• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Except that everything you're mad about has been something you assumed rather than being something that is true. :applejack:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
yes, I know. it's an irrational anger, but it still annoys me when my opponent keeps switching characters when I'm trying to learn a match-up and get used to that and my character.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
why the hell are you linking that everywhere, Denti.
I respect Omni and agree on a few things about the community and such but it still doesn't change Diddy is stupid and needs nerfs.
This is just Omni being Omni. He also did this during the "Ban Metaknight" era as well. That said, I also share the sentiment that we just need to deal with Diddy, because I personally don't want to rely on a patch that may never come.

yes, I know. it's an irrational anger, but it still annoys me when my opponent keeps switching characters when I'm trying to learn a match-up and get used to that and my character.
Mindless switches characters a lot during friendlies. That has nothing to do with you or anyone else. If you want him to stay as a character for practice, I suggest asking him to do so. Right now you're being hostile for no reason.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Hey guys, my names Jbandrew. I'm in the San Antonio area and will be here for a couple of years. How can I integrate into this scene? I'm assuming the San Antonio area has a smash 4 Scene correct?

Also I used to be power ranked in NJ at one point in Brawl, and I play Smash 4, Melee and PM as well. Looking for all types of Smash gatherings, weeklies or events.

Please help me out, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yes. Otherwise, we have tournaments every month. Traveling to other tournaments is typical as well, mostly to Houston.
Smashfests are erratic. They are typically announced a day or two in advance in both this thread, and on the Facebook group. :applejack:

Last edited:

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Facebook group link? I don't come on smash boards often, I jst wanna integrate myself into the scene lol

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I unfortunately can't take a whole three days off of work, and my co-workers whom have weekends off are unable to help.

So I'll just be viewing Apex from my phone and not working.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Damn, brah, can't a brutha change it up a bit? Anyways, that'd be better for trying to pick up a specific person's habits. Get someone for thinking they being sly by doing a neutral get up all the time rather than get up attacking or rolling or players always ledge-drop double-jump aerial -ing.

Also managed to get my HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition set up. Only had time to do a quick play and replay til dinner and sleep for work. I can't review 720p on YouTube cause of my poor system specs so I'm wondering if me recording 720p+ on this laptop would be choppy for everyone else.

Cruel Smash new PB of 19

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** that would be so epic/hilarious. We could definitely do that every week lol.

Btw I already got the streaming stuff. Just need help setting it all up and seeing if I need attiditonal plug ins for the second headset.
I bought these in case anyone was wondering,

And I got the elgato hd60. I should be there this Thursdays and will definitely record and hopefully have a commentary set up. I will be missing the weekly next week for sure though :/

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Damn I would've gotten Elgato but it doesn't support Vista and below. I might bring my Logitech webcam but it's choppy on my laptop. Maybe it needs a stronger computer.
:phone:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Damn I would've gotten Elgato but it doesn't support Vista and below. I might bring my Logitech webcam but it's choppy on my laptop. Maybe it needs a stronger computer.
:phone:
You're right. More de-hype announcement!!! My computers processor is not strong enough for what I want to do!!! Yayyyy!!

Need an i7 processor and 2.6 ghz so I can do video and graphic overlay at 720 or 1080.

My hp all in one can play netflix and that's about it :143:

Anyone have any idea where I can get a super legit desktop or laptop with top notch processing and graphics card? Before Thursday :)

Edit: at the cheapest price possible lol. I'm assuming I need to shop at the wholesaler sites or build my own...

Last edited:

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
You're right. More de-hype announcement!!! My computers processor is not strong enough for what I want to do!!! Yayyyy!!

Need an i7 processor and 2.6 ghz so I can do video and graphic overlay at 720 or 1080.

My hp all in one can play netflix and that's about it :143:

Anyone have any idea where I can get a super legit desktop or laptop with top notch processing and graphics card? Before Thursday :)

Edit: at the cheapest price possible lol. I'm assuming I need to shop at the wholesaler sites or build my own...
Santi I could build you a very good PC for like 500

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
My PC is custom-built and can handle, well, everything.

I got my parts from the Newegg website. Can get pricey though.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
well, after a night's worth of **** at the hands of some douche from new york, I am now significantly better with Kirby. I still probably suck comparatively to the rest of you, but still, I'll take a small victory where I can.

That said, anything going on tonight or tomorrow, or are we all just waiting for the weekly?

Top Bottom