SBR Voting-based tier list

I'm personally kind of surprised this hasn't been done yet, but out of curiosity, I want to do it. The way this is gonna work is everyone PMs me a character rankings list. Simply number the characters 1 through 12, where 1 is the best character and 12 is the worst. Don't separate the characters into tiers. I'm doing it through PM so that nobody's opinion gets biased. When I receive votes from everyone, I'll present the stats similarly to how it was done for the 2010 MBR Tier List.

We don't have to release this tier list as the "Official SBR Tier List," nor do I think we should unless there's a good reason to. I am mainly doing this out of curiosity and to see how different it is from the community tier list we already have.

When ranking characters, please take into consideration the current ruleset. For example, acknowledge that with stage striking, a character like Fox won't get to play on Hyrule the first match and thus will likely always play on at least 2 small stages during a set.

Ugh

I have a really hard time deciding between where to place certain characters, especially in low tiers

Low tiers is REAAAAALLLLY balanced IMO

SheerMadness

Smash Master
This is fine with me as long as we don't make it a br "project" with a lengthy discussion.

Because you know, discussing a tier list for the 900th time isn't going to do anyone good.

Yeah, what Sheer said. Was going to mention that.

I also oppose this being released.

EDIT: But Nintendude seems to be on the same page, so not sure why I'm saying this.

There will be nothing to discuss really, unless people find the results interesting. The purpose of this is to just see the collective opinion, not to debate and try to change opinions.

I'm still missing votes from 8 members. You guys know who you are.

btw, does anyone remember the post where malva actually posted his character rankings for several stages? I have no idea how to find it. If anyone finds it please post a link here.

Yeah you can search in his posts to find it.

Anyway, my list (sorry no PM, too lazy) - just don't look at it if you haven't voted:

S
Pika
Master Hand

A
Kirby with Fox hat
Kirby
Fox
Mario
Falcon

B
Yoshi
DK
Jiggs
Ness

C
Luigi
Metal Mario
Link
Samus
Giant DK
polygon DK

Also stage tier list:

S
Hyrule
FD
Dreamland
Metal Mario
Battlefield ( I <3 ledges of death )

A
Congo
Kirby Beta 1

B
Yoshi's Island
Peach's Castle
Saffron
Sector Z
Zebes

C
Mushroom Kingdom
Kirby Beta 2

D
Race to the Finish

That stage tier list is horrible

Don't look if you can't look at ballin's list:

Mario IS NOT above Falcon mother of god what is wrong with you

And is it really that hard to PM? Click on Nintendude's name -> send private message.

PM requires clicking twice. Posting is one click when you use quick reply correctly.

PM also requires more navigation if I want to go back to the forums after.

Also you might quibble about the character tier list, but that stage tier list is 100% accurate.

PM requires clicking twice. Posting is one click when you use quick reply correctly.

PM also requires more navigation if I want to go back to the forums after.
But you wouldn't have had to use the collapse tags. Quoting you reveals that you typed the collapse tags manually, and considering that you used two, you needed to type an extra 42 characters. Also, "(sorry no PM, too lazy) - just don't look at it if you haven't voted" is an extra 70 characters (including spaces), and you needed to press enter an extra 5 times throughout the post, totaling at an extra 117 keys pressed, which is more work than clicking on the "Smash World Forums" that will take you back to the main forums. And that's not even including the inevitable later post that explains why you didn't PM.

Let's not beat around the bush. You wanted an excuse to post it publicly so you can troll us with that awful stage tier list. Nice try, buddy.

Did I mention that your stage tier list is terrible?

1) I type pretty fast

2) LOL @ not typing collapse tags manually. I don't know of any other way to do it, but wouldn't that require, you know, mouse clicks?

3) LOL @ using the main forum page. I go straight to smash64 discussion and then use the select list at the bottom of the page to navigate to other forums.

Surprised though that you didn't fall into my trap and try to point out that quick reply takes two clicks.

1) I type pretty fast

2) LOL @ not typing collapse tags manually. I don't know of any other way to do it, but wouldn't that require, you know, mouse clicks?

3) LOL @ using the main forum page. I go straight to smash64 discussion and then use the select list at the bottom of the page to navigate to other forums.

Surprised though that you didn't fall into my trap and try to point out that quick reply takes two clicks.
1) So? Still more work.

2) I use the Collapse tag button >_> Why are you LOLing at not typing them manually?

3) OK?

I'm not sure how 2 and 3 are relevant, but OK.

firo

Smash Ace
Sorry about the lack of activity from me here, a huge storm blew in and knocked out my internet for a couple of days. I should have my list in shortly.

Sorry for the hold up here. I was without internet for a week and a half, and I still have to sort out something with Boom's list. This will get done soon.

Yes please so asianaussie can stop making fun of me for putting Luigi above Link

and a lot of my opinions changed too, for the lower tiers anyways