• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Slayer or Ike Eater? Xyro vs San: re-match! 18 of 18 matches are up!!!!!!!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
You're still forgetting the TOP players bit. None of those players you mentioned except San have had THAT kind of success (except my boi Yosh beating you lol). Get the point plz. =/

Also before you say anything vex and reflex definitely use other characters to get by.
Geezus, u are a dummy. Watch the videos im uploading. You will learn that all he does better than me is PS and capitalize on my mistakes..........PS and reading better is something ANY person/character can do. Its not like Ike has **** that shuts down/hinders/negates samus. This case(me vs san) is really simple. HE is a better player.

The other example i gave is him destroying TL(6-0) and Falco(8-0) and Diddy(2-1), all of those chars were played by top 4 players in their respective fields. So now you gonna tell me that falco vs ike or tl vs ike or diddy vs ike is even or in ikes favor? Of course not, its just that San is SO MUCH better than IKE is.................................................he is the "exception to the rule" aka m2k of ike.

PS: as for vids, ill update the front page as they become uploaded.

Sharky

Smash Master
Geezus, u are a dummy. Watch the videos im uploading. You will learn that all he does better than me is PS and capitalize on my mistakes..........PS and reading better is something ANY person/character can do. Its not like Ike has **** that shuts down/hinders/negates samus.
I dunno about you, but what I'm seeing from these videos (so far) is that Ike's close range game is certainly a hindrance to you just as much as your long range game is a hindrance to Ike. If you could constantly keep him away from you then maybe it'd be different, but he definitely ***** you when he gets in you face.

10jabs

Xyro77

I dunno about you, but what I'm seeing from these videos (so far) is that Ike's close range game is certainly a hindrance to you just as much as your long range game is a hindrance to Ike. If you could constantly keep him away from you then maybe it'd be different, but he definitely ***** you when he gets in you face.

10jabs
I could have UP+B his jabs(but i didnt for fear of him jab CANCELLING and u-smashing after i miss the UP+B) and HE could have sat there and PS my slow as projectiles all day long(but he didnt cause hes not 100% accurate in judging the speed of them yet).

A hinderance/shut down is this:

DDD vs DK. No matter what happens in this MU, DDD is gonna CG the **** out of DK. There is a CLEAR and OBVIOUS move or tech or strat or w/e that crushes DK in this match-up and its holding him back big time.

In the samus vs ike MU, its clear than Samus has ike on lock when it comes to recovery. Thats a CLEAR and OBVIOUS move/tech/strat that hinders ike(yes every char could "gimp" ike but its far more viable with samus). This hinderance can be said for EVERY IKE i have EVER PLAYED(doom/mr doom/san/bored/inui/m2k/slaps/bretster/lee). Im not saying Samus vs ike is 90-10 samus favor but i feel that if both players are at even or close to even skill......samus wins 60-40(yes, i moved off of 65-35).

HOWEVER, in the case of PLAYERS, San vs Xyro is 65-35 or maybe 70-30 in his favor. Combine that with him beating other MUs that are terribly hard for ike makes him the "exception to the rule" in my mind.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I learned from playing Xyro that I'm really slow pressing R based on reaction.

I also have no clue about the samus MU so I was running into lots of stuff, rofl.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
took you long enough to post :/

/sarcasm

<3 your playstyle san, i'm definitely gonna try to play similar to most (if not all) of it.

Sharky

Smash Master
I could have UP+B his jabs(but i didnt for fear of him jab CANCELLING and u-smashing after i miss the UP+B) and HE could have sat there and PS my slow as projectiles all day long(but he didnt cause hes not 100% accurate in judging the speed of them yet).

A hinderance/shut down is this:

DDD vs DK. No matter what happens in this MU, DDD is gonna CG the **** out of DK. There is a CLEAR and OBVIOUS move or tech or strat or w/e that crushes DK in this match-up and its holding him back big time.
So you have one option against his jabs, and it isn't safe in the slightest. Gotcha.

There's a difference between a hindrance and a shut-down, IMO. The infinite is a shut-down, Samus hellagimping ike offstage is a hindrance, Ike giving samus only one terribly unsafe option in close range is a hindrance.
How... the hell.... Can you POSSIBLY say that?
If no good players mained MK, for example, then how would his metagame progress? It wouldn't, plain and simple. Something wrong?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i kinda am inclined to agree mainly cause every single time i watch san, i learn something new about Ike

EDIT:

at the no good players playing a character would have that character's metagame not progress

Xyro77

agree on what?

edit: gotta go to work. ill finish the vids when i get back home tonight

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I like how Samus and Ike both have spike shenanigans on each other though =p

I don't really care about arguing or e-drama so.. lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
what is this, gamefaqs?
It's the SWF Ike boards; useless one-liners get infracted.

And where are the vids? I cant find them.
Xyro's putting them up in the OP here, but I think we'll add them to our GD thread OP as well in case this thread has to be closed or is lost down the road.

:034:

Xyro77

wow so i get back from work and the last 3 vids failed to upload. im re-doing them now. i apologize

edit: all vids are up. i hope you enjoy/learn from them. GOOD GAMES, SAN!

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I watched all the ones where San lost (which is saying a LOT because the internet here blows) to see what he did wrong that led to his demise. Educational videos, to be sure.

But wow, Xyro. When you're on a roll it's as if I'm watching some highlight combo video. It takes me a moment to realize that I'm watching an unedited match.

Suspect

Smash Hero
It's the SWF Ike boards; useless one-liners get infracted.
This whole thread is actually useless, the vids can be posted in the ike/samus video thread and/or the brawl video thread. 1

They have already played. 2

Since when are threads ok that are about 2 people (good or not) playing each other? 3

Xyro77

I watched all the ones where San lost (which is saying a LOT because the internet here blows) to see what he did wrong that led to his demise. Educational videos, to be sure.

But wow, Xyro. When you're on a roll it's as if I'm watching some highlight combo video. It takes me a moment to realize that I'm watching an unedited match.
That means alot to me, Thank You!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i believe that the reason san had probs on ps2 was prolly due to him not playing on it-- i see this with alot of people. So i make an effort to play on all stages that are legal all over the place for this reason.

also san u rly need to block those platform-go-thru zairs xyro does. You keep getting hit by those broski

and quit trying to dair his samus after n aether :mad: you've died alot just messn around there

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
About infractions. Craysyn, I do think you are handing out too many points.

About Xyro. Yes. This is why he's a top top Samus player. I may still have a video of me 2-stocking him
in friendly
though! (Unless it wasn't backed up when my SD card died.)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
About infractions. Craysyn, I do think you are handing out too many points.
I'm going to assume that you do know there's a difference between points and warnings, and I'm also going to assume that you can't tell if another user's post has been infracted without being told so. That said, what makes you say this? I've given out a grand total of 6 warnings (which do not count towards points), 2 infractions, and 2 permabans on spam bots.

I won't disclose who received the warnings or the other infraction (for obvious reasons), but clearly Suspect doesn't mind announcing that he received one of the only two actual infractions. I've already said that I won't be tolerating pointless one-liners in this thread, and the global rules clearly state the definitions of spam.

If anyone has an issue with any warnings or infractions I give out from now on, take it up with me via VMs/PMs or in Forum Support.

@Bored, yah you'd be sent an automated PM.

Edit: Now please let this get back on topic or I'll have to close it. >_>

:034:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't. It's nice to see a mod actually use infractions for once. I can think of a number of topics on other boards that could use a good sprinkling of infractions...

EDIT: That's what I get for watching TV while I post: I'm late by 12 minutes. I'm going to dig through the videos later, see where San messed up. I thought he would of had PS2 down I took him there for a reason in the bi-weeklies.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I honestly don't remember any of the matches, but I don't have any problems on any of the stages.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Do warnings also come with automated PMs or are you using the term warning to just mean when you, well, warn someone not to do something?

If you would be so kind as to satisfy my curiosity though, do you actually receive complaints via the report button (against actual people, not spam bots)? I always assumed that most people don't actually use those.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
how long is the range of samus's zair when she grabs the ledge? it seems ridiculous at some points. also, is it long enough to horizontally outrange ike's reverse aether? i've seen san hit xyro with it but don't know if it's his zair's tip range.

Top Bottom