• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Monthlies: Winter is Coming I Results

Zhea

Smash Ace
Going to admit, with how long smash boards was down, didn't think I would get to post these, but here they are:

Melee Doubles:
1. TSC + Sybawave :falconmelee: + :foxmelee:
2. Glybby Globby + MT :falco: + :marth:
3. ARC + JF :foxmelee: + :jigglypuffmelee:
4. S.O.S + CLNR :foxmelee: + :marthmelee:
5. MERS + PHO :falcomelee: + :falcomelee:
5. Xilopryce + Zhea :falconmelee: + :falconmelee:
7. King + Frisbie :marthmelee: + :falconmelee:

Melee Singles:
1. ARC :marthmelee:
2. MT :marthmelee:
3. TSC :falconmelee:
4. PHO :falcomelee:
5. S.O.S :foxmelee:
5. JF :jigglypuffmelee:
7. Kyle :peachmelee:
7. Glibby Globby :falcomelee:
9. Wink :foxmelee:
9. Admiral :icsmelee:
9. Sybawave :foxmelee:
9. Excelsior :samusmelee:

Project M Singles:
1. S.O.S :fox:
2. LoKo :ivysaur:
3. Blondy :zelda:
4. PK-Thunder :fox:
5. Folly :lucas:
5. Benz :ike:

Diglob

Smash Cadet
I just wanna say thanks to everybody who helped make this tournament happen. Didn't get to play with too much of San Antonio, but I enjoyed playing those of you who I did play. Major props to Zhea for recording and getting the videos uploaded. Shoutouts to MT for being a ridiculous killing machine in doubles. Hope we get to work on our teamwork one of these days, though our second place result isn't so bad. Shoutouts to Ryan (Wink) for being a chill guy to spend the weekend with (he was part of my carpool) and for being a pretty quick learner. Shoutouts to Von too for making car rides more eventful. Thanks for putting up your car to drive and your ranch to stay at as usual, Hannah. I had a lot of fun at this tournament and I hope this tournament series continues. I'll probably be busy with school for a while, but hopefully I'll get to see San Antonio Melee again one of these days.

AND THOSE ARE MY SIMPLE SHOUTOUTS. Probably going to try and keep my shoutouts as simple as possible from now on, so don't feel bad if you get left off. I just don't wanna spend three hours on my shoutouts when I know most of the people in Texas Melee now. >.>

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
first and foremost, we should be grateful that zhea stepped it up and got a venue, brought material, and invested a bunch of his capital to make this happen. he's singlehandedly revived the san antonio melee scene, and is in the process of getting together a group of talented, driven individuals to keep the scene alive. i feel that they are getting better in strides, and if they had a bigger exposure and a little bit of more maturing time in the texas melee scene, they'll be trouble. so props to you, zhea. I'm grateful you came around and for this tournament. it sort of marks new pulse of life in the san antonio era. it's a great location, and it has plenty of talent to be found. I look forward to helping you in any way possible to make your tournaments better. *applause*

Melee Singles:
1. ARC :marthmelee: - good stuff beating mt. i didn't really watch the match, but i'm gonna guess it was domination!
2. MT :marthmelee: - duuuude idk how you lost to tsc, but you made it back! good luck at the next tournament. texas best right here.
3. TSC :falconmelee: - yoooooooo i always get so salty
4. PHO :falcomelee: - plan names ahead of time
5. S.O.S :foxmelee: - ultimate counterpick. i noticed you weren't playing well. mm next time if you want.
5. JF :jigglypuffmelee: - yoo i'm glad i didn't play you
7. Kyle :peachmelee: - just work on your pressure strings and you'll be grooving
7. Glibby Globby :falcomelee: - woah i wins this time
9. Wink :foxmelee:- good fox play! i hope to see/play you again next time
9. Admiral :icsmelee: - i got a lucky bracket. friend code pls.
9. Sybawave :foxmelee: - try harder to win. giving up is lame, especially if ya drive all the way
9. Excelsior :samusmelee: - i'm happy i don't play you in bracket. don't wanna get wrecked by samus

from my pools
Matt - it was great playing you. i'm surprised you came back to the scene, but i hope you have a great time. hope to see you again! your sheik fundamentals caught me off guard. i usually calibrate my play and risk/reward when i start noticing the level of techskill my opponent possesses, then i got killed a couple of times haha. ggs.

random
Chris - hey man, you get better every time i play you. your techskill is off the hook. don't beat me in the future
Mike - hey it's always nice playing you! your playstyle, i think it's unique, it tests my patience
Kevin - i'm telling you, bro, the way you play this game is special. like, you have these connections and processes that reach farther than you think. and what surprises me most is that it's mostly intuitive or instinctual. i can see what you go for now, but in the future i'll be getting read left and right.

bye wieners

Top Bottom