• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Say, you were allowed to Reboot a Nintendo IP

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
For any reason(or no reason?), you were given a choice to recreate or reboot a Nintendo Property. Wheater it's a popular one or an obscure one.

1. What would be the story? The lore? World-building is very important?

2. What are the characters? Heroes and Villains? Who stays and Who gets cut out?

3. What would the tone be like? Would it be silly or serious? Light-hearted or darker? A mix of both?

4. What else would change about the story, lore, & content? Would there be a timeline?

5. If remaking an older game is remade, how would it be done? Would more than one game be merged; a la, SMBDX for GBC?

6. What would the gameplay be like? Will it be the same? How different would it be?

7. How would it play? 4 buttons? 6 buttons? D-Pad or C-Stick?

8. Would there be a post game? A hidden hard mode?

I'm still thinking about this.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I'd reboot Metroid solely to get rid of the less savory games in the series and to also actually have a plot that moves forwards.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For any reason(or no reason?), you were given a choice to recreate or reboot a Nintendo Property. Wheater it's a popular one or an obscure one.

2. What are the characters? Heroes and Villains? Who stays and Who gets cut out?

3. What would the tone be like? Would it be silly or serious? Light-hearted or darker? A mix of both?

4. What else would change about the story, lore, & content? Would there be a timeline?

5. If remaking an older game is remade, how would it be done? Would more than one game be merged; a la, SMBDX for GBC?

6. What would the gameplay be like? Will it be the same? How different would it be?

Simple, I'd soft reboot Ice Climber.

The mechanics from the arcade style platformer would be there but the game itself would be a co-op Metroidvania/puzzle platform affair.
You control both Popo and Nana, either swapping between them or with a pal, and use different tools and abilities to progress.

Item/ability ideas:
*Hammer Spin (attack/move switches)
*Topi Crystal (fix platforms)
*Belay rope (platforming with rope physics!)
Spiked boots (bye-bye ice physics!)

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman

Mach Rider

1. Goons are trying to track down MacGuffins that will allow them to have enough energy to bring the planet to an end. Either post-apocalyptic, far in the future, far in the past or on another planet. I think if there was some hints towards it taking place in the same universe as either Metroid or F-Zero, that'd be really cool. If it was the latter, they could have a playable Mach Rider in the next F-Zero (ba-dum, tss!).

2. You are Mach Rider, a quiet yet quick-tempered protagonist who's quick to head into battle and take out their enemies. The enemies may be punk humans, or aliens, not sure.

3. Serious, although some of the goons and side characters can work as occasional comedic relief to lighten things up a bit.

4. Nothing really, there isn't much set in stone with the original game.

5. It'd be fun if there was a side activity on the protagonist's television, where you could play a game very similar to the original Mach Rider game.

6. Not a huge Breath of the Wild-esque open world, but open world nonetheless. Will mostly take place on a motorbike, which will have a GPS tracking where the MacGuffins are. You won't be forced to go there, however, leaving it too long will allow the Goons to steal it. Once they've gotten their required amount, the game will, like Pikmin, give you a bad ending. Pretty different to the simple, racing original.

7. All the buttons, or at least most of them.

8. Perhaps with the energy of the MacGuffins, you are given the option to enhance your own abilities, and jump to other, smaller planets to explore. Imagine how amusing it'd be if you landed on PNF-404, or how stunning it'd be to land on Zebes. These planets wouldn't have anything too important, just custom equipment to collect.

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
I would reboot Star Fox.

1. Four game quadrilogy. The first is basically Star Fox 64 unchanged, except for the introduction of Krystal and Cernia. The second game would take place on Krystal's home planet of Cernia, (I figure the whole Star Fox Adventures game would have been less offensive if the groundwork was laid in a previous game). The third would be Assault, again, unchanged, however the Aparoids would be given more of a backstory as an Andross experiment that went so wrong that he had to remove it from Lylat even when he was a Cornerian scientist. In the years since, they've transmutated and become sentient bug creatures, which Fox and co must stop. The fourth game would be something similar to Metal Gear Solid 4, where the geopolitical state has warped to such a degree ( General Pepper has long since been deposed, Lylat is now a military state, and Star Fox/Star Wolf have become public enemy number one) and they must come out of hiding to free Lylat from its despot state. This is basically where you would get a lot of character death and a natural end to the Star Fox Series.

2. Your main heroes would be Star Fox and your main villains Star Wolf (Wolf, Leon, Panther, and two other original characters). Villains interchange (such as Pigma and Andrew in the first game, or a dark figure from Krystal's past in the second) but those would be your main characters throughout.

3. I would intentionally go for kind of a campy, hero sci-fi, Star Wars esque kind of plot, as you are in fact a hot shot pilot avenging his father, until the fourth game, which would go for a super dark, dreary tone in comparison.
4. I would take a cue from the first three Mass Effects, in that Lylat is ever changing political system with ever changing ideas. Your allies in the first game might be replaced by less favorable folk in the next game, hinted at, but outright stated in the last game. In terms of a timeline let's say this takes place over 4 years, with games 1 and 2 having a year apart, game 3 taking place mere weeks after 2, and game 4 taking place 3 years after the first.

5/6. As I'd basically be remaking all the games in the series starting with the N64 and excluding Command, I'll just answer both questions in one. With the benefit of modern tech, I would say that I would go for Assault style gameplay all the way throughout, as in, you can switch vehicle to vehicle in certain missions, a wide variety of vehicles etc. The mission structure however would be slightly different in each game. Games 1 and 3 would be more like Star Fox Assault was, with a great deal of variety of vehicles in things. 2 and 4, would be much more linear in the type of gameplay presented as you'd be on the ground adventuring except for key moments

7. Unchanged. Controls work amazingly well in all games, it's mostly just the plot I'd be changing.
8. There would definetly be a New Game + mode in all the games. One successful run of the main mode would net you a playable rom of some other science fiction flying game, Star Fox for SNES, Star Fox 2, and maybe a couple of those Japanese shoot 'em up games for the other playable roms

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
How do I pick just one? Nintendo has such a huge catalog of IPs and they sleep on a majority of them unless they're flagships.

I'd like to see a revival for StarTropics, Marvelous: Another Treasure Island, Clu Clu Land, Ice Climber, For the Frog the Bell Tolls, Devil World, Gumshoe, MOTHER, Mole Mania, Magical Vacation, Gyromite, and I could probably keep going. But for the purpose of this topic, i'm going to choose Mach Rider.

I'm not much of a writer and I've never found actual stories in video games to be important, I prefer to just have moment to moment events that stick with you. So I'm not really going to bother with anything too big. Just give me a post apocalyptic world full of hostile biker enemies, maybe some monsteres and mutant,s and survivor settlements.

See above, not much of a writer. Mach Rider is a roaming survivor of this apocalypse, has a good heart so they help the needy. Maybe the villain would at first seem like the leader of the bandit gang, but would secretly be the leader of the most "civilized" area in the game, witholding resources from the rest of the world despite having lots of excess. Or something like that.

Mix of both is always best imo. I can't stand anything that takes itself too serious. Lots of dark humor maybe, fits with the mad max vibe Mach Rider would have.

Maybe actually having a story for one... I would probably have background elements that detail what destroyed the world. Maybe something a little more interesting than "Humans did it with them wars they always have", but I wouldn't want the story to focus on it. The story would focus more on Mach Rider and the people they care about surviving in the new world and trying to overthrow the villain, not how it got to be this way in the first place. Besides, it's more interesting if it's only ever hinted at.

The idea for Mach Rider reboot came to me when I was riding around in Breath of the Wild on the Master Cycle Zero... I was thinking it would be an awful lot like that, but with far fewer instances of the game forcing you to get off the bike. The bike would be much better at defying gravity. It would go up sheer cliffs if you can find even the slightest incline. There would be customizable mounted weapons, the bike could sprout fins and glide, like in Mario Kart 8. and Mach Rider could also use a blaster for those few instances that they would be advised to go on foot... I'd definitely want you to be able to do most things on your bike, but there are a few things you could do better on foot, namely anything stealthy. This is obviously nothing like the original game, so I think there would be plenty of death race missions on pre-set paths as a nod to the original game.

Again, just imagine playing Breath of the Wild but there's a button to make your bike shoot things. Maybe some gyroscope aiming and lock on, not quite sure on that. Trying to shoot your bow on the bike in BOTW kinda stinks, so maybe that would need refining.

I definitely would like there to be post game, though i'm not entirely sure what... I do think NPCs should randomly ask Mach Rider to do certain quests, like racing, defending a salvage operation, rescuing a kidnapped survivor, and other mission type things, for little rewards, but that might get old for the player. I'm definitely no game designer.
Regarding Hard Mode, I think Wind Waker HD did it best. Hard mode is something you toggle on and off.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I Have No Idea, except for a Kirby Reboot, it may happen, so here is my idea for it.

6 Games. Game 1, is basically HD Dreamland, you run around, stop Dedede, that stuff. Game 2 is once again a 2D platformer (they all are 2D platformers), This Time Meta Knight is a mysterious mercenary that you hunt down him and his Halbred and his crew. It is revealed that Dedede hired him to steal the Gormet stars to try and acess all the food. Game 3 is about helping a mysterious painter named Addaline as she tries to paint the greatest art work and help free a port town from the opression of Dedede. Meta Knight and his crew of Bandana Dee, Poppy Bros Major and Marx (who is posing as a Waddle Doo), stop by to stop Kirby, they fail and Bandana Dee joins Kirby's team and they stop Dedede. In Game 4, the corrupt Dedede makes a deal with Haltman to power dreamland using Star Dream. Susie wants to svae her father (SPOILERS), and reaches out to Kirby, there are plenty of Robobot Segamants as well. Dedede is stopped and the mysterious Mercenaries show up and you Addaline, Bandana Dee and Susie try to stop them, ala KSA for the final fight, repeat for Haltman. Game 5, The Halbred flies near the Jambastion and Meta Knight's ship gets blown up by a gaint laser from the 3 mage sisters. Hyness is not here and the Sisters obey a shadowy master. Meanwhile, a corrupt Kirby named Zero Kirby, overthrows Dedede and he must team up with Kirby to save Dreamland as he was corrupted by the zero energy. The Player later finds out the Zero energy came from the Jambastion and they team up with Bandana Dee. You play as Addaline, Bandana Dee, Dedede, Meta Knight and Susie in certain sections. The Final abttle is against all 3 of the Mage Sisters and Gaint Zero Kirby. But it is than revealed the Mage sisters were working all along for Magolor who was working in tandem with Marx to destroy the universe and they kidnap Kirby. Game 6 you play as Dedede for this first part, and then you reform the Mages and in the final battle as Kirby take on Marx and Malogor and save the universe. It is darker. The Gameplay is exactly how you remember with new copy abilities. there is still an after game mode where you play as some one else.

Game 1. Dedede (final boss is Kirby)
Game 2. Galacta Knight (Final Boss is Meta Knight)
Game 3. Addaline (Final boss is 02)
Game 4. Susie Haltman (final boss is Mecha Kirby)
Game 5. Dedede (final boss is Sectunia)
Game 6. Marx and Malogor (final boss is Dedede, Meta Knight, Kirby, Bandana Dee, Susie and Addaline ALL AT ONCE).

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I would love to reboot Pilotwings and actually reveal what the backstory of the Flight Club is about and who is behind the EVIL Syndicate. I'd also link the SNES game and N64 games together.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
The Mysterious Murasame Castle. God, I love its theme so much! I'd love if this could be a new surprise title for the Switch, like Kid Icarus was for the 3DS. Some real potential here. Also, bringing back the theme and giving Takamaru a chance for the next Smash are just added bonuses!

Also, an idea my friend and I really like, isn't a reboot, but a new Punch-Out!! game, acting as a prequel to Little Mac's game(s), called Punch Out!, following the story of a young Doc Louis.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
The Mysterious Murasame Castle. God, I love its theme so much! I'd love if this could be a new surprise title for the Switch, like Kid Icarus was for the 3DS. Some real potential here. Also, bringing back the theme and giving Takamaru a chance for the next Smash are just added bonuses!

Also, an idea my friend and I really like, isn't a reboot, but a new Punch-Out!! game, acting as a prequel to Little Mac's game(s), called Punch Out!, following the story of a young Doc Louis.
That would be a great idea for a Punch-Out! game. Another idea would be to have a Punch-Out! game with Glass Joe seeing as a lot of people liked him. (Maybe he can finally win another match? ;))

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
That would be a great idea for a Punch-Out! game. Another idea would be to have a Punch-Out! game with Glass Joe seeing as a lot of people liked him. (Maybe he can finally win another match? ;))
I love Glass Joe too, I think him being a secret unlockable character in a Punch-Out!! game or the next Smash would be awesome. A weaker Little Mac with a bigger hitbox, he could be like the next Pichu.

When going to sleep I figured what style a reboot to The Mysterious Murasame Castle could have. It could be like a mix of the gameplay to Zelda and its dungeons, and Bayonetta. Of course, to castle infiltration.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Does games that are co-created with another gaming or other IP counts? Because I have a few ideas of my own, but it may involve another IP to help assist it.

One idea is a remake of Godzilla: Monster of Monsters (Co-Created with Toho).

The plot will stay the same, but with a lot of differences.

For playable characters, while both Godzilla and Mothra will be the default characters, I think Anguirus, Rodan and many other monsters could be playable.
There are 4 routes you can go.
Route one involves Godzilla, Mothra, Anguirus and the other monsters of Monster Island trying to defend the solar system from the Xillen Invasion.
Route 2 involves Kiryu, Jet Jaguar, M.O.G.U.E.R.A and other weapons trying to fight the Xillen invasion.
Route 3 involves Gigan, King Ghidorah, Monster X and other aliens (and a few corrupted kaiju) attempting to take over the Earth and defeat Godzilla.
Route 4 involves the most dangerous monsters like Destoroyah going on a rampage and fight anyone they can.

With new alliance system in Co-Op mode, you can make battles happen. With new graphics and a longer time limit, many battles will be spectacular to look at. Plus you can now destroy cities and such.

Here is the roster

Godzilla (Showa, Heisei, 2000, Final Wars and Monsterverse), Mothra (Showa, Heisei, Final Wars and Legendary), Anguirus (Showa and Final Wars), Rodan, King Ceasar, Titanosaurus, Baragon, Manda, Varan, Gorosaurus, Kamacuras, Ebirah, Kumonga, King Kong, Zilla, Maguma, Gaira, Sanda, Biollante, Battra, Balkzardan, Megaguirus, Godzilla Jr, Kiryu, Jet Jaguar, M.O.G.U.E.R.A, Mechagodzilla (Heisei), Mecha King Ghidorah, Gotengo, Super X, Super X 2, Super X 3, Gigan (Showa, Final Wars and Chainsaw), King Ghidorah (Showa, Heisei, Grand and Legendary), Monster X (and Keizer Ghidorah), Megalon, Orga, Barugaron, Mechagodzilla (Showa), Mogera (Showa), Dogora, Cyber-Zilla Gezora, Ganimes, Kameobas, SpaceGodzilla, Destoroyah, Bagan, Razin, Obsidius, Krystalak, Hedorah, Godzilla (GMK and Shin), M.U.T.Os, Skullcrawler and Dagahra, with Gamera, Gyaos, Barugun, Guiron, Legion and Irys as guest fighters, and with Mechani-Kong, Mothra Leo, Trilopod, Servum, Shiigan, Vagnosaurus, Jyarumu, King Cobra, Komodithrax, Shrewster, C-Rex, Tsh Ee Go and Gabara as DLC.

I have ideas for another game revival, but I'm making the finishing touches.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd remake Drill Dozer - kinda, I'm not sure if remake would be the right word, since I'd remove the game-length tutorials, replace the underwater and sky levels and possibly lengthen out the game with new levels.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Another game remake I was thinking off is a remake of E.V.O: Search for Eden (Co-Created by Square Enix)

Since this game is very obscure, I discuss the plot

Basically you are a creature created so you could become the most dominate creature and becomes Gaia's Mate. However, there is a lot of competition. The main goal is the evolve, but there is a lot of things in the way.

You start out as a fish in chapter 1 (Global Ocean). If you want to evolve, you must go through the survival of the fittest rule. To gain the evolution points (or EVO Points), you must fight other creatures, and once you KO those creatures, they leave meat, which after eating, gives you EVO Points. I know, you don't want to attack them at first, but these creatures are not friendly either, and as you progress through levels, enemies will get stronger, but has more EVO Points.

Eventually, you will be reaching bosses, which shows that this game is actually harder then it sounds. There are also crystals to help you out, but they have been placed to speed the process of evolution, and they are what is effecting those bosses. Eventually after completing this chapter, the player fish will evolve into an amphibian, and starts chapter 2.

Also if you like your evolution, you can save it.

As for the remake, there will be differences.

For now, I'll be showing chapter 1, Global Ocean.

The main obvious difference is better graphics, but there are also more stuff. New creatures that were not in the original, like Anomolacaris, Eurypterids and Opabinia, just to name a few of the many new creatures added in this game. Also, you have more evolutions you can go through. Also in the original game, many creatures have their names shortened, but in the remake, that is no longer the case.

Continuing on with Chapter 2 (Early Creatures of Land)

Your player creature is now an amphibian, and can now evolve stuff that could not be evolved on fish, like back of the head or legs. The Amphibian Form can become a Reptile form with you evolving scaly skin. But things are different on land.

For instance, there are new creatures, both in sea (Helicoprion) or land (Arthroplura, Gorgonpsid, Estemmosuchus or surprisingly Dimetrodon (the sailback synapsid in the original was Edaphosaurus)). But that's not all, there are 2 new hazards facing you.

One of those hazards is occasional lighting strikes that happen in the jungles when it's raining, so you better be careful. The other new hazard is the very rare eclipse, which causes chaos with the fauna living there, but only certain creatures are effected.

This is also when the chapter starts to get strange, as crystals are messing up the evolution progress and you must take the crystals to keep evolution the way it was attended.

Once this chapter is complete your creature evolves into a dinosaur.

Note the other chapters are put in spoilers

Starting with this chapter, you main creature, who is now a dinosaur, can have a choice to walk on 2 legs or 4 (you start with 4 legs). Also you can now evolve patterns (for different variation and buffs), as well as arms and legs (but only if you choose to walk on 2 legs)

In addition to this, jumping off Mt.Brave transforms your creature into a bird/pterosaur form, so you can fly, making escapes faster.

As usual new creatures are added (Suchomimus, Spinosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Gojirasaurus, Repenomamus, Ichthyosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus and Alligator Gars, just to name a few), but this time, we get new bosses (Like a Giant Spider)

A new hazard is also there, being the avalanche, so you to be careful when you climbing up Mt.Brave.

This chapter's main climax has you fighting against 10 T.Rexes, usually separately, but upon having 9 T.Rexes defeated, the last main one evolves into a being based on Godzilla, complete with a breath weapon, so you must take him down.

The chapter ends in a depressing matter, while your creature form escapes to the next chapter, the asteroid hits Earth, ending the reign of the dinosaurs.

The chapter starts with your creature form, still as either a dinosaur or bird, but once you enter the cave of sorrow, the ghosts of the Styracosaurus family allows you to transform into a mammal (with help from Gaia's power), but you can choose to stay as a dinosaur or bird, but you would slip on the ice a bit, but the mammal form is immune to the slipping.

Not everywhere is covered in Ice however, as Africa, Australia and South East Asia are still showing lush environments. As for evolutions, you can now evolve ears. Not only that, unlike the original game, the mammal form can now evolve tails, as well as arms, legs and patterns, so if you want your creature to become a Zebra or a Tiger, you can now. Basically, this would give the mammals a well earned buff.

More creatures are around here as well, both prehistoric (Entelodonts, Andrewsarchus, Elasmotherium, Eohippus and Deinotherium, just to name a few) and modern (Lions, Zebras, Elephants, Rhinos, Kangaroos, Polar Bears, Barracudas and Musk Oxen, just to name a few). Yes I know this is inaccurate, but this is because the crystals are messing up the flow of evolution.

There is more bosses as well (Kraken, Hyena Queen and a Giant Entelodont boss). However, the Yetis are the main boss, as they are very destructive, but once you defeat them, the last chapter awaits you.

Your Creature form (in either Dinosaur, Bird or Mammal) still has this chapter to go through, and it is getting more insane as the crystals are being used to make evolution go wilder then it attended.

There is a new hazard to face, Tornados, which only spawn in the grasslands of North America, but they are rare.

More creatures are here, both prehistoric (Megatherium, Doedicurus and Macrauchenia, to name a few) and modern (Wolves, Beavers, Bison, Moose, Jaguars, Electric Eels, Angler Fish and Cape Buffalo, to name a few)

FWI, if your mammal form enters Final Ocean, you can have the chance to become a marine mammal, but once your done the level, you will turn back into you mammal form, the way is was.

You can also evolve into a primate form, but this form is more expensive to get then in the original game, as you need a cat head, rabbit body, raccoon pattern and lemur tail to allow you to evolve into a primate. The primate form eventually would evolve your creature into a human. But if you want to stay as a dinosaur, bird or mammal, you can.

Once you enter Eden, in Africa, you have to face off against the final boss, who claims to be the ultimate lifeform. In reality, he is a giant amoeba. Once you defeat him, Gaia welcome the creature to the new age, of the dominant lifeform, whatever if your creature is a dinosaur, bird, mammal or human.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
A sequel to Kirby: Star Allies on the pretend Nintendo Eclipse in 2020
"Kirby: Eternal Dimensions"
Playable Characters
Returning Dream Friends
New Dream Friends
Returning Copy Abilities
New Copy Abilities
Worlds
Mini-Bosses

Bosses
(Under Construction)

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
That's a hard one. But I think my top choice would be F-Zero. Nothing would make me happier if they made an F-Zero GX HD Remake.

Features
HD graphics of the intense roller coaster like stages.
Online Play so you can have a full grand prix of playable characters
Switch link play so players can have individual screens.
If VR-Labo is any indication you could have VR capabilities.

I don't know if the switch hardware could handle an HD version of GX but man that would be a dream to play.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Wanted to do another one and this time it's a sequel to Mario Odyssey
"Yoshi's Odyssey" (This along with Kirby: Eternal Dimensions comes out on the new pretend Nintnedo Eclipse in 2020)
(Under Construction)

Last edited:

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
Golden Sun rebooted as an action JRPG in a very similar way to Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, with the djinn collection replacing Ys VIII's villager collection.

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
Well eveyone is on a Golden Sun kick this year my idea is to remake the 1st game and The Lost Age, mixing Etheus Rook's idea of rebooting the series in a similar way to Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana with me makeing it open-world like other open-world RPG games like Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Monolith Soft's Xenoblade series and even CD Projekt Red's The Witcher series and Cyberpunk 2077.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Now that Next Level Games is part of the Nintendo family, I want them to give new life to Ice Climbers or StarTropics, something to really make their own.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would bring back Lolo. There are not many puzzle games I have enjoyed and I always had good experiences with those games. I would not really care to add a story to it. There was never really a deep story to begin with. I would want to see changes in the types of power ups and how they would be used. But I would want to do it in a way that did not upset the spirit of the game.

1610741805658.png

Oracle Link

Smash Master
If i "reboot" kirby than this is his new design in the later games
see where im going with this

The first game is Kirbys New Dreamland (in this game hes still Pink)

The second Game has the first story diffrence after beating the game you see a fiery eye (youi know it right)

in the third game (dreamland 2) Dark matter is replaced with Dark mind YES ITS NOOOOT A REBOOT and even when you get all rainbow drops and defeat him Dedede stays Dark

in the fourth game (dreamland 3) everything is slightly darker and gooey is smart and fiery (but good we need some nice characters after all) In the end Kirby becomes Shadow Kirby

The fifth game is unique in the form that it is a Stealth/Slight horror game (without blood or anything like it) a partner in this game is metaknight who becomes Dark in the CANON Bad ending

Then an Amazing mirror Remake comes out (featuring NORMAL kirby)

the sixth game (kirby 64) has Shadow Kirby , Gooey, Shadow Bandee (bwd) and Microtransagolor (green/White Magolor) go up against Dark Mind 2 Defeating him for Good? but dedede and Metaknight stay evil/dark

etc etc etc

Gameplay wise theyre like Star Allies with better level design and from zhe normal Games borrowed Gimmicks

Its more (obvisouly) Dark while still having a Balanced tone (exp instead of world 1-4 being light and world 5 being dark In DreamLand 2 World one is Light world 2-4 are like the normal world 5 and World 5 Becomes DDDDDDAAAAAAAARRRRRKKKKK)

Normal Kirby games still exist but are 3d

The Games have Very easy, Easy, Medium and Hard as difficulty options Easy is normal Kirby difficulty Medium and upwards limit flight

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Oh man who to choose? Mach Rider would make a great vehicle combat series, Kid Icarus exploring the upper pantheon of gods and monsters, StarTropics being an Indiana Jones like franchise through the generations....

I'll go with reviving the Mysterious Murasame Castle

Since Takamaru is called an apprentice samurai this game could be a remake/retelling that would include more backstory. Let's meet his master/mentor - who I'd imagine as an Uncle Iroh type character from The Last Airbender. A wise, wholesome, capable figure in Takamaru's life. Maybe his death starts the path, but I'd like to keep him around so gamers can appreciate him more.

Takamaru is the main character, and his aforementioned mentor. We should meet the honorable Shogun who tasks Takamaru with his quest. Maybe even meet the enemy Daimyos before they get corrupted by Murasame. One change I would make though would be changing the creature that takes over Murasame from an alien to a demon/yokai/oni instead to better reflect the mystical nature of japanese mythology.

I'd want the game to be serious but not without its own light hearted moments. I'd want moments with the mentor to be good light character moments but the daimyo and murasame fights to be dark and haunting. Maybe even renew that character trait from Captain rainbow where Takamaru gets nervous when talking to women. He does save maidens from the castles after all.

Since the original Famicom game likely had all the lore and story in the manual let's put it in the game instead now. I'd also want to make the enemies more diverse - the color coded ninjas be manifestations etc - black ninjas made of smoke - blue ninjas collapse into water - red ninjas made of fire. Make the game less bullet hell and more strategic combat for each type of enemy.

Let's put this on the Switch. With an art style that is reminiscent of the Edo period's art style. Breath of the Wild like would be gorgeous but focus more on Japanese history/culture/style/etc

You are a Samurai. You have your two swords - one long, one short, your throwing knives, blade wheels, fireball casting. As the story goes you collect armor like the speed sandals, water walking sandals, invincibility helmet and invisibility scroll/cloak. Collecting the chess pieces and equipping them change how your projectiles function. Combat can range from overwhelming forces to one on one showdowns. Let the enemies be capable of ridiculous stunts but keep Takamaru's fighting style grounded in realism.

I'm sure I could map out the entire switch control scheme. It would be a modern game.

Absolutely a hard mode since the original game had one. Post Game would be rooting out any remaining demons who followed Murasame. Maybe even traveling amongst the castles to compete in challenges after being promoted to Samurai.

All in all I'm surprised Nintendo really hasn't made their own Samurai game in ages. I think it would be a fun time.

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
It has to be Golden Sun, and I'd reboot it in a similar fashion to Persona 5 Strikers. With the collectible djinn replacing collectible Personas.

I'd also rebalance that game compared to Persona 5 Strikers. The main flaw with P5S was bosses were stupidly durable and hard hitting to account for the broken economy and unlimited healing items. So I'd hard cap your healing item inventory space, and make enemies way easier.

Last edited:

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
Metroid is a given, but I really love Advance Wars as well.

I’d basically reboot it from the beginning with Andy, Max, and Sami

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Metroid: Rebirth.

Samus singlehandedly fights both the Space Pirates & The Galactic Federation at once, the latter of which has gone into straight-up omnicidal-tyrants mode.

Tone is about the same as previous Metroid games, but with much less emphasis on the horror elements and much more focus on Samus and developing her character/personality.

Adam Malcovich (as a robot) and Ridley are the antagonists.

The timeline would be altered to "Zero Mission, Prime series, Samus Returns, Super, Fusion, Dread/Rebirth." O**** * is not only no longer canon; it's straight-up discredited as Federation propaganda.

The PTSD from Ridley can be kept, but it's more of a "Becomes uncontrollably angry, breaks down in tears after ridley is killed" instead of a "scared deer in the headlights."

Gameplay would be something along the lines of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but without the cover mechanics or grid-based inventory, and instead much more platforming. So you're still exploring; just instead of looking for the next upgrade, you're rummaging through every drawer and closet in people's houses and ventilation shafts for money, missiles, food, passwords to security doors and other weird stuff.

The gimmick is that you can switch between Power Suit (The Mighty Glacier) and Zero Suit (Fragile, Stealthy Speedster) instantly (as long as there's no enemies nearby), both can access different areas. Samus already has all her upgrades at the start; the only problem is that it's all been shut off behind ransomware put in by Adam Malcovich after Fusion.

You will also be able to pet any Metroid you come across. This is a very important feature.

Probably F-Zero. Never played an F-Zero game; I just want to make F-Zero fans happy.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Metroid: Rebirth.

Samus singlehandedly fights both the Space Pirates & The Galactic Federation at once, the latter of which has gone into straight-up omnicidal-tyrants mode.

Tone is about the same as previous Metroid games, but with much less emphasis on the horror elements and much more focus on Samus and developing her character/personality.

Adam Malcovich (as a robot) and Ridley are the antagonists.

The timeline would be altered to "Zero Mission, Prime series, Samus Returns, Super, Fusion, Dread/Rebirth." O**** * is not only no longer canon; it's straight-up discredited as Federation propaganda.

The PTSD from Ridley can be kept, but it's more of a "Becomes uncontrollably angry, breaks down in tears after ridley is killed" instead of a "scared deer in the headlights."

Gameplay would be something along the lines of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but without the cover mechanics or grid-based inventory, and instead much more platforming. So you're still exploring; just instead of looking for the next upgrade, you're rummaging through every drawer and closet in people's houses and ventilation shafts for money, missiles, food, passwords to security doors and other weird stuff.

The gimmick is that you can switch between Power Suit (The Mighty Glacier) and Zero Suit (Fragile, Stealthy Speedster) instantly (as long as there's no enemies nearby), both can access different areas. Samus already has all her upgrades at the start; the only problem is that it's all been shut off behind ransomware put in by Adam Malcovich after Fusion.

You will also be able to pet any Metroid you come across. This is a very important feature.

Probably F-Zero. Never played an F-Zero game; I just want to make F-Zero fans happy.
Weird how metroid larva are just super cute right? but let me just pet every alien enemy i mean there are a lot of cute ones!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Not a reboot but I would love to see more of the earlier Mario game worlds come back such as Super Mario Bros 2 USA with Wart, Super Mario Land 1 + 2 with Tatanga and Wario as villians.

I still want the Bowser games but I would love to have some of these more diverse worlds and game styles come back as well.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I choose Captain N: The Game Master. Hey, it counts as a Nintendo property. I'd probably have the new version be called Super Smash Bros. The Animated Series since the old show was practically SSB a decade before SSB. It could be a Netflix original, launching alongside a Netflix app on Switch.

1. What would be the story?

The plot starts simple enough: Master Hand is trying to take over the video game multi-verse with his army of villains reprogrammed to serve him. Most of the major Nintendo heroes (:ultmario::ultluigi::ultlink::ultsamus::ultfox::ultpokemontrainer::ultpit: & so forth) have been taken prisoner & turned into trophies by Hand's forces, as each of them were picked off 1 by 1 by enemies they're not used to fighting (Mario is beaten by Andross' fleet, Link succumbs to status effects from Pokemon, etc.)

Max Keene is a highschooler from the real world (shown via live action footage) who finds himself sucked through a portal into Subspace by Lana (HW), 9-Volt & Nikki who activated an ancient teleportation as a last resort. They task Max with the quest of freeing the heroes of Nintendo & defeating Master Hand. 9-Volt gives him a NES Zapper that functions like a real blaster to help him get started.

Due to all of the good, competent heroes being captured, Max has to settle on recruiting a team of the lesser, unsung heroes to help him. Guys like Waluigi, Krystal, Sami, Chibi Robo, & so forth. They may be the underdogs & rejects, but they're also the last hope the whole Nintendo multiverse has left.

The lore? World-building is very important?

For world building, the multiverse of the show exists on 3 layers:
1. The "Real World" where Max is from, depicted in live action whenever possible (I would love to get some Nintendo guys like Miyamoto, Sakurai, or Reggie to make cameos).
2. Subspace, the space between games & reality. The miis live in this plane of existence as they are the bridge between players & the game worlds.
3. The multitude of universes of each franchise existing independently of each other.

The game worlds exist as a byproduct of the video games created & played in the real world. In essence Max isn't traveling into the physical games themselves but into the "canon" of those games, worlds that take the form of a franchise's canonical lore & setting. The canon world of Hyrule for example has far larger fields and towns with populations in the thousands & doesn't have out-of-bounds clipping or skyboxes because it's a proper fleshed out world.

But the thing about canon is it's very malleable. Players & especially developers in the real world are essentially like gods to the game worlds, able to reshape & rewrite their lore at will. This mainly serves as an in-universe explanation for how the show can technically be in continuity with every IP represented within it despite it being pretty obvious no IRL game sequel will acknowledge it: it's events were retconned by the devs as part of the game worlds' malleability.

The concept of the game worlds having their canon history being altered can be used as a plot point. For example, worlds that already have innate variables like nameable protagonists will auto-reshape themselves to adapt Max Keene's personal experience when he enters them. For example, in Kanto :ultpokemontrainer: is named "Kevin" & has a :ultcharizard: because that's what Max named him & chose as a starter when Max played Pokemon Fire Red in the real world. Late in the show's run Master Hand eventually releases he can't truly all of the game worlds due to the real world's influence & thus begins an invasion of the real world, upping the stakes for the finale.

Generally, the early episodes/seasons will be exclusively Nintendo franchises but 3rd parties may be added if deals are reached with them. I would love to do a full-on literal console wars arc with XBox & Playstation gamemasters leading their own teams. Maybe that's a bit too much of a pipe dream.

HEROES

Max Keene: The new incarnation of Captain N. His name is an amalgamation of his previous incarnations (Max Powers & Kevin Keene). Despite his name change, he has a tendency to name nameable characters Kevin (Red not being the last example of this), suggesting that he somehow subconsciously still remembers his past continuity. Perhaps malleable canon goes both ways....

Lana: The Hyrule Warriors Lana, not the one from the old Captain N or Pokemon Sun/Moon. Although she basically fills the role that the old Princess Lana did as the one that brings Captain N into action. Her seer powers are expanded from simply observing the different Zelda timelines to being able to observe all realities.

9-Volt & Nikki: A couple of supporting allies that Lana brought in to aid in her mission. Nikki, being a former mii & a character that interacts directly to players, could help in reaching the real world. 9-Volt offers multiple Nintendo peripherals that are upgraded to serve as Max's equipment including a NES Zapper, a 3DS that doubles as a database on worlds & communications device, & a wiimote that opens portals to each world.

The Unsung: Max's party, a collection of underappreciated game characters that Master Hand didn't consider a big enough threat to bother turning into trophies. Only by working together can they hope to suceed where the more famous heroes failed individually. Waluigi, Chibi Robo, Sami, & Takamaru are among the members. Arguably Krystal too, oddly I think her reputation online has gotten better so I'm not so sure she counts as an unsung hero anymore. Maybe Miyu or Fay instead?

Duke the :ultivysaur:: Since Red/Kevin has a Charizard, his rival Blue/Mike has a blastoise, leaving behind the bulbasaur at Oak's lab which Captain N claims early on.

VILLAINS

Master Hand: An inter-dimensional being obsessed with creation & control. He wants absolute order in all realities & finds the malleable continuity of the game worlds to be an infuriation that he can't abide by & will "correct" by bringing them all under his control.

The Fingers: 5 resurrected video game villains that serve as MH's generals. They're all deceased villains MH brought back under the condition they serve him unquestionably. Naturally, at least a few of the villains scheme behind his back regardless. The starting line-up includes Mother Brain, Andross, Ganondorf (from at least 1 LoZ timeline where he stayed dead), Medusa, & Vincent. Over time as the villains are defeated again or kicked out for betrayals, replacements are brought on like Sturm & Dark Matter. 3rd party baddies might even join in time. What's that? Who's Vincent you ask?

Vincent: The rival of Pokemon GSC as named by Max (another obscure Captain N reference) & in this show is the active leader of Team Cosmic, a fusion of Team Rocket & Galactic he formed with the help of his mom Ariana & sister Commander Mars. Except....his not. "Vincent" is actually a ditto masquerading as the GSC rival, one that belonged to :ultpokemontrainerf:. The current form of the Pokemon world's canon is based on Max's second playthrough of Fire Red. In his 1st playthrough, he had chosen to play the female protagonist but later on restarted the game as the male, effectively removing the female protag from existence. MH resurrected her ditto & made an offer that he would revive its trainer in exchange for helping him conquer the Pokemon world. Hence why the Ditto took the form of Giovanni's son to rally 2 of the biggest factions together, something the real rival wouldn't actually do.

Bowser: Due to never really dying, Bowser is never a member of Hand's forces & tends to act as a wildcard in the greater conflict.

Fighting Polygon Army: Introduce in the final arc, after the last of the fingers & their minions are defeated, MH reveals his back-up plan of mass produced polygonal clones of some of the best fighters across the multiverse as his new army. Made from solidified subspace matter & utterly lacking independent thought, they represent MH's vision of order at it's purest.

Max's mii: A running gag is Max Keene tends to pick on his own mii a lot, until the mii gets fed up with & becomes a spy for MH. This is how MH gets a hold of the teleporter to the real world for his invasion.

A mix of both is inevitable considering the variety of IPs involed. I guess my vision is something akin to shows like Justice League Unlimited or Teen Titans which can do both serious & silly episodes. The overall general premise is serious but then get lighter 1-off episodes like a Wario Ware themed one where Waluigi tries to start his own microgame company to compete with Wario's & fails spectacularly.

It's not in continuity with Captain N or any SSB game so it's pretty different all around.

Well it's a streaming series, so I would recommend a remote.

Last edited:
Top Bottom