• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB Creates: A Smash for every Nintendo Console (Part 2: Game Boy)

Mario Moveset

• Northsouthmap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This is an alternate timeline where the Jaguar was the bestselling console of all time or something. but most importantly Smash Bros. first came out on all Nintendo Consoles

We are starting with the NES and Ending with the Switch. before you ask yes this will include handhelds and that means the Virtual boy as well

Well the first console was technically the Color TV-game let's start there.

Also due to the large nature of this project the content does not need to be in depth.

Color TV-Game
It's just two dots knocking into each other. I don't know what to say here. Whichever dot touches the other first wins. I don't even remember if Sheriff or Space Firebird exist yet, let alone Donkey Kong.
NES
Roster & Movesets:
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Samus
4.Pit
5.Luigi
6.Dark Link

Stages and Music
1. 1-1
2. Ganon's Room
3. Zebes
Game & Watch

Gameboy

SNES

Virtual Boy

Nintendo 64

Gameboy Color

Gamecube

Gameboy Advanced

DS

Wii

3DS

Wii U

Switch

This will be hell, Let's get started

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 0

Submit a Proposal for a new Color TV-Game console focused on 2 characters fighting each other. (Alternatively, A Color TV-game that looks like a fighting game if you squint hard enough.)

This will be the only job for the CTVG so all this job needs is

-Basic description of graphics that utilize 1 color, and that color is white

-Basic Controls, This is 1979 we are talking about here, there aren't even proper controllers yet

and that is basically it.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
AlRex AlRex 's Proposal will be used

Now the thread can start properly!

With the NES it is a very limited console, so while I will try to avoid having as many rules in the future I feel like there are times when it is more necessary that others

with that in mind.

The NES Smash bros. will have
-no more than 6 characters, 2 of which are clones so it's really 4 characters
-3 Stages
-1 song per stage
-The first character is mario

Job 1

Submit a new character

No third parties, and they must be from the NES era.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

8-Bit_Link.png

Link
Just an extremely obvious pick. He'd have a more more toned down moveset obviously.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Character Name: Starman
Character Origin: Pro Wrestling (1986)

1650148444498.png

A representative of the illustrious "Black Box Series", I felt that there'd be a need to see a rep of at least one of these games. The problem was, I wasn't so sure that a character like "Tennis Player" would work so well... or would be a particularly popular pick. Truthfully, I came close to adding Little Mac, but with his gameplay not quite fitting a platfighter (as of yet, anyway,) I felt Pro Wrestling's unusual and interesting cast of characters was the next best thing. Not only this, but Pro Wrestling was (according to Wikipedia) the 22nd best-selling NES game, placed over titles like Kid Icarus and even Mega Man 2! Sales aren't everything, of course, but it's a pretty solid benchmark to work from. Remember - just because a game's relatively obscure now, doesn't mean it was obscure back then!

So. Pro Wrestling has a varied cast of characters, but who to choose? Well, I personally think the main "protagonist" - Fighter Hayabusa - is... well, kind of basic. No rules suggest we need to go for a main character, so I decided to narrow it between two characters - either the very weird-looking Amazon with a very unique fighting style, or the Mexican wrestler Starman. If you read the title... well, you know I went with the latter.

Overall, I think his moveset would take a lot from his Pro Wrestling incarnation - most notably his special moves, the Somersault Kick and Flying Cross Chop. However, I think the whole "Mexican Wrestling" idea can be taken into more of his moveset - and whilst he's slightly slower and jumps slightly lower than, say, Mario, he'd be a lot stronger up close. Now, I wouldn't say he should have a clone fighter... but as an NES rep, I think he'd be a pretty solid one to promote what would be, at the time, a fairly recent - and popular - release.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Link. (I think that whilst other characters have a lot of potential, Link is probably one of the most logical picks here. Of course, aspects of his moveset are going to depend on whether Zelda II has been released as of yet - but basing his appearance on the first game sounds like it has a lot of potential. Using projectiles like the Candle would be really unique!)

2. Donkey Kong. (This game outright shouldn't release if Donkey Kong isn't in it. I don't mean that in a mean way, but he's such an obvious pick that I almost don't feel like he needs to be voted for. I'd like to suggest that one of his projectiles is actually tossing a barrel forward. He'd be a fun heavyweight!)

3. Luigi. (The problem I have here is that I don't know, as of yet, if Luigi would be an alt for Mario or an outright character. The thing is, though, he needs to be here somehow or other - even if as only an alt for Mario, he's a necessary inclusion.)

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Samus
2. Link
3. Donkey Kong Jr.

My only reasoning for Jr. over Sr. is that he was a protagonist at the time, while DK spent most of his time as an antagonist. Also he hasn’t gotten votes so far, so there you go.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Stage Name: Airship
Stage Origin:
Super Mario Bros. 3

1650558389780.png

It's a platform in the sky, how could it not work? That aside, I think this would be a solid inclusion. I'm presuming this game would be relatively late in the NES's lifespan, so we could argue that SMB3 was not only a huge game - but also a relatively new release. With characters like Link, I can imagine his stage would be a variation of "field", so Mario having a more unique stage to his name feels like a good call - to me at least.

World 1-1
1650558564332.png

Yup, the first level of Super Mario Bros on NES. It takes place in Mushroom Kingdom itself, which is main location to Mario series.

The stage would side-scrolling like SMB game at would be limited only to World 1-1 level (It acts like Mushroomy Kingdom, but with NES physics).

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Stage Name: Airship
Stage Origin:
Super Mario Bros. 3

View attachment 350893

It's a platform in the sky, how could it not work? That aside, I think this would be a solid inclusion. I'm presuming this game would be relatively late in the NES's lifespan, so we could argue that SMB3 was not only a huge game - but also a relatively new release. With characters like Link, I can imagine his stage would be a variation of "field", so Mario having a more unique stage to his name feels like a good call - to me at least.
World 1-1
View attachment 350894
Yup, the first level of Super Mario Bros on NES. It takes place in Mushroom Kingdom itself, which is main location to Mario series.

The stage would side-scrolling like SMB game at would be limited only to World 1-1 level (It acts like Mushroomy Kingdom, but with NES physics).
Bowser's Castle from Super Mario Bros.

It will have lava as stage hazards and an ax to drop down the bridge. Maybe Bowser as a stage hazard also.
Mushroom Kingdom

Based on level 4-3 of the original Super Mario Bros, the battle field will be various stable mushroom platforms and moving girder style platforms.

View attachment 350910

Maybe not set up exactly like this, but this will give you an idea.
Mario Bros.

Reworked version of Smash stage
-No enemies
-Shrunk in size
-You can now go through all platforms except the very bottom one
Airship
1-1
Bowser's Castle
Mushroom Kingdom
Mario Bros.

Vote for your top 3, you can vote for your own in second or third place

Top Bottom