• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saturday Night Kaillera

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
I'm in, *****, how the **** do I join this **** ass tournament on this ****ing link?

nevermind, you have to click the link, then figure out how to log in, then find the tournament again, then click join tournament

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
saltsizzle is listed twice.

ALSO. at red bank, seeding is usually done by results at that particular venue. seeding should be done here by the results of previous weeklies, for consistency. the way it is right now, syph and stud have 1 and 2 seeds, despite placing well below fireblaster.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
saltsizzle is listed twice.

ALSO. at red bank, seeding is usually done by results at that particular venue. seeding should be done here by the results of previous weeklies, for consistency. the way it is right now, syph and stud have 1 and 2 seeds, despite placing well below fireblaster.
The "seeding" as is listed now is just based on order of sign ups. The TO can just reorganize the seeds right before he starts the tournament

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
sure. but last night's "seeding" was "whoever studstill thinks is better or likes more," aka lols

Studstill

Smash Ace
sure. but last night's "seeding" was "whoever studstill thinks is better or likes more," aka lols
Hey man, this kind of attitude will not be tolerated. People listen to you, for some reason, and again for some reason believe what you say. Fireblaster already had to come in here and correct you once, now I have to do it again. Can you please phrase things in the form of "I think" or "it seemed" when you are literally just making **** up or simply misunderstnading.
As TO/TD, I will continue to seed these tournaments as I see fit. I think last night`s was totally, fine, even with LDZ, Combo, and Komo gettting seeded way too low due to late show up.
Further, I think everyone was seeded fine last night, and of course I will use past results to influence future choices. I just need you to stop acting like this, please. If you enjoy the tournaments play in them. Absolutely nothing went wrong last night with the seeding, so youa re just making trouble and I don`t appreciate it. I seeded based on skill, as evidenced by the fact that I didn`t stack the whole thing against you as much as possible. Seriously, dude, not cool. Seeding was fine, you don`t understand how to read (it says in the rules that the bracket isnt final until Midnight), and just quit inventing problems. I like the fact that you wan tto play in most of these, but you need to change your attitude as a player. I asked you to stop talking **** to LD DURING THE GAME, AS TD, and you refused. I`m sorry that everything goes your way at your Mom`s, but this is the real world and you need to learn how to interact with other people. Quit making so many ****ty assumptions, quit constantly inventing non-existent 'problems' based off those assumptions, and the most important rule in these tournaments, or anywhere SSB64 in fact,

QUOTE:
HAVE FUN! DON`T BE A PRICK.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Is this at midnight EST again?
Yeah, which idk I guess kinda sucks for EC (personally idc, I`m up lol) but I`m trying to make it at a good time for everyone, i.e. 9 PST/12 EST was the best pair of times,imo. I`m totally open to suggestions for these times, just the best I thought. Tough problem, the three hour diff.

Shears

Smash Master
The TO can remove entrants, including duplicate entries. The TO can also reseed the brackets before they start. I agree tournaments should be seeded based on previous results, and I would expect Studstill to do that, but he is the TO and he can conduct it how he sees fit. Certainly there will be more people on board and in support if he goes with the grain.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
let's analyze this, shall we?

when you are literally just making **** up or simply misunderstnading.
"rob: what's the stage?
knitephox: yeah, how do we decide stage?
studstill: well, i think knite is better than rob, so rob is seeded lower. so he picks the stage."

LDZ, Combo, and Komo gettting seeded way too low due to late show up.
if no matches were played that affect them, you can move them around. i don't even know who LDZ is. regardless, combo was definitely present in the last one, dunno if komo was. if you can click a mouse, you can fix the bracket. simple.

I will continue to seed these tournaments as I see fit.
well, we've already witnessed that you have a poor and very skewed sense of who's better than who and who should be seeded higher than who, so i think it's best to avoid that problem by basing these tourneys on previous results. that is, you should have no input past tonight as to who goes where. i think 3 events, 4 if you include matts' event for reference, is adequate to determine future seedings. especially if these stay at 16 entrants, because then you only have to worry about 1-4, maybe 1-8.

of course I will use past results to influence future choices.
but you didn't.

I seeded based on skill, as evidenced by the fact that I didn`t stack the whole thing against you as much as possible.
therein lies the issue. kabal won the last one and got 4th seed. this effectively means that that particular win counted for nothing for future events.

I asked you to stop talking **** to LD DURING THE GAME, AS TD, and you refused.
yes, i refused, because i wasn't talking ****. i was providing my OWN commentary on MY own game that I was playing. sometimes when i play, i talk. i am not going to change my behavior because it isn't disruptive to my opponent (and truth be told, i wouldn't do that anyway, cuz you can't order someone to be quiet, that's just LOLworthy). all i said about LD was he's annoying as hell to play, and he knows that.

, but this is the real world and you need to learn how to interact with other people
i need to learn how to interact with people?

but he is the TO and he can conduct it how he sees fit.
however, if there are issues, he should take advice. this of course goes much further than TO'ing, but i digress. if i get invited to a skype call with potential opponents...yup, i'm gonna be talking.

Certainly there will be more people on board and in support if he goes with the grain.
naturally. but of course, we know that's next to impossible for studstill. but you know, you speak the studstill language, so many you can get through to him.

one more thing:
DON`T BE A PRICK.
I`m sorry that everything goes your way at your Mom`s
k

Shears

Smash Master
He doesn't **** anything up. I have 100% authoritative and dictatorship control. I am god, bow down before me ye peasants and despair for I am the chosen one and your submission will be rewarded. Peace be with you and may the idealism of shears save the world.

caneut

Smash Ace
Then stop allowing studstill to say "we" when talking about working on the site.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Again, cobr, everything you say is ****ing wrong and stupid. Jesus ****ing christ, now you have infected Shears with this bad data.

Studstill

Smash Ace
I think he should take the advice, and I expect him to. We will see though.
edit: Upon re-read it`s unclear, but only the first sentence addresses Shears, all others are directed at Rob.

What advice? To tell Combo and Komo and LDZ to **** off next time because I already made the bracket? Or to not find each of them very quickly a decent opponent out of the byes and tell them to get started while I hurriedly remake the bracket 5 minutes after the tournament was supposed to start? Maybe I should have not spent hours of my weekend dealing with your bull****? Are you advising me to do that, ************? Oh right, me swearing at you is now part of some game, so I should stop.

**** you.

What was actually wrong about the seeding or the rules you degenerate piece of ****?
Nothing.
The tournaments went great, but all you have to do is ***** and tell me to conform to your 'established' whatever.
And apparently SmashBoards is ok with it, what a ****ing ****hole. Sorry you don`t like me bro, but you have zero ****ing authority so just get the **** off my nuts already.
Jesus ****ing christ you sack of ****, it`s a free online tournament
And for all you other people, this is exactly why I think this community is ****.
Can`t none of you, some of whom allege to be this ****bags friend, can`t step up and tell him the ****ing reality here.
Un****ing real. Thanks to the 3 people who thanked me in pm for putting my time in, can`t do it in public because of this ****ing ****bird.

Shears 'understands' me because he has at least half a brain, and knows how to be a ****ing adult.
He even manages to keep a polite undertone of 'if the account you are providing is true,' thankfully, through out responding to your pile of total horse**** accusations.

Wait, my bad. I`m pretending I know what the **** I`m talking about again:
Did anyone enjoy the tournaments?
Were the rules painfully stupid and unbearable?
Was the tournament misseeded?
Did I have to deal with Rob not only being late twice, deciding to eat and forfeit, or just forfeiting for no reason?
Did I not handle all his tournament disruptive (intentional?) bull**** with ****ing aplomb?
Goddamn.
Just ****ing stop already.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Since we don`t have a mod, can we get the real words in there? I mean, this ********assbitch is way more offensive to sensible people than double posts and baaaad woooooords.
Edit:
I can say ass?
What about dumbass?
Or cockass?
Edit 2: SUCCESS YOU COCKASS

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
edit: Thanks to the 3 people who thanked me in pm for putting my time in, can`t do it in public because of this ****ing ****bird.
Top level trolling by those 3 people there. We thank you for continuing studstill's delusional fantasy for our enjoyment :)

Studstill

Smash Ace
Because this is what you should deal with if you want to play SSB64 with people. Get the **** in line or get the **** out.
If caneut and Rob don`t like you, then **** you man, not sorry, get the **** out.
LOL how sad.
How ****ing sad you are.
Wait, ****ty. I meant ****ty. I`m sad because you are ****ty! I got it!

Studstill

Smash Ace
What I mean, exactly, @ Shears Shears is that we could be sitting here discussing the seeding, or what time to run a Sunday or weekly one across 3 time zones, or who should be who on the calendar, but we aren`t.
We`re doing this. Forever, because I have no power to stop it, and you et al do not wish it to end, this contentless gibberish about me.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Oh cool, more harassment! Now on another, more public site!
Lol. What a ****ing tool.

Shears

Smash Master
I'm impartial on all of this. But I think if its his free online tournament, then its his rules. No one complains about seeding for yolo tournaments or other online tournaments, only studstills. I don't think these arguments are necessary, either play in his tournament or don't.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you can't be impartial and think he should take advice. that means you're partial to one side

Top Bottom