• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Tactics

SamusChief

Smash Rookie
Samus has always been my main, though in Brawl I use Snake an equal amount. I want to know how to use Samus to the fullest. I know Samus is a low tier character, but I've always used her, so I need strategies to build on Samus. My focus when using Samus is ranged attacks paired with aerial combos. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
SamusChief

link2702

Smash Champion
Zair is your friend

so are her missles

short hop alot of her missles, less ending lag when you land.

those are just two things i know about her, i dont' main her but thats what i know.

her zair is a pretty annoying move for opponents in the game, insane range, no ending lag upon landing.

samus's problem is that she doesn't have any killing power.

don't expect to kill anyone unless they are at least at 250%

and even then its hard, as all of her "kill moves" are fairly slow.

again this is what i know about the character in brawl.

go to the samus boards here to get a better idea, they can gie you a hell of alot better advice there.

g2g4gold

Smash Cadet
250%? Seriously, dude? SamusChief, check the Best Vids thread in this section of the forum, if there's any Samus videos there.

He is right on it being genuinely hard to land a kill move, but you have a few options in your d-tilt, d-air (when convenient, don't get too flashy with it), and I guess a charged neutral-B, maybe d-smash and f-smash but go to the character boards.

There's a board on here that's pure Samus.
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152
Check it out.

link2702

Smash Champion
hey man, whenever i use samus i don't even attempt to kill until at least 200% she's just got no reliable killling moves.

the few she has are hard to hit with, charge shot is too risky to get charged up, dtilt is fairly hard to land(only time i can get it is if i jump from the ledge with a Fair to Dtilt)

hell i find it easier to land killing moves as sonic then i do as samus.

SamusChief

Smash Rookie
Thanks g2g4gold. I'll take a look at that stuff later.

I, personally, land KO's at a little over 100%. My aerial combo is knocking the enemy over the stage line just a bit and using the dair move. Its quick, at least for the ease of use and power.

Thanks again, I'll take a look at those boards and find some vids on youtube later.

g2g4gold

Smash Cadet
You can search videos of NO-ID (or NOID? lol don't know what the tag'd be on Youtube) and Xyro, there's definitely quite a few! Hope that helps!

zmx

Smash Lord
hey man, whenever i use samus i don't even attempt to kill until at least 200% she's just got no reliable killling moves.

the few she has are hard to hit with, charge shot is too risky to get charged up, dtilt is fairly hard to land(only time i can get it is if i jump from the ledge with a Fair to Dtilt)

hell i find it easier to land killing moves as sonic then i do as samus.

Lol @ 250%

You must be joking. Even the full charged shot can reliably kill provided it's fresh at around 150%. Even before that at times. It's not risky to charge at all if you charge it slowly, bit by bit, whenever you have some time (such as when your foe has been knocked far away).

Her Side smash can kill as well. It has crappy range but still.

So with Samus well before 200% you can kill with

1. Charged shot.
2. Dtilt
3. Down smash
4. Side smash
5. Ledge Gimp (such as a fast edge hog with zair)
6. Spike (Dair)
7. Bair

Probably more I'm forgetting.
She does seriously lack kill power but it's not nearly as bad as you are making it out to be.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget U tilt and probably Nair. Hell, even dair on a grounded opponent will kill before 250. F tilt also kills at like 180%...

link2702

Smash Champion
except ya'll are forgetting how hard it is to land a hit in with her forward smash.

i don't even attempt to use it.

but hey, remember i don't main her.

either way the point i was making to the topic creator is simple; she has no killing power at all, and the moves she has aren't as reliable as other characters killing moves.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
If you land with a Uair you can usually follow up with up angled F smash for the kill. I've also found that SH homing missile cancel > walking D tilt works quite a bit.

Her kill power is bad, but realistically nobody is going to be living to even 180% except maybe Snake, let alone 250%.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
except ya'll are forgetting how hard it is to land a hit in with her forward smash.

i don't even attempt to use it.

but hey, remember i don't main her.

either way the point i was making to the topic creator is simple; she has no killing power at all, and the moves she has aren't as reliable as other characters killing moves.
If you don't main her, then why are you giving advice for that character when you know you're wrong? Let the people who know come in and lend a hand instead of passing around false information.

Either way... SamusChief, this should be your haven for all things Samus.

Top Bottom