• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Brawl Tournamet ~TBD~

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Really wish I could use the Wiimote/Nunchuk instead of that horrible GC controller...

at any rate, I'm gonna show.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Really wish I could use the Wiimote/Nunchuk instead of that horrible GC controller...

at any rate, I'm gonna show.
Well the reason is cause we dont want any cross signals with other wii's can that happened at the last triweekly.... So im doing that to avoid it. And thanks Nick for the wii so we have a few wii's coming to this now! And they do have tv's there so don't worry about that....

GriM.

Smash Rookie
Sounds Awesome !

Kool... my friend and I will go there for sure.. sounds fun.

You guys still need copies of brawl (wiis)?

Are you guys planning to record the matches ? That would be awesome.

prinnykurtis

Smash Rookie
I convinced my friend to have his bday there. You guys gotta give him at least one free win. Naw, just joking. I'll see if we could bring wii's and tvs.

Windstorm

Smash Rookie
dunno if i can make it. i got testing :p. maybe you guys should allow the other control... the classic control or w/e. just a suggestion :)

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Kool... my friend and I will go there for sure.. sounds fun.

You guys still need copies of brawl (wiis)?

Are you guys planning to record the matches ? That would be awesome.
Yeah were always looking for people to bring wii's and copies of brawl. So if you can bring em and as far as tv's go, they have tv's there I dont know how many are reserved for us but I guesse if you guys want to bring some tv's just to be on the safe side you can if you want..... And as far as recording matches goes i dont think we are gonna do that unless someone knows how to record the matches and brings like a labtop or something???? But we pretty much leave that up to the players.

Jack Lavender

Smash Cadet
Which of those stages are neutral and which are counter pick?

And this best out three, double elimination, right?

and is it singles or double first?

I might come if i wake up in time. I work late Fridays, so I'm not sure.

I hope i can.

-Qzzy

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Which of those stages are neutral and which are counter pick?

And this best out three, double elimination, right?

and is it singles or double first?

I might come if i wake up in time. I work late Fridays, so I'm not sure.

I hope i can.

-Qzzy
Theres gonna be no counter picks the rules for stage selections are gonna be each player or team will choose a stage 1st and then the 2nd match the other player or team chooses the next stage, and if it goes to a third then the stage is randomized. And were doing doubles first then singles. And I believe were doing double elimination but Im also thinking pool style but I might just keep it double elimination.....

And thanks Bone for the extra copy of brawl too......

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
How is it determined which person selects the stage for the first match?

And dont do pools, double elimination.

Do you think there will be crews after doubles and singles?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
How is it determined which person selects the stage for the first match?

And dont do pools, double elimination.

Do you think there will be crews after doubles and singles?
For the stage selection its whoever wants to pick first because if its 2 out of 3 then at least each person will choose one either way so it doesn't really matter who picks first, and I dont know if we'll have time for crews but I'll keep that in mind though......

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
For the stage selection its whoever wants to pick first because if its 2 out of 3 then at least each person will choose one either way so it doesn't really matter who picks first, and I dont know if we'll have time for crews but I'll keep that in mind though......
It does matter.

Check it out.
Player 1 picks first stage.
Player 1 wins.
Player 2 picks second stage.
Player 2 wins.
Player 1 picks third and final stage, therefore player 1 has serious advantage at winning the set.

Random stage select is our friend :laugh:

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
It does matter.

Check it out.
Player 1 picks first stage.
Player 1 wins.
Player 2 picks second stage.
Player 2 wins.
Player 1 picks third and final stage, therefore player 1 has serious advantage at winning the set.

Random stage select is our friend :laugh:
No! If it goes to a third match then is when the stage is selected at random..... So it does work out, and ive seen it at the tri-weeklies not everyone follows the stage picking rules! So I can bet you guys that there will be some people that wont follow the rules as well!

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
sorry sir, but trust the people who have been to more tournies than u dream to go to,

make it regular tourney rules, i.e. FIRST stage is random and then 2nd goes to loser and then IF there's a third, then it goes to the loser of the 2nd match. not very hard to understand, and most of the players would recognize this style over any.

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
sorry sir, but trust the people who have been to more tournies than u dream to go to,

make it regular tourney rules, i.e. FIRST stage is random and then 2nd goes to loser and then IF there's a third, then it goes to the loser of the 2nd match. not very hard to understand, and most of the players would recognize this style over any.

:):):):):):):):):):):):)
Yeah listen to PNOY, what your thinking is whack dreamhack

Awex

Smash Lord
No! If it goes to a third match then is when the stage is selected at random..... So it does work out, and ive seen it at the tri-weeklies not everyone follows the stage picking rules! So I can bet you guys that there will be some people that wont follow the rules as well!
No.. It doesn't work out. After the first 2 games, the players have an idea of how the other person plays, which gives them a basis of which stage would be good to pick in addition to character matchup, ect.

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of how your picking stages, Corneria should NEVER be on the random select. Dedede gets an infinite chaingrab on a little less than half of the entire cast there, which is absurd, even more so if your doing it as the last stage.

Its like handing a DDD player a free match win if they're willing to camp and force their opponents to get near the wall, with no downside. (Which is lame, admittedly, but people will do it) The same can be said for castle siege and its second form, where DDD gets free kills from the walkoff edges. 'Neutral Matches' (random selected) should not be decided upon the mere factor that 'my character can be chainrgrabbed by DDD'.

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of how your picking stages, Corneria should NEVER be on the random select. Dedede gets an infinite chaingrab on a little less than half of the entire cast there, which is absurd, even more so if your doing it as the last stage.

Its like handing a DDD player a free match win if they're willing to camp and force their opponents to get near the wall, with no downside. (Which is lame, admittedly, but people will do it) The same can be said for castle siege and its second form, where DDD gets free kills from the walkoff edges. 'Neutral Matches' (random selected) should not be decided upon the mere factor that 'my character can be chainrgrabbed by DDD'.
yea i get what ur saying by the cheapness of DDD since he's SO GAY! (NICK!!!!) haha jk he's sick.

BUT ANYWAYS, there's only one neutral that DDD can chaingrab to offscreen, which is delfino. and anyways, u get to counterpick a level if u lose, so dont think the odds are always against u even if u are playing against a DDD.

just hope u dont have to play against that DDD NICKTENDO guy. he's SOOOOOOOO....COOL :chuckle:

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
What are you, Kidding? Me and niktendo had some awesome DDD dittos last saturday, rematches are awesome!

But really, i was talking about the 'allowable' stages for this particular tourney here. The list is kinda wierd, and so is the selecting mechanism, so thats why i posted.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Well Ill consider changing the rules if everyone is gonna start bustin my balls over it, and yes it is cash prizes and there be some prizes given out by some of gamers universe's sponsors so yeah it will be good Ill update the stages and all that later if I have time after this class......

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Ok everyone the 1st page has been updated and I have the Neutral, Counter Picks, and Banned Stages so hope you guys are happy with it..... Gimme your input I want to know what you guys think???

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Are you guys giving out Cash prize or Checks?

LOL. OH GOOD GREIF, ALEX.

AREN'T THERE OTHER TOURNAMENTS IN SOCAL
YOU CAN BULLY OTHER PEOPLE AT?

It's completely disheartening that you will possibly ruin my brawl tournament debut.
(By destroying me)

:mad::mad::mad:

-- OH, and i'm mad at you.. You have a big mouth, I hear. lol. You already know what i'm talking about.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
LOL. OH GOOD GREIF, ALEX.

AREN'T THERE OTHER TOURNAMENTS IN SOCAL
YOU CAN BULLY OTHER PEOPLE AT?

It's completely disheartening that you will possibly ruin my brawl tournament debut.
(By destroying me)

:mad::mad::mad:

-- OH, and i'm mad at you.. You have a big mouth, I hear. lol. You already know what i'm talking about.
Well we will see what happens then I just hope I do pretty good.....

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Idk if Ive even seen him at any of the tri-weeklies at UCSD??? But this is gonna be the 1st tourney that imma be competing against bone. So I want to see how im gonna do against you bone.....

Top Bottom