• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
i'm down to attend any smashfest.

on campus? off campus?

we should try and grab everyone
thomas, erik, emille, henry, erick, vince, sheridan, dajuan, kevin ....

anyone else?

Kira-

Smash Champion
There's no way PewPewU goes to UCSC right? Feels like a dumb question but I gotta make sure

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I don't really care where we have it, as long as it isn't too far from campus. I can't host though because of how small my apartment is and the fact that I'm sharing it with 4 other friends who are also studying for finals.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Hi again, everyone! I posted here a little over a month ago asking if there would be any potential smashfests going on between Dec 29th and Jan 11th. I'm flying out from Virginia to visit my girlfriend for a couple weeks. She knows that I have a love for Melee and that I wanted to have a chance to play some people from her area for a day or something. She lives in Scott's Valley and we should have access to a car, so transportation won't be an issue.

tldr: I'm an outsider who will be in town for a couple weeks who wants to play some people. Is there a Facebook group that I can join and follow for a little?

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Official NorCal Melee is the one you'd want to join. I'm sure people will be glad to play you.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
I'm still in santa cruz willing to play

@Arcadia, if you're down to play with just one santa cruzian, i'd be down to come over (or you could come over, but my place is kinda small)
did you manage to make it into the facebook group? I might be able to invite you if you havent gotten an invite yet.

i live near downtown santa cruz

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
I'm still in santa cruz willing to play

@Arcadia, if you're down to play with just one santa cruzian, i'd be down to come over (or you could come over, but my place is kinda small)
did you manage to make it into the facebook group? I might be able to invite you if you havent gotten an invite yet.

i live near downtown santa cruz
My girlfriend's place is pretty small too haha. Whether it be 1 or 100, I'd be glad to play anyone from the area! I did make it into the group, but from what it sounds like, a lot of people are home for the holidays and a lot of the smashfests are too far to drive to. :(

What day/time is good for you for me to come over?

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend's place is pretty small too haha. Whether it be 1 or 100, I'd be glad to play anyone from the area! I did make it into the group, but from what it sounds like, a lot of people are home for the holidays and a lot of the smashfests are too far to drive to. :(

What day/time is good for you for me to come over?
tomorow / thursday is good for me, afternoon / evening but no real time preference

do you have a setup? (melee, right?)

my cell number is (626) 246 - 4401 you can text to reach me too

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
tomorow / thursday is good for me, afternoon / evening but no real time preference

do you have a setup? (melee, right?)

my cell number is (626) 246 - 4401 you can text to reach me too
Awesome! Tomorrow sounds good. :) I'll text you so you have my number. Also, yes I have a gamecube and melee, but no portable TV. :p

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'll be back in SC tomorrow. Is anyone playing Friday? Also who from SC is going to the Concord tournament on Sunday? If you have a car I'm willing to help pay for gas if I can get a ride.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way someone could organize a casual tournament for project M in this area?

I would really love to go to a casual tournament for it, it's so fun.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
lets have a smashfest tomorow (on saturday)

whos back?

just me erick, dajuan, thomas, and henry?

SherdUUUU?

Arcadia is a pretty good marth player and he wants to play some santa cruz peeeeeps

@Translucent idk if we're the right people to ask about project M. I know Sheridan likes it...
if you're in the bay area, there are more people willing to play it around there. Santa Cruz is slightly(80 minutes) removed from the bay area

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Good games today everyone, including Arcadia! Next time we play I will give you advice on the Yoshi-Marth matchup (it's even at best and slightly in Yoshi's favor otherwise).

eriK

Smash Rookie
I have no class till 5PM, down to get together somewhere on campus if that's feasible.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I heard that the guys from around SF (SFAT, L, etc.) are coming to Dajuan's place tomorrow for a smashfest.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
NO MY PLACE IS TINY

lets play at henry's =]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] (inviting my[our]selves over))))))))))))[][]<>))){}{}{}{

Crowing

Smash Cadet
If you want to play tonight, I am down. Was lifting weights for a while and probably going back for racquetball at 5.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Oops, I forgot to check here the last few days haha. Thanks for giving me the chance to play some of you guys! :) It felt really good to play some people outside of Richmond. I'll be around for 2 more days before I leave on Saturday. If you guys are hosting anything else, I'd be down to play for an hour or 2 again (maybe more if I can convince my girlfriend lol).

@Kimimaru, I'd love some Yoshi advice! I've always had trouble playing against him. It's easily my most difficult low-tier matchup as I've noticed against the Yoshi player that I play in Richmond.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Yo Truman, Can I get my phone charger sometime tonight. My phone is deadddddddd.

(melee tonight?)

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
uhm, yeah, i'd be down. but im gone from 7 till the rest of the night

i can maybe drop it off at your house if people are going there to smash

just watching the stream and chillin right now

Top Bottom