• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sandstorm wow

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Being on the East Coast sucks. The last match I saw was Hbox vs. Gahtzu. I checked the bracket when I woke up and my jaw dropped. When the 6 and 7 seeds get 3rd and 2nd, respectively, you know some **** went down. What I want to know is: Where can I find top 8 footage?

redruM

Smash Rookie
I wish more tourneys were on the east coast, or at least have tourneys start earlier. 2pm is pretty damn late. IMO, tourneys should start in the morning, like around 10 AM. 2pm PST/ 5pm EST is so late for something that takes 12+ hours.

Massive

Smash Champion
I wish more tourneys were on the east coast, or at least have tourneys start earlier. 2pm is pretty damn late. IMO, tourneys should start in the morning, like around 10 AM. 2pm PST/ 5pm EST is so late for something that takes 12+ hours.
Keep in mind that Smash tournaments are held for the players, not the watchers.

You can always just watch videos later when they're posted.

TacoLord9000

Smash Cadet
Four things that I have learned form this tournament:
1. Mango is confirmed full-time buster.
2. Westballz's performance was godly.
3. Pikachu could rise in the tier list with Axe's performance
4. Armada is still the iron wall of smash.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Twitch auto archives streams if users enable it.There's no need to separately record the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_dkX2_MJZeiYZImFN8AOvg
I would agree with you, if the tournament hadn't been streamed over a wireless connection. I don't want to discredit the efforts of the people involved to get up some stream under the given circumstances, nor do I feel entitled to get perfect coverage of anything smash related ever, but I just really can't stand watching smash when there's so many dropped "frames" (more like seconds :( )...

and well, since from what I've heard this sounds like it's been an amazing tournament I thought I'd ask whether this is one of the instances where good things come to those who wait, or whether that twitch archive is all we're going to get ;)

AirFair

Marth tho
Westballz is so inconsistent tho. He says he will quit and then stuff like this happens lol

I feel so bad for m2k right now. All the **** he's been getting. He didn't even play melee :(

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Westballz is so inconsistent tho. He says he will quit and then stuff like this happens lol

I feel so bad for m2k right now. All the **** he's been getting. He didn't even play melee :(
He was offended by getting 5th seed and forfeited. It was confirmed on stream. The sm4sh team name thing was bull**** and I do pity him for that.

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Four things that I have learned form this tournament:
1. Mango is confirmed full-time buster.
2. Westballz's performance was godly.
3. Pikachu could rise in the tier list with Axe's performance
4. Armada is still the iron wall of smash.
Don't sleep on The Kid. :b:

He was offended by getting 5th seed and forfeited. It was confirmed on stream. The sm4sh team name thing was bull**** and I do pity him for that.
Wait, how was it "confirmed" that he forfeit due to seeding?

AirFair

Marth tho
Well, he technically wanted 3rd seed

Having 5th seed would mean he would face off against a god much sooner. He wasn't feeling confident, which was what he said.

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Well, he technically wanted 3rd seed

Having 5th seed would mean he would face off against a god much sooner. He wasn't feeling confident, which was what he said.
True, but later he said that he dropped the wrong game.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
As soon as I looked at the bracket I knew it was the hardest try hard bracket ever for m2k. He would have to face hbox early and even if he won he would have to face armada next. If he loses to hbox (most likely) he would have to face guys like wobbles, westballz, axe, and potentially mango, leffen or hbox in loosers.

I didn't feel surprised that he quit, lol.

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
As soon as I looked at the bracket I knew it was the hardest try hard bracket ever for m2k. He would have to face hbox early and even if he won he would have to face armada next. If he loses to hbox (most likely) he would have to face guys like wobbles, westballz, axe, and potentially mango, leffen or hbox in loosers.

I didn't feel surprised that he quit, lol.
The best part though was the chat flooding with "lol m2k" at first and then "lol m5k"

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
That match between Mango and Axe excited the hell out of me. Goddamn I was not expecting that.

TacoLord9000

Smash Cadet
I'm not gonna lie, I was shouting and going crazy during the Axe Mango match, since Axe is my favorite player and I wanted him to win so badly.
Also I love how HBox went from being SadBox after losing to Armada and then transforming into AngryBox where he destroyed Leffen.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Don't sleep on The Kid. :b:
I dunno... I think he's sleeping on himself. His post INY interview made me think "Wow, his cockiness is going through the roof, this can't be good for him in future tournaments" and then he gets bodied at sandstorm.

If anything, the kid needs to wake up. Nobody sleeps on him anymore, he's sleeping on the other top players.

redruM

Smash Rookie
I dunno... I think he's sleeping on himself. His post INY interview made me think "Wow, his cockiness is going through the roof, this can't be good for him in future tournaments" and then he gets bodied at sandstorm.

If anything, the kid needs to wake up. Nobody sleeps on him anymore, he's sleeping on the other top players.
I think Armada is the best player in the world right now. Mango looks like he doesn't care anymore.

This seems to be an interesting time in Melee. A lot of non-gods like Leffen and Axe are consistently getting top 8 and defeating gods to get there. Could there be a turning of the tide? It seems like Armada is the only one that takes it seriously anymore. Hbox focusing on school, just plays casual games of Netplay (though he will probably be attending more tourneys since it's the summer)... Mango plays Allstar and drunk friendlies with Dunk and Lucky, I think going to INY and Sandstorm was him acknowledging the fact that he isn't at the top of his game anymore and needs to make a real effort to get back there again. M2k has expressed interest in quitting the tourney scene altogether. PPMD.... is PPMD. I don't think he will ever go to more than three tournaments a year.

I think there could be a handful of different players at the top of competitive Melee by this time next year if this continues. The gods are still the gods... they have raw talent that won't just vanish due to a lack of play. I mean, Hbox nearly beat Armada at Sandstorm and 3-1'd Leffen despite being out of the competitive scene since Apex. But unless they are consistently practicing (practicing for real, not casual games and netplay) and attending tournaments they aren't going to be at the top of their game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom