Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Satoru Iwata has passed away. An official statement from Nintendo attributes his death to a bile duct growth. A great legend in the world of gaming has left us today. This great shock marks a sad day in Nintendo history as they lose an employee of over 30 years. His creative brilliance and kind heart will be solely missed, and Nintendo Directs will never be the same. Our hearts and well wishes go to his family. We will post updates as we have them.

From Masahiro Sakurai:

“The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace.”

Update: His funeral will be held on the 17th and shall be led by his wife and Nintendo. Source

Last edited:

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
It's so crazy to hear this. I feel speechless... Rest In Peace, Mr. Satoru Iwata. Thank you for being a huge part of the company that shaped my favourite activity and childhood to this point.

I express my sorrow and thanks... directly, to you. :cry:
Nintendo Directs will never be the same with out you... God Bless You

Last edited:

Satoru Iwata has passed away. An official statement from Nintendo attributes his death to a bile duct growth. A great legend in the world of gaming has left us today. This great shock marks a sad day in Nintendo history as they lose an employee of over 30 years. His creative brilliance and kind heart will be solely missed, and Nintendo Directs will never be the same. Our hearts and well wishes go to his family. We will post updates as we have them.
R.I.P one of the most influential people in my life.

xed122

Smash Cadet
tanks for all mr iwata

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
NNID
KenboCalrissian
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
At least he got to see the return of the Nintendo World Championships before he went, especially since he had a huge hand in bringing that all together. So sad to see him go at such a young age...

GG WP, Mr. Iwata. You will be sorely missed.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I found out this just now. Such sudden and sad news.

We knew he had surgery for a tumor last year, but it goes to show you can never be sure with this sort of things.

As Nintendo fans, I'm sure we've all grown to know him a bit from the Nintendo Direct presentations in the past few years or perhaps the Iwata Asks interviews, which I particularly liked.

Though I may have not known him personally, I did have respect for him.

Rest in peace, Iwata-san. You live on through your legacy and impact on the industry and the fans.