• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus needs a partner! So who?

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the logic here is so terrible.

Marth sucks in teams, he doesn't have very much KO power unless he gets a tipper, and he's very prone to getting ***** when pressured in 4 player environments due to his lack of good clearout moves.

Falco is also a burden in teams, since he really can't kill very well, and his base attributes are very mediocre without constant laser camping to back them up, and the chaingrab is infinitely less useful in teams. He doesn't have very impressive mobility to stay safe for the most part. Fox is better than Falco on teams.

G&W overall is much more useful than the other two mentioned since he actually can kill extremely well (team grab -> Up-smash). He can do a lot of dumb stuff like U-air braking (Bucket Braking for teammates), and he's honestly not that hard to work around if he knows how to Up-B or crouch at crucial moments.

Anyhow for low tier teams, I did mention Mario earlier, and it's worth trying to learn the Cape ****, which can kill people at like 30-40% if you do it right.

i agree with you.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
haha, no need to insult me ^^ im just going on the partners ive had,

and my last partner used G&W with me, of coruse he sucked and i ended up fighting by myself half the time very early on because he didnt know how to DI

however i have teamed with a very good marth who managed to tipper EVERYTHING and do short hop at the exact right time to aloow me to do the clearing.

youve gto to base some of it on experience, after all
Don't take it personally, I'm just extremely logical. You didn't provide any real backing on why those partners were any good either.

And the reasoning you have here just basically says to me you teamed with a really bad G&W player, and then a really good Marth player, which doesn't really objectively represent their advantages and weaknesses.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Marth's sliding Usmash is a decent clearing move, as for not very good KO power unless it's a tipper, that I don't entirely agree with. Sure his tipper is good at KO'ing and can usually KO at about 80%, regularly at 110%, woudlnt' say that's bad at all

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Marth's Up-smash is an extremely unsafe move, and doesn't start up PARTICULARLY fast.

It kills at 124% non-tippered, the same as Mario's Up-smash, but less safe or viable out of shield. I am not impressed at all.

I should point out, Mario in fact has a better sliding Up-smash...time it correctly, it slides over 1/3 of FD.

1Zero99Lucia5

Smash Cadet
From what I learned of tourney matches and friendlies, Samus best options to team with are:

- Mr. Game and Watch
- Marth
- Donkey Kong
- Wario
- Toon Link
- Ike
- Meta Knight
- Falco

And the best one to team with IMO: Zelda/Sheik !

PS: I'm sorry for all my consecutive posts, I'm kinda bored ATM so I though I'd share the things I know about Samus :p

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
From what I learned of tourney matches and friendlies, Samus best options to team with are:

- Mr. Game and Watch
- Marth
- Donkey Kong
- Wario
- Toon Link
- Ike
- Meta Knight
- Falco

And the best one to team with IMO: Zelda/Sheik !

PS: I'm sorry for all my consecutive posts, I'm kinda bored ATM so I though I'd share the things I know about Samus :p
i said the same thing about zelda but i got shot down.. it was saddening

1Zero99Lucia5

Smash Cadet
i said the same thing about zelda but i got shot down.. it was saddening
You mean Din's Fire ?
That's REALLY easy to dodge, when you see it coming towards you, don't airdodge yet! Wait till it disapears and THEN airdodge, you'll get through the blast without a scratch

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Din's fire on top of homing missiles is extremely hard to avoid.

I tend to disagree with Marth being a good partner, simply because there isn't enough space provided for him to do well. In fact, I tend to agree with A2Z altogether concerning good teammates. Look at his post earlier for his reasoning.

Extremely amazing partners in all sorts of ways have to go to MK, Kirby and D3. They're all extremely versatile, can kill/gimp, have good quick "clear the area" moves, good recoveries and decent survivability.

Underrated partner has to go to Snake. It is possible to avoid his grenade game, and Snake can serve both as stock tank (although that's Samus's role for the most part) and as the agressive killer.

Low tier? Mario and Ike. Zelda makes a good partner as well, in fact in some MUs I'd rather have Zelda than Ike as a partner. But I think Mario takes the cake.

1Zero99Lucia5

Smash Cadet
yeah, mario and zelda are imo her best low tier partners. but i don't see what is wrong with marth as a team partner... he is very good at teams, supports samus when she is offstage and has lots of team combo's with samus that are easy to pull off

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
It's not team combos you should be looking at. Essentially, any combination has a good combo no doubt because every character has something to bring to the table.

Rather can Marth perform well when surrounded by 3 other people? Can he space efficiently? In capable hands, I'm sure he's a good teammate, but I'm also sure those capable hands could have served as a better teammate playing a diferent character. This is just personal opinion though. Honestly, nearly all characters can be deemed as viable teammates.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
In fact, this weekend me and inui are teaming again. I will get some of those recorded.
Better watch out for Kirinblaze and Rhyme. >:3

You are high Mr. Inui. Ganon on Ganon action *****.
There's a video of double Ganons ****** on Yoshi's Island...can't find it for some reason.

Check out 3:22-3:26 of this video if you doubt an opponent's ability to perfect shield Samus' crap, lol.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I found a cool kill set up for samus in teams. Grab release you stand facing the same way as your partner is (yuor partner must have them in a grab) and he'll pummel the **** out of them till they release, Utilt. It will either kill them or send them up and your partner can use an attack on them while they are in the air. Ike can Fair them without hitting you if he full hops.

sorry i haven't been on :( computer got destroyed by a virus, buying a new one soon.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
If you mistime it (it's not as easy as timing a smash attack because you can charge those) they'll PS it. Unless you're not trying to u-tilt upon release, meaning they get sent flying straight up and then your partner follows up?

But yeah, if you time it right and they air release that's a good kill set-up.

@Rhyme: Nice example. xD

Paladin77

Smash Journeyman
For regular teirs she should team up with snake. He has the killing power that samus doesnt have, and his bombs/grenades can go great with samus' missiles. If samus misses, then the missile will explode near the C4 or Landmine. They both have ranged... I just see great potential for both of their explosive powers combined.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I think Pikachu, Snake, and Wario make great teammates for Samus. :D

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
IMO she can be good AND bad.

Yea she can KO nice but her U and F smashes can be SMASH DIed out of which can sorta take away her KO ability. The TOE and u-tilt are still amazing. Oh and did u know her utilt has the same KO power as snakes U tilt. POWER, not range. Her recovery is absolute garbage and its super easy to gimp and manipulate(make her come back on the stage for a free fsmash)

over all i do not have exp with a zelda but its just what i see in other teams.
IMO her d smash is her best KO move anyway though. Also, having a Samus ally can take care of a few of her gimpable and manipulable qualities.

I think we should make a samus team tier list.
A good idea, but just think about that for a second, You'd have to do each team partner, each opponent with that team partner, and each team partner that opponent has.

It will take AGES.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
wel i was thinking we could get help from the other boards. and getting people who main with the partner we're discussing. do you think it would work?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
My buddy always loses with Ike, when we team magic happens. not because I am so much better than others that I make up for him, but just because we are a good team and he plays incredi smart. knows where they fly when I hit them and then smacks em back :p

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Thats what I figured. Me and my bro who mains Ike tore up our competition in teams. We ended up getting 2nd to the team who mained MK and Snake AND got 1st and 2nd in singles. It just works out too well since Samus usually has no problem with dealing damage and Ike has no problems with killing. They really make up for one anothers faults.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
i teamed up with a diddy yeterday......

it was alot of fun
glide tossing nanas into CS, or a smash

or just nanas in general so much fun

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
so i was wonder how you guys felt about a pit partner, the mirrored charge shot deals 39% rather than 26%, its faster and i think double knock back
is there anyway we could use this?

so i was wonder how you guys felt about a pit partner, the mirrored charge shot deals 39% rather than 26%, its faster and i think double knock back
is there anyway we could use this?
Well there are two problems with this.

1) When you fire the CS, even if it hits Pit's shield, its going STRAIGHT back at you, and it's not exactly fast so it will be very easy to block.

2) Chances are the both of you won't be free enough to do this.

It's a good plan in theory, but thats where theorycrafting faults, its just not.... practical? xD

Besides, Pit is NOT a good partner for Samus, mainly because:

*You both lack KO power
*Your missles can seriously mess up Pit's recovery if things go wrong
*Pit's arrows will usually hit your spam

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
From when I played with a good Donkey kong, Samus can help set up combos for dk
to kill the enemy.

Input, anyone?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
From when I played with a good Donkey kong, Samus can help set up combos for dk
to kill the enemy.

Input, anyone?
this may sound weird but i have seen dk work with SO MANY different characters i can agree that he would indeed work well with samus. Its just hes SO big that your projectiles may nail him some during the match

this may sound weird but i have seen dk work with SO MANY different characters i can agree that he would indeed work well with samus. Its just hes SO big that your projectiles may nail him some during the match
I'd imagine that would happen alot, DK gets tipper zaired alot and that can really throw off his spacing, but he does what Ike does, and does quite frankly, a better job at it, he's just so much bigger D:.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
That happened too in that particular game, him getting hit a lot
by me throwing crap.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
as of now my favorite team mate is diddy, but im looking into peach but not sure yet the closest peach main to my locations is Fogo's brother but they live like an hour away from me.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I would have to say Lucas because slightly safer psi magnet,than ness after absorbing something by rolling and jumping

Top Bottom