• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Actually, found a store that's willing to buy them. Found them on the net and (you guys will like this) there actually hosting a brawl tourney this weekend.
I went over there just now and talked with them alot. Anyway, there buying my tv's and I think it'll be a good home for them.

I'll post a bunch of info about the place tonight when I get back.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
HOBO 39 is this weekend, though I guess people who don't go can attend that tournament. Free money for whoever goes in our scene whether it be Prime Espy or you Nike.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
"A store." Is it that big of a secret that it's name must be withheld from hosting a Brawl Tourney?

I mean at least a name for personal curiosity of looking them up.

Nike.

Smash Hero
My bad, was in a hurry and didn't have the name off the top of my head, but I'm back.

Store Website: http://www.spgamerslounge.com/pricing.htm
Reddit Link to Tourney: http://www.reddit.com/r/sanantonio/comments/19mq5m/super_smash_bros_brawl_tournament_this_friday_at/

This place is right next door to Westlakes Alamo Drafthouse.

I gave them a copy of the Apex Ruleset and they seemed excited to get it, so I imagine they'll use it's ruleset.
They wanted to do some random "everyone play smash64 til top4 than brawl for the top placements thing, with items" (the usual Ppl-Doing-Random-Stuff-Thing) but I talked them out of it. They can't have cash prizes due to their bank loan agreement, though they did say that they will be perusing another loan that will give them permission to. I had a white controller with me to show them and gave that as a random recommendation for a prize.

They had a few crt's, but most were led's. They were happy to get 3 new crt's. When they mentioned the lack of setups (wii/disc), I let them know that our community is good at bringing their own to help the tourney and that it's a non-issue. When asked about dates and future tourney's, I recommended that a month's notice and saturdays was the norm and it seemed like they were good with that for the future. But yea, the place has only been open for a week so there still organizing the store and whatnot.

Despite my recommendations receiving positive feedback for the furture (venue fees/prizes/ruleset/organisation/etc), this friday's tourney will most likely be a learning experience for the owners. I will be there friday (recruit, share recommendations for tourney-running, etc).

Personal Opinion: If they somehow get another bank/loan approval that allows cash prizes, this place will be BY FAR our best route for legit monthlys.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Huh? You are having a free tournament instead of HOBO? I thought all the hosts attend all the tournaments.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Hot damn, on the edge on 410 and in the vicinity of equal distance from the Sea World side -- at least ideal for me.
But for bank loans and seemingly fresh owners, I wonder if we can keep them alive.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I'm going to be as skeptical with them as with all the randoms in the xat.

They better not be modest about it and not one of those dumb zealots. The use of reddit alone already makes me cautious.

There is no ban button IRL, but I have a **** load of spite.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I should be able to snag one.
Why you getting rid of them btw? :applejack:

Stupid thread updated everything after I posted.
That tournament sounds pretty awesome. It's amazingly close too. Tofer's a liar btw, it's a 8 minute drive from him.

Unless it took the spot I think it took, it's right next to Alien Worlds too.

I'll definitely check this out instead of HOBO. If it can revive our scene then I'm all for it.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I just got a job, so it's short lived.

As for this friday, like the link says, it's $10 RSVP (meaning if you go in sometime before friday and pay) or $15 at the door.
I have no idea what the prize is to be honest (not cash), if I had to guess it's some sort of store credit.
I'm going because of the "potential" aspect, but it will be one of those type of tournies ($10-15 entry, not much return). Just giving ya'll a heads up.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
A last minute thing that benefits our town scene possibly while also having fun with the rest of SA, or go to a tournament where I have some relative fun with mostly Leaf. and Trela but spend a bunch of money in the process while my ride hasn't confirmed things I've asked yet.

I dunno, leaning towards SA thing.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Though bit of a hassle to drive on down just to RSVP in person, unless I'm missing an online RSVP thing.
Well for a first time $15, give these guys a good turn out, and then see about the future.

Tesh

Smash Hero
A last minute thing that benefits our town scene possibly while also having fun with the rest of SA, or go to a tournament where I have some relative fun with mostly Leaf. and Trela but spend a bunch of money in the process while my ride hasn't confirmed things I've asked yet.

I dunno, leaning towards SA thing.
Iono, 15$ venue fee for a free tournament that you still aren't going to win anything at. You could just come to Houston and hang at the tournament for pretty much the same cost. Couldn't you just have them run it on a different weekend? I don't see how travelling between cities is even that expensive.

Still good luck and all, its a shame it takes attendance away from the circuit.

Too many people dropping out in the last week. The circuit will probably get cancelled and ya'll will need the local monthlies anyway so thats good.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its really annoying how when you quote posts, they take on your font color now. Its so dumb. Didn't they used to revert back to white?

The Moirai Way

Smash Cadet

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Half of our Smashfests aren't even Smashfests.
It really isn't that hard. You just lazy. :applejack:

Valdens

Smash Ace
AGAIN, I am willing to do whatever. Megafox and his sister are confirmed for sure... if you are confirming you can go (Vintage and Slush), Dojo hasn't confirmed yet. You can have the spots and fill the carpool and go if you want. I am flexible. I just want a full car.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
AGAIN, I am willing to do whatever. Megafox and his sister are confirmed for sure... if you are confirming you can go (Vintage and Slush), Dojo hasn't confirmed yet. You can have the spots and fill the carpool and go if you want. I am flexible. I just want a full car.
Slush asked questions. You should go answer those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom