game is a pretty douchebaggy thing to do though.

Jigglypuff isnt just bad, shes ****ing terrible. Sakurai took away her ability to kill as well as her former deadly aerial mobility and decided to throw in extreme ner***e to her rest which makes it weaker and less punishable than luigi's up B as well as several other attacks in the game. So you have a light character with good priority but not range, difficulty killing and a mediocre gimp game (compared to mk's). She is quite good in doubles if that makes you feel any better.
El oh el. Jigglypuff isn't as bad as you say. You can see me trash talking Jiggz all the time, but she's no where near as bad as you say. At all.

Former deadly aerial mobility? What? Her aerial mobility is still like, the best or second best in the game and she can actually make more use of her mobility than pretty much any of the other characters with high mobility.

Lol, they nerfed rest. Get over it. Instead of complaining about how much better it was in the game learn to cope. Rest is just fine in Brawl. You have to wait longer to use it. A one frame move that KO's at 80% sounds **** good to me. Not to mention, that it's so fast DI is hard.

So you have a light character with good priority but not range, difficulty killing and a mediocre gimp game (compared to mk's). She is quite good in doubles if that makes you feel any better.
Mediocre gimp game? For someone who cry's about how much better she was in Melee, you actually think she has a bad gimp game? Just ****ing fair them off stage. Fresh or stale it's going to gimp them. Coupled with her aerial mobility, she can reach way further off stage than MK can.

Please, listen to yourself.

PND

Smash Champion
I don't, but that's because it goes against the spacing that I usually try to maintain. See, these are the little style things I was talking about :)

Top Bottom