• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdens

Smash Ace
This is Mrs. Valdens. V says
"Err, I know this is getting a little old, but can anyone let me borrow or possibly sell me a controller for tonight and the weekend? I'll pay you to borrow it if you want but I just need a controller for this weekend. XD"

Also, hi.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I have an extra controller (610 is guessing it's not his and it might be Tofer's) Silver controller that I could lend him for the weekend unless they claim it.

And hi.

megaFoX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
megafox112
valdens are we making a 1 day trip? also i'm not going to the tourney today so where and what time should we meet you tomorrow?

Valdens

Smash Ace
Text me in the morning, about to go to sleep @ Megafox

If possible please try to get a ride to 10800 State Highway 151 Apartment 814 in the morning. Otherwise we can pick you up. We are going to be on the road with car full no later than 7.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
LAST MINUTE INFO/REMINDERS TO THOSE GOING TO HOBO 39

1. Please be at the venue between 11-11:30am for sign-ups and warm ups. I will start between 12-12:30 and i will not allow friendlies during that time unless we are ahead of scheduled. If i catch you doing friendlies i auto DQ you from all events you have entered. Dont like it? DEAL WITH IT!

2. I am running 4-5 events tomorrow. Regular 1vs1/2vs2, Mid+Low tier 2vs2 and P:M 1vs1 (if there is time ill do P:M 2vs2). If we are falling behind and may not make it out of the venue by midnight, i will cancel side events. If that little tid bit of info scares you, please read #3 (below).

3. Please bring a full set-up. Wii/ssbb/tv. If you absolutely cannot bring all 3 items, please at least bring a wii/ssbb. No matter how good of a TO i am (and trust me, im down right GODLY) i cannot make a 50 man event finish on time with 4 set-ups. Set-ups determine the speed of ANY event. If you bring more set-ups, we finish earlier and/or get ahead of schedule and ill allow friendlies.

4. Though not required, if anybody can bring $5 bills and $1 bills, you will be shot straight up to the front of the line when it comes to signing up/entering events. I will need change badly due to that one ASS HOLE who gives me a 100$ bill.

5. If you need a partner for any event, please talk to me. I can help you find others who are in the same boat.

6. If you get lost, are going to be late, leave for food during the event or simply wanna talk to me about how you still wet your bed at night, im just a short toll free call away at 409 692 0697.

HOBO 39 RESULTS THREAD IS UP

http://smashboards.com/threads/lsc2-event-1-hobo-39-results-coming-on-3-9-2013.334806/

http://smashboards.com/threads/lsc2-event-1-hobo-39-results-coming-on-3-9-2013.334806/

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I thought the voicemail I got from my family during Spawn Point said "we're going to be busy tomorrow" when it was actually "we're going to Houston tomorrow." (For a cousin's baby shower and and aunt's birthday). Would've been nice to used this opportunity to sneak on over to HOBO but we're not arriving til afternoon and the party is at the evening.

Really thought Nike was going to make Spawn Point, although the main coordinator for the Smash Tourney there caught an illness and had to leave just before the tourney started, but it was still all good.

Valdens

Smash Ace
Fun stuff San Antonio. I enjoy smashing with you guys. More carpools in the future for sure.

Very fun games in mid tier doubles, Espy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The Spawn Point results were something like:

1. Espy
2. K Prime
3. Valdens
4. Slush
5. Tofer
5. Beros
6. Trising
7. Marc
8-11. Andrew, Diego, Graham, and someone else. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If Megafox hadn't beaten Denti I would have never bothered trying against him when I played him in Loser's.
The set put on a damn good show at the very least. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Megafox's sister mentioned that they were advertising it and that it'd be soon, but I haven't really heard any details about it. Was there gonna be a tournament there? Anyone have any idea who will be running the game room? :applejack:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If Megafox hadn't beaten Denti I would have never bothered trying against him when I played him in Loser's.
The set put on a damn good show at the very least. :applejack:
That set is actually causing some major drama on FB.

When i started to chant "ESPY, ESPY, ESPY, ESPY" during your match with denti, EVERYBODY in the room began cheering you on. After he won, he felt like most if not all houston players were against him during that set. Yesterday on FB he made a post saying he either quit or is considering quitting because of what happened at HOBO.

so the moral of the story is simple: F YOU, ESPY!

Tesh

Smash Hero
If he wants the crowd on his side, he needs to pick up a character worse than Espy's. I'll gladly get hyped for Denti wrecking Espy with Falcon or Lucas or w/e. People are always going to cheer for the underdog and regional bias rarely will change that (and in this case doesn't help Denti because everyone got hyped for San Antonio beating Dallas).

M2K has to get his ass handed to him by Japan for 3 years before before people would even cheer for him in the ditto (where his "slipping" success has now made him the underdog).

As far as matchup hype goes, I'd probably cheer for an olimar if he was fighting an ice climber.

On a personal note, I've love to upset a crowd that big. Everyone in the venue stopped playing and stood on chairs to watch what little parts of the screen they could see. I'd just get up, turn around and wag my finger at the crowd just to say "nope".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom