• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus unleashed: Phanna Mint III

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Stream: YouTube, Google video
Download: Filefront - (much better quality)

I hope you find the clips to be of better quality, and I've made sure the final product was shorter than my previous videos, and featured a wider variety of opponents. My editing skills still leave something to be desired, and not everyone has the same musical tastes, but I think it gets the job done. Ultimately, I just hope you find the video entertaining / stimulating. Feedback is appreciated, and so is your time in watching.

Related: Phun, Mint I, Mint II

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
yea, how did you practice swd to get so good at it? u got sum pretty sweet tech skill

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
That skill is friggin RIDICULOUS bro! I have trouble brining out one SWD let alone 4 in a row! I take my hat off to u dude, i am VERY impressed!

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
That's one hell of a video you made bro. I like the mix of opponents you have in this one a lot. Keep up the good work.

edit: 2:30 example of phanna's 2 stock rule.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
dave, your samus is CRAZY! How the **** do you swd so much? i can barely do one haha, but i guess if you play as samus for as long as you have, you'd get it down. i can't get the timing down.

good stuff man. is there gonna be about 25 phanna mints? haha. keep them coming.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
the first clip with marth, i see ur making good use of the windmill of fury XDD

but seriusly nice vid, the swd coupled with the bombing dair is very effecting

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Oh my goodness.. Amazing video. How long did it take to master SWDing? Very very nice video. I like the meteors too :]

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
lol bloody falcon im sure u mean no harm but im sure phanna knows that hugs is the best samus in the U.S. No problem in aspiring to be as good if not better than him tho :)

Bloody_Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I didnt mean any harm im just saying Phanna can be better then Hugs if he plays really smart like Hugs. Phanna is really technical with Samus and he can catch many pros off gaurd and im pretty sure he mgiht be able to get like 8th place in Mlg.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'm curious about your technical with other characters. I'm a connesuir of flashy technical feats, So I added you to my aim and I'll talk to you later.

Oh, and your vid is sick, needless to say. I like how they come out like monthy. LoL, too good.

EDIT: Technical gets you nowhere compared to mindgames. It's pretty unintelligent to judge skill based off of a combo/highlight video. Phanna may or may not lack the tourney experience and mindgames required to do well in a tourney, especially a large one like MLG. Technical shatters when you arn't extremely used to alot of pressure. His flashy/effective SWDs that require nearly frame perfect input would probably be severely harder to control when under that kind of pressure. However, I do admit that he is the most technical Samus I've ever seen, and is probably very good using only tech. I know my Mario would be overwhelmed by a Samus that technical, and I'd have to counterpick Fox. D=

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Hey guys, I actually have a pretty nasty cold right now so I'll respond to everyone later on, but for now:

Stream: Google video

And as for HugS, he's obviously tons better than me, and I've even been to an MLG with him, where he ***** me in friendlies. He takes enough crap over Wes, give the man his props.

I'm glad people are enjoying the video, and thank you for your feedback.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
This video was absolutely crazy! <3 SWD. I was really impressed by all the clips with consecutive ones :dizzy: , I can't even do one without trying like 90 times '-_- Cool samus, I hope you make another vid like this. Also the windmill of fury in the opening made this video a few hundred times better hands down.

Good job

The Bino

Smash Lord
WOW... im a very good and technical Samus but you blow my tech skills outta the water.... very nice Phanna.... i mean i incorporated SWD into my gameplay, but you just take it to another level every which way possible... i love the SWD combos you have, and i know that you have been gettin complaints bout ur music choices... but kid, i really like the way the main track went wit ur playstyle...

Much love on that Samus, i look forward to some friendlies wit u in the future if possible

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
dude thats so crazy how you super wavedash so much, it makes me look so n00b

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
SWD is awesome... but some of your opponents really seem to be, y'know, STUPID or BLIND when it comes to dealing with them. "Ah ha! I see he is Down-B ing again... let us STAND IN FRONT OF HIM!!"

'Specially at the beginning. Latorz on, tho, they seem to get better.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Wow, that's an amazing technical samus. I've seen your vids against duckles, and they were good, but now you have them against other people as well. Does duckled main y. link now? Makes me want to play samus well.

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow.

This is probably my favorite video I've ever seen. Period. Just incredible. Great great great Samus.

Wow.

ludachris90

Smash Journeyman
i rly dont care much for SWD, but how u do it continuasly is pretty tight. Nice job.

Top Bottom