• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego sm4sh players?

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
Hey everyone - wondering if there are any dedicated sm4shers in SD. I just moved down here for work; living in Hillcrest. Would love to find some local smashers to get some local Wii U gameplay going, even get some tournaments together etc. Add me on 3ds and we can play too!

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
I live out in East County, so I probably couldn't afford to make the drive except for special occasions, but for sure add me on your Wii U friend list! My nintendo id is Fishbowl22, I'd be down to play some online matches once I get the game (might be a little later than I prefer..)

Also, pretty sure there's a pretty sizable facebook group for smashers in our area. I'd link you to it, but I don't even know where it is :/
but now you know it's out there somewhere, haha

Mainey

Smash Rookie
I'm from mira mesa, but I don't have my license yet to get around sadly..

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
cool - i'll definitely add you guys once i get my Wii U.

And nice Mira Mesa, I'm going to be working out there!

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
i added you REN! Let's train sometime, eager to play something other than FD :)

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I certainly wouldn't mind some games with you all.

Of course, sooner or later we're going to have to figure out some local tourneys for WiiU.

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
just set up my wii u, best buy has shipped my smash bros u, eagerly awaiting

LeKevin

Smash Rookie
I'm also in the San Diego, and I know basically no one else who plays it here. So you should add me too, haha.

PapaDiggle

Smash Rookie
NNID
PapaDiggle
Hey guys! I'm in the same (Wii U) boat. Living in North Park, don't know many folks in the area who are playing. Definitely add me, and I'm joining that facebook group right now.

ecaflip

Smash Cadet
Also a fellow player in the SD county. Over in the north though, it really sucks. I'm too far to make trips to SD city feasible, and I'm too far south to make trips to LA timely either. Don't move to the 760/442 area code unless you plan on retiring or you wanna enlist in the armed forces.

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
sweet! i'll add you guys over the weekend, add me too, NNID is: deakolt.

Looking forward to some local games and maybe some meetups? =O

REN

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3024-7090-1313
I'm on Anther's Ladder right now. 3DS.

NewtonJacks

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone - wondering if there are any dedicated sm4shers in SD. I just moved down here for work; living in Hillcrest. Would love to find some local smashers to get some local Wii U gameplay going, even get some tournaments together etc. Add me on 3ds and we can play too!
I live here in SD. Driving isn't an issue either. I'd love to get a group together to play with.

JFiesto

Smash Rookie
im in the san diego area dont have a wiiu but i have a 3ds if yall wanna play message me

someone should set up a tourney in SD i wanna see how well i do ive been trying to look for a close tourney but no luck finding one

Utena

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yurigod
im at UCSD. message me if you want to come thru and play sm4sh/brawl/melee. i have setups, byoc tho

probably wont be able to for a while tho because finals + christmas break

Last edited:

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to SDSU I would love to join a smash 4 tourney. Everyone at my school only plays melee.

iplayBANJO

Smash Rookie
NNID
iplayBANJO
3DS FC
4785-6819-4602
I am in Escondido and would love to get together for some Smash Wii U. I work full-time hours and am more than a full-time student otherwise I'd try to organize/host some meetups myself. I'd even love some online games with less latency issues, but I don't have a wired connection so that's not likely to happen regardless of close geographical proximity.

Last edited:

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
SDSU has an esports club and every friday we get together to play smash, mvc, SF, etc. Maybe I can talk to them to see if they'll let in non students to come in and play.

atom8bit

Smash Rookie
There are groups in the county - NintenDiego is one of the groups; we meet all over the county (have had events in Oceanside, Chula Vista, San Diego, Escondido so far - one coming up in OB as well). Amiibo Smash tournament on Feb 1st :) (event on facebook and website)

Rich Homie John

Smash Rookie
I am in Escondido and would love to get together for some Smash Wii U. I work full-time hours and am more than a full-time student otherwise I'd try to organize/host some meetups myself. I'd even love some online games with less latency issues, but I don't have a wired connection so that's not likely to happen regardless of close geographical proximity.
New Escondido player fiending to get my hands on the game. Willing to open house for sessions here since I dont have a car. All I need are consoles to play on.

terablitz

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i live near chula vista and i would totaly be intrested in playing some smash 4 with any fo you guys we could meet up and play some 3ds matches

MegaManLeo

Smash Rookie
NNID
MegaManLeo
I'm also within the San Diego area but I'm in between National City and Lemon Grove and I'm beginning to get more involved in the sm4sh community. I'm one of the best Mega Man's around too! I have both versions of smash except my 3Ds broke so I'll be getting the NEW 3Ds hopefully

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
Escondido here, I'd be totally cool having some local Smashers on my friends list.
edit: clarification

Last edited:

Ur2Slow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sponger64
I'm in San Diego too (Claremont area). I only know one other person that plays WiiU smash near me (and they're not competitive). Everyone else around me plays 3ds :p . Add me on your friends list if you wanna play sometime

ibZion

Smash Rookie
NNID
ibZion
3DS FC
1864-9093-9012
Hey guys! I'm in the same (Wii U) boat. Living in North Park, don't know many folks in the area who are playing. Definitely add me, and I'm joining that facebook group right now.
Hey! Im also in North Park. I only have smash on 3ds but Id be down to play some sets sometime! My internet is terrible so it would be local play for me only sadly.

Nabbinz

Smash Rookie
me and 3 friends of mine are looking to smash it up in el cajon area so hit me up

Utena

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yurigod
im at UCSD. message me if you want to come thru and play sm4sh/brawl/melee. i have setups, byoc tho

Now I have a 64 setup too. Same story on finals except + spring break but... hmu

phantabit

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I started a home business down in Chula Vista/Southern San Diego. It's essentially mobile streaming and capturing high quality video. Starting out, I'm willing to stream and record for free (well maybe not a full fledged high occupancy tournament, just yet). Basically, I have all the hardware (computer, capture card (internal), headsets with mics, webcams, etc.) and it's portable. I can take my operations anywhere as long as it's within a reasonable distance in San Diego and I really only take up about 4x4 feet area once it's all setup.

So for those of you who don't have the hardware to stream and/or capture high quality video, I'm willing to offer my services for free, initially. Reason is, I don't have a presence in the scene yet and I need to build rapport. I'm also still killing two birds with one stone, promoting not just myself but whatever channel, event, tournament you yourself want to grow.

The stuff I can output so far is 720p60 or 1080p30 for streaming, 1080p60 for youtube, and my system can accept, HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component, composite, svideo, JP21 (japanese scart), and EuroScart up to 1080p60.

The only thing people need to provide is a 4x4 area to work in, a working internet connection, and a positive outlook. I can work with a person to workout overlays and what not ahead of time.

So if anyone is interested, especially any aspiring tournament/event/charity organizers or even individuals wishing to grow their channel or scene through let's plays, pc gaming, or even speedrunning; I'll be more than happy to work out something with them.

I don't really smash much anymore myself. I tried to get into sm4sh, but dropped it. I did play a lot (maybe too much) melee back during my college years. Either way, I'm open to streaming/recording anything video game related. So throwing this out there for you guys. Feel free to message me about anything.

Thanks for listening,
Brent

Last edited:

AZ!

Smash Rookie
In Santee would love to play although melee and project m are my favorites but I do have smash 4 wii and I love it too

TryHardFezz

Smash Rookie

Hey, im from UCSD too. Where at UCSD are you? What is your tag? Competitive play?

Utena

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yurigod
Hey, im from UCSD too. Where at UCSD are you? What is your tag? Competitive play?
I'm in the Marshall Lowers. I'm honestly down to play this week my only finals are on friday. I guess my tag is Utena lmao and yeah I think I'm pretty damn good at brawl. pretty good at sm4sh/melee, alright at 64.
send me a message with ya phone number ill text you

8~Bit

Smash Rookie
Just saw this thread, and there are some familiar faces posting (some posts are pretty old).

Be sure to check out the San Diego Smash group on Facebook for Smash 4 activity: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sdsmash4/

There is a weekly tournament at the Salt Mines, located off Miramar Road. This happens Thursday nights, opening at 7PM.

I'm the TO for a 21+ event series called "Get Smashed" located in City Heights.

Check out the facebook group, there are a lot of people who host smashfests all the time.

-Tyrana

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I am also in the San Diego area... not San Diego proper but close enough.

I am looking for new opponents/allies.

Are there any meets, in public places, that go on regularly?

Only playing smash 4 Wii U .

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
looking for casuals and tourney locations.. can i get a link to a FB page or something?
i'm in paradise hills/national city area

Utena

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yurigod
Very active, weekly tournies, a lot of other random events, pretty mixed skill level.

Top Bottom