• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'll be blunt.

1. Espy
2. K Prime
3. Megafox
4. Nike

We all know it's going to look like that on the next PR. Until consistent upsets happen, it's pretty much going to look like that at this point.

I see Paw's point.

• Morningstar (we know how good he is, but he's choked at his last 2 tournies sadly).
  • Paw
  • Slush
  • Big Boss
  • KoN
  • PyleDriver
  • Suspect
  • Castro
  • Turbo
  • JUJ
  • JRUGS

Everybody there has the capabilities to beat each other and all of those players know where they stand at this point against the others.

Finding an exact order (making the bottom half of the PR) is veryyyy time consuming and kinda stressful. But we have to do it for seeding at future tournies.

If you seed the top4 in tio (Espy,Prime,Megafox,Nike) and then randomize everyone else, everybody on that list is getting screwed. They tried to earn their way towards a higher seed in a bracket but that becomes noid since it's randomized.

So about Paw's suggestion on making a top5 PR instead of top10. From a competitive player's standpoint, I agree. I myself would have the same goals if I was in your shoes (Shoot for top4, not care about the rest). But then comes the seeding issue for everyone not top5. How would you seed everybody else in San Antonio? That reason alone (like Maaaaaan said) is why top10 should stay.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Actually, I was the first one to mention the necessity of the Top 10 for seeding, not Nike.
Get your reading glasses, Max10n.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I agree with the Top 10 PR rather then just the top 5.
But what I also notice with a couple of PR's, There's an honorable Mention for one or two people.
May seem like tedious work, but even having an 11th/12th best in SA could handle seeding a Bit more seeing has how (Say JRUGS) gets paired with someone like Riza. Basically a free win for JRUGS right there.

Of course this is just my input of maybe having two more spots to make the seeding a bit more easier for players that're still at a lower level of play.

@ Maaan - GoW2?

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, I wake up to a heated discussion. XD

The PR is extrememly useful for seeding and as a use for motivation. It shouldn't be used as a player's sole use of motivation though.

To be honest, I used to not care about the PR a few months back, but now that I'm playing better, I do. I used to agree with Paw that the top 4/5 were locked in, but lately they haven't been so immortal. Don't get me wrong, they are all great players, but I've been able to take Nike to Game 3 lately, and even KoN! took Megafox to Game 3 as well. Slush has taken Nike to Game 3 before, and Pyle has beaten Morningstar several times. I think 6-10 should all keep trying to get that 6th spot, in general.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Once espy, told me we have a top 10 list. I became very motivated and joined the scene (again) lol.

Remember I used to be a brawl hating melee player.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I never said you didn't Andrew. I just mentioned Nike because his post was shorter and more to that point. Scrub. You free to grab foodstuffs later?

Slush, I can't, I'm not home. :(

And Big Boss, this isn't a heated discussion. XD
Started as an argument about how deep the PR should go, and the seeding argument is infallible. That's really all there is too it. lmao

Melee sucks.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I only rage on CoD when my team loses a close game then after the game ends I notice one of my teammates is 3-15 or 7-22 thats bull****!!! IM RAGE NOW JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!!!

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Guys, Rebecca Black bailed on my carpool to HoM. Turns out her friend was having a seizure during the music video and she had another this week:

Y U NO WANT RIDE WIT ME, SA? I GOT 1 CARPOOL SPOT OPEN. :mad:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
lmao, sounds like my brother.
I only rage on CoD when my team loses a close game them after the game ends I notice one of my teammates is 3-15 or 7-22 that bull****!!! IM RAGE NOW JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!!!
The "**** You ******s" "Of course you Knifed me NOOB!" is already Piercing through my door as i'm typing this down.
Basically everytime he dies I have to hear the Rage. Nothing I can do to stop it cause if I try and interfere, I either get something thrown at me or a simple "Get The **** out of here"
Such a great ****-nut Saturated environment I have to deal with.

EDIT - Only problem I have with GoW2, Bullets going through people (Shotgun mostly) and doing only 30 or less HP.
I determine points I get once they die by the hands of someone else as HP. So 175 - 30 is what I did to him/her.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm interested in going, but A second Carpool is needed.
I don't feel like joining the St. Mary's tournament, but i'll atleast contribute by bringing a full set-up and have training for the Austin tournament if I go.

PyleDriver1690

Smash Cadet
"So im in a little bit of trouble, I had a jod interview and told my boss tht i need the money to take care of my son.
Good news: i got the job
Bad news:now they wanna meet my son
Worse news:I DONT HAVE ANY KIDS!!
so anyone can i borrow your kids? lol"

Funniest post i have ever seen on facebook lmao!

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
The "**** You ******s" "Of course you Knifed me NOOB!" is already Piercing through my door as i'm typing this down.
Basically everytime he dies I have to hear the Rage. Nothing I can do to stop it cause if I try and interfere, I either get something thrown at me or a simple "Get The **** out of here"
Such a great ****-nut Saturated environment I have to deal with.

EDIT - Only problem I have with GoW2, Bullets going through people (Shotgun mostly) and doing only 30 or less HP.
I determine points I get once they die by the hands of someone else as HP. So 175 - 30 is what I did to him/her.

Tell your brother to add me smithclone88, ill make him rage. Black ops right?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm free anytime now, Max10n.

Also, I probably won't be able to make the San Marcos tournament.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Somewhere, Polt rejoices.

I won't be free until after 6 Espy. Whatcha' wanna' do, McD's or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom