• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'd like to announce my candidacy for Grand Emperor of smash club.

I'm running on a platform of bigger TVs, more members, and systematically killing off the other groups as to gain more support for our own.

I hope to see you all voting!

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I vote for Glyph$. Also it looks like David Mendez isn't interested in playing one of the fastest improving :peach: mains in the California Melee community (Daniel). People aren't really interested in improving these days which makes coming to Smash Club a fun experience instead of a rewarding experience. I have been wanting to test out my Young Link game vs. Dante's Jigglypuff for some time now, but all he wants to do is play teams. :facepalm:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
lol you never told me you were training up a YL. I'd be glad to **** it. :p

also I've been in more of a singles mood lately (but you wouldn't know that because you haven't been to smash club in weeks [OH SNAP]).

CableCho57

Smash Lord
when are you guys back?? im in hella need of some smash! and i'm on break now hahaha
anything going down tomorrow?

and sorry I havent been going on thursdays matt. I have a class thursday night and more often than not, I do the homework thats due that day just a few hours before class LOL. Ill start being responsible and doing it earlier so I can play hahahha

edit: lol who the heck is this glyphmoney? is he coming to sb or something? and speaking of money, I still need to pay you back for that gas dante!

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
How much gas money does Caleb owe Dante? One of the reasons why I don't travel for tournaments is because I'm out of money. Also can Dante fix my controller my attaching the should buttons from the black controller onto the white controller? :confused:

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be working in SB all this week, so if anyone has a place to play and wants to play, I'm down to smash fest some time after 5:00pm.

@Huy,

I now understand the role of the Smash Club officer, and I am completely willing and able to assume that role. I have not yet gotten a confirmation that I will get into UCSB, but it's quite likely. I'll let you know when it's official and we can discuss logistics.

@Caleb,

Good! Keep priorities straight! Never fall behind with HW, but time for smash is always good-.-

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Is there going to be any melee this weekend. Cuz im itching to play.

@Dante

Wish you would have been down to go to tournaments when i was still in college. I would ahve been super down. As it stands right now, im not willing to go to tournaments to get my butt kicked. Not until im owning you again :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Is there going to be any melee this weekend. Cuz im itching to play.

@Dante

Wish you would have been down to go to tournaments when i was still in college. I would ahve been super down. As it stands right now, im not willing to go to tournaments to get my butt kicked. Not until im owning you again :)
I was down to go, it's just I couldn't drive back then and had to rely on other people that were going to tournaments and wanted to take me. Back then only brawl players went to tournaments really, and occasionally you and josh. heck, even now no one else from sb really goes to melee tournaments, so it's kinda just me. And how are you going to get better if you don't play as much any more. It's only once a week. :bee:

I know you probably won't check the thread again for a while so I'll call you when some smash is going down.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
After April 15th I can start playing a little bit more. I dont have a setup at home which is killing my alone practice. But i can basically just play on weekends :( but yea i need to start playing more, gonna go to the thrift store and buy a ****ty tv.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
So here's the deal

I got this email from David C yesterday:

No Smash Club Meeting this weekend. Room reservation confirmed.

Meetings will happen on Saturdays from 5PM-12. TECHNICALLY the room should be open tomorrow, but I will not be hosting a meeting.

I will be attempting to actually be productive this weekend. Wish me luck!

~David Chao
So it looks like we could do like we did last quarter before finals week where we just show up and if it's open we could play anyway. Is everyone down with this?

Top Bottom