• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Hmm, these triweeklies sound like a great idea.

Trevyn is a beast. Azeem, edreese, pat, and a few others come to mind when i think of the awesome san diego/deep socal players.

This will benefit players who need to step it up a notch. This will also help caotical adjust to the socal competition. He may need to step it up a bit before he plays me, don't you think?

Ravman

Smash Rookie
I'll definately be coming to this and bringing my "crew". Hopefully u guys will be impressed :laugh:

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Money Match!

My hexagonal down B fox and broken laser falco will money match anyone for -$1. Yup, you heard me. -$1. If you beat me, you'll have to pay me $1 for destroying my happiness and shattering my pride. No suicide allowed!

Hey, I suggest we do some Smash 2.0! If anyone wants to know what that is, they can come to me during the tourney. I kow CAO loves 2.0 smash.

Oh yea, in cased you haven't figured it out, I'm just playing about the money match.

Hey HUGz, are you going?

Zack353

Smash Ace
VIRUS_LAS said:
Aw man this is sick. You know me when you see me. Ill be the shortest one there :laugh: . Im a little rusty because for one month i started thinking the game was reallly gay but know im back into it. Ill prolly use my sheik for the tournie and for friendlies ill use my falco. Me and zack will be there and definetly entering the team battle[Me(fox) Zack (Sheik)]. Cant wait to be there man. Im prolly going to bring my cube if u need nay but my mom wont let me bring MY TV. Wait NVM IM prolly going to bring a TV because my dad just got 2 free tvs. WeWt! I hope I do good...Im going o be making my debut :)

This should be one sick tourney.

Hopefully we won't suck too bad at the tourney, considering we don't have a large wealth of practice against a variety of characters >_>....

kuro

Smash Rookie
Finally SD is getting a tourney scene. This is my first post, but I've been reading up for a while now, and practicing my WD and shffl and all that good stuff. Now I can see some pros at work and have something to look forward to besting.

If I'm there expect a TV, a Cube, and some friends to smash on. If I'm not there it's because of work, but I'll definitely be there for the March tourney.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Woh WTF Kuro, you live in Escondido!? Should have came out a little earlier man, we could have got alot of good smashing together. Well atleast you did come out, I'll probably talk to you at the tourney.

So, I'm bringing 2 TV's 2 Cubes and 4 people, I think. I also talked to some kids around my high school, We'll probably get 4 or 5 more people with 1 more cube and TV. Everyone who is bringing a TV, post. This way we can estimate how quickly the actual tournement will go.

BTW we'll probably organize this much like Ken/Mike's Westminster Bi-Weeklies, as Caotic already mentioned. This means don't play friendlies during the actual tournement. There will be time before/after the tournement for all you're friendly needs. This will help speed up the progression, taking TV's will just coagulate the rate of the tournement and keep us there later.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Justpha said:
Rodger Dodger, you gotta come. I promise you can beat me this weekend. If you don't come this week, my thumb will heal next week and I won't be able to promise that anymore ;) .
I'd love to go down to UCSD and smash it up (erm, you know what I mean :-), but I'm afraid just have way too much school work this week. Sorry guys. Maybe in March.

kuro

Smash Rookie
I just found out my work schedule, and it's not looking too good for me being there. I'm gonna try to work some magic and get the day off though... we'll see how that goes.

AzN_Lep said:
Woh WTF Kuro, you live in Escondido!? Should have came out a little earlier man, we could have got alot of good smashing together. Well atleast you did come out, I'll probably talk to you at the tourney.
I haven't posted much because I really don't have too much to ask, or enough experience to answer. I'm the guy in the back of the room who doesn't talk and gets some practice here and there. Hit me up on AIM if you ever want to smash sometime.

kakashi568

Smash Cadet
Wow!!, i didnt know about this , i want to go, i live in TJ, so i have 1 question, the trolley system leaves you near that?xDD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
WOW! MEXICO SMASHER!

Take the trolley from Tijuana to Old Town, then a Bus to La Jolla/UCSD/VA/UTC (I think it's route 30 or 34). It takes a fair while though, cus La Jolla isn't too close from the trolley.

eddykim1

Smash Cadet
i can probably only stay for singles... depends on how much work i get done tonight

Rickety

Peace and Love
im excited! i hope to see everyone there!

I'll be wearing a Yellow Submarine shirt, and losing every match. :]

----

The BOSS presents:
Bossy Biweekly IV - 11/3/07
"We Love Azn_Lep!"
Oceanside, San Diego, CA

11:00 - Warm Up, Sign Up
12:00 - Doubles Begins
Singles Begin after Doubles

See Below for Details.

Details:

Where- 5456 Gooseberry Way, Oceanside, CA 92057
When- Saturday the 3rd of November
Time- Doubles START at 12:00pm (arrive at 11am)

Events:

*Singles- 5$ 60%-30%-10%
*Doubles- 10$ per team 60%-30%-10%
*Crews (if we have enough time) 1$ per person, winner take all.

Rules:
-MLG Rules (8 min, 4 stock, items on...joking!, you know the rules).
-BYOC
-Neutral Stages CANNOT be banned
-Wobbling IS banned
-MUST ENTER BOTH EVENTS!!!

PLEASE BRING WHAT YOU CAN!!!
-Chairs, Tvs, Cubes, Vcr's, exc.

Directions from South (5 North):
-5 North
-76 East exit
-76 East for about 8 miles
-Left on Guajome Lake Road
-Down the hill, continue straight
-Right on Gooseberry Way
-5456 Gooseberry Way (left side).

Directions from South (15 North):
-15 North
-Merge 78 West toward Oceanside
-College Blv exit
-Right on College heading north
-Make a right on 76
-Left on Guajome Lake Road
-Down the hill, continue straight
-Right on Gooseberry Way
-5456 Gooseberry Way (left side).

All are welcome, just be respectful of my house (no stealing, don't be a$$holes, exc.) other than that it's kool.
We will be using Neals tournament organizer to make things pretty darn smooth.

There is In and Out, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Carls Jr., and more 5 minutes from my pad!

BRING TVS AND CUBES!!!
11/4 "Attendance List" (For those in the know) ;):

-Azn_Lep
-Bone
-Saint Patrick
-Rickety
-The BOSS
-Maple
-Jon619
-Pnoy
-SA3Tony
-Romeo619
-SA2Jeff
-Zack353
-Deth
-Zephyr
-Dayu
-Doodles
-ASP
-Vietgamer1021
-Yloh
-LHG

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SAN DIEGO TRIWEEKLY I - TEAM RESULTS:

1. Oops? Did I Win? (EdreesesPieces + Oops)
2. Team Boozer (AzN_LeP + CAOTIC)
3. Shake It Off (JustPha + Jeff)

Link_and_Sheik

Smash Cadet
CAOTIC said:
SAN DIEGO TRIWEEKLY I - TEAM RESULTS:

1. Oops? Did I Win? (EdreesesPieces + Oops)
2. Team Boozer (AzN_LeP + CAOTIC)
3. Shake It Up (JustPha + Jeff)
So when are you goin to post the results up for singles? Anyways this is SAT remeber me? I played in singles today I was with Zack and n00b.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SAN DIEGO TRIWEEKLY I - SINGLES RESULTS:

1 EdreesesPieces
2 CAOTIC
3 Squish
4 AzN_LeP
5 Eddikted
5 Team Charles
7 JustPha
7 Oops!
9 Alvin
9 Chas
9 C Dizzle
9 n00b
13 Ed
13 Mike
13 Tony
13 Sat
17 Adam
17 Zack353
17 Cody
17 Jeff
17 Avik
17 Ravman
17 SD Hugo
17 Meyoulou
25 Chris
25 Gary

Link_and_Sheik

Smash Cadet
CAOTIC said:

1 EdreesesPieces
2 CAOTIC
3 Squish
4 AzN_LeP
5 Eddikted
5 Team Charles
7 JustPha
7 Oops!
9 Alvin
9 Chas
9 C Dizzle
9 n00b
13 Ed
13 Mike
13 Tony
13 Link and Sheik
17 Adam
17 Zack353
17 Cody
17 Jeff
17 Avik
17 Ravman
17 SD Hugo
17 Meyoulou
25 Chris
25 Gary

I don't really get the list how come there are people with the same # and why is there a gap between 17-25?

Link_and_Sheik

Smash Cadet
CAOTIC said:

1 EdreesesPieces
2 CAOTIC
3 Squish
4 AzN_LeP
5 Eddikted
5 Team Charles
7 JustPha
7 Oops!
9 Alvin
9 Chas
9 C Dizzle
9 n00b
13 Ed
13 Mike
13 Tony
13 Link and Sheik
17 Adam
17 Zack353
17 Cody
17 Jeff
17 Avik
17 Ravman
17 SD Hugo
17 Meyoulou
25 Chris
25 Gary

btw can u not put Link_And_Shiek 4 me cause this is just n00b's account just put SAT 4 me thanks. :)

Link_and_Sheik

Smash Cadet
Zack353 said:
Hey everyone, it was pretty fun, SAT beat me to getting home -_-...

Caotic, I want a Falco vs your Fox match, I stink at Fox dittos. :laugh:

Gosh **** it, stupid squish chose Poke floats, that was pretty stupid...

Ack! I hated my schedule!

My first tourney ever and I get set up with hard people.. >_>..

Oh well, I hope to get more experience and better mind games from getting more practice from these, I don't have what you call a wealth of experience against different characters, I only play Fox/Sheik on a regular basis.

Ravman, you have a pretty good Ness, I'd like to Ness ditto you again :p

Well, gtg, AIM me at Zack3286 if you feel like it..
Ya I want to face Caotic's Fox next time cause I didn't get to face him anyways if anyone from the tourney played me (I was SAT) Aim me at : tpfox123

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
Link_and_Sheik said:
I don't really get the list how come there are people with the same # and why is there a gap between 17-25?
8 people get eliminated, so they all get the same place, since they all got eliminated in the same round. Since everyone got the same place, the people who got eliminated the next round were given 17th place.

Link_and_Sheik

Smash Cadet
[GMC]C2 said:
8 people get eliminated, so they all get the same place, since they all got eliminated in the same round. Since everyone got the same place, the people who got eliminated the next round were given 17th place.
did u go 2 the tourney?

Zack353

Smash Ace
NuB_BoMbER said:
Hey guys join Nsider and maybe post a little. It where I learned everything I know.

http://forums.nintendo.com/

But there are a lot of nubz. Still its a fun place
I don't reccomend it, too many noobs, and you don't get sigs or editing powers until after quite a few posts.

However, people post there more often.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Full Team Results:

1 Oops? Did I win?
2 Team Boozer
3 Shake if Off
4 Team Dave Edd
5 Team Charles
5 Team Alvin
7 Smash Hand
7 Team Own Edrees
9 Team Meh
9 Team Encinitas
9 Team Ash Ketchum
9 Team n00b

Crews!

CAOTIC's Crew beat Edrees' Crew. It took a combination of style, class, wit and determination to overcome cheapness in the form of Peach's a$$ and taunt fackouts. YAY! LOL! Edrees doesn't win everything XD

Aiight, that was my first time hosting something overseas, and it was great. I hope people enjoyed it and continue to support the triweeklies as time goes on!! This will be the start of great things.

Edrees - Boooo. I'm sorry I played crap against you. What can I say, I'm crap lol

Squish - You said you weren't sure if I was trying or ont, and its true I don't try hard and take things seriously even though something's at stake, but I'm dead serious when I say, "You're better than me" ^___^

AzN_Lep - N00b Smash is the best. Almost as good as 2.0 Smash. My stalking and true camp artist luigi ftl!

The Krogodile - Awwww, maybe we should make these things on Sunday. You're very <3'ed.

Pha - LOL LOL LOLOOOLLLLLOL

Eddikted - You're getting more solid in pressure situations now. A very good sign.

Zack/Sat/NuB_BoMbER- You guys all played to a high standard. The guys were talking about you and it's definently true when we say that you hold very high technical skill for your age. But the one thing that needs work in the Mindgames and that only comes with experience - it can't be fastracked or developed from videos. But for what you guys acheieved without competition is very good. I hope I see you guys next time. BIG TIME POTENTIAL!

Rickety and Tony - Nice to see you again! =D Your bro is also very good. ^^

Ravman - good to see you. Ness is very nice. His back air is like Peach's, so we could get along well.

Hugo - Not THE Hugo, San Diego's Hugo - you're VERY good for a newcomer to competition.

C Dizzle - Hot ****

Team Charles - Pretty good!

Oops - Pretty good!

Alvin - Pretty good!

... and so forth. :)

Next meet C Dizzle? hmmmmz, it'll probably be Thursday Night. Thursday night is Smash Night for us UCSD folks!

redsunsd1

Smash Rookie
totally enjoyed the tourney cao, NICE WORK there bud

so no tourneys for a while. when and where is the next smash night going to be?

eddykim1

Smash Cadet
i had a lot of fun at this event, i hope more people will come next time....

btw, i was the guy who used link

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Excellent guys! So much fun and well organized tournament CAO. And LOL @ the crew battles comments, i guess i was bested..hehe. I definately see alot of potential in many people to be very good smashers with some more experience and practice.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Great job everyone! I had a blast. :]

Cao, nice to see you again, it's a shame i dint get to play you this time, though. Oh well, seeing you beat Tony with Bowsie was worth it :]

Edrees, thanks for finding me and showing me where to find the place. we should play teams more often! Y. Link and Marth eh eh? Also, I cant believe I beat your Fox O_O how did that happen?? It was great to see you again. And I'll give you me and Tony's friend code soon!

Tony, little bro! How did you place higher in the singles tournament than me?? nice job. dont let that ego get in the way! you play a mean Cap'n Falcon and Ganon.

Cody, good job today. Your Sheik knows my Marth too well!

Adam, practice practice practice! Whip your Sheik and Fox into shape!

Ravman, nice work with Ness, my jiggly needs to keep practicing or else i wont be able get those last minute rest-victories anymore :-P

SAT/Link and Sheik, grrr! how come i could beat you and your friends in friendlies, but when the tournament came up, you edged me out with Fox?? I need to practice Marth more :] great to meet you.

Chas, your Fox is a tricky one! Had it not been for some lucky tippers i wouldve beed whooped. nice job! I gott practice more if I wanna keep up.

SD Hugo, We need more of your Pikachu VS my Jiggly! it'll be good stuff.

Oops, The Mario VS Pikachu, Our Tournament set (why did I have to face you first round?? well i came close but i gotta practice more!), our Team matches against eachother, it was all good. see you in 3 weeks.

Pha- good stuff! your falco rocks! those lasers are a killer!

TO anybody I played but might've missed good game!

---

memorable moments:

beating people.... until Edresse!! eep.

how did i beat your pikachu, oops? it was a close one.

Azn Lep, we gotta play more together sometime! sorry i kinda stink right now, i need to practice more. lets smash it up sometime!

the totally unexpected comeback against Chas and Rav on Brinstar!

the ultimate miracle of beating Edreese's Fox.

Controller fishing with Cao

Watching Edresse school Tony in Mario Kart.

Haha I just realized all the matches were won more by luck than skill :-P

but the best moment ever had to be:

"Do your taunt!"
*Zelda taunts*
*Tony's Falcon Knees her midway through*

awesome day.
hope to do it again soon!

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Good turnout, nice to see alot of San Diego smashers making the scene

Ravman: Sorry i didn't get a match in with you, next time :p Good luck with making Ness Top Tier

n00b: Haha, pretty close with the Jiggs, nice rests, but I wont be so careless next time >:(

Zack: Sure I'll take your Fox, we'll get in a few matches in the beginning of the next tourney.

Squish: Oh man I didn't know what happened on that last match. I was up 3-1 in stock and you still beat me somehow! o.O

Caotic: Team Boozer will win for sure next time, and we'll take Edrees outta singles. He will NOT win. ROFL the funniest part of that entire tourney was the n00b smash! *Luigi's hiding behind a pillar and a mega mushroom comes, grow* "Oh noooo!!!" too funny.

Eddy: Good shiz with that Link man, those were some fun matches, keep it up

Pha: Haha, you were the funniest guy there man. Too good in crews

Chas: Keep working on that fox, you've got potential.

Meyalou (SP?): Nice on finally meeting you man. You're going to need to pick a main. Yeah we definitely have to smash sometime. Heh, my motto is Luck beats Skill everytime. :)

Meylou's Bro?: Sorry didn't catch your name, funny shiz in crews though, sh*t talk to the end.

Richard: Opps

Edrees: Too good man, but watch it, Trevyn's coming to the next one, so enjoy first while it lasts.

To everyone else I forgot to mention thanks for coming, hope you all had fun and learned something new. Keep working at it and come back to the next one in a month! Who knows who'll be the next powerhouse

mightyw00ters

Smash Rookie
CAOTIC said:

5 Team Charles
Team Charles was me. I didn't realize it was an actual crew. I just thought it was a funny name.
And now I just look stupid.
Well played, fate. Well played.

Top Bottom