• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus in Doubles

Sarix

Smash Ace
I've noticed that the Samus boards have been relatively inactive lately and thought maybe we could try looking at her as a teams partner. From my personal experience I find her best as a support character but I was wondering if we would try and think of what non-MK teams partners would be good for her. I personally think small characters help her a lot like Kirby and Pikachu who can cover her problems with short characters and how they can work around her.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Me and my friend run double samus and samus marth with relatively good success.

:phone:
I imagine Samus and Marth would work well together since he approaches REALLY well and has the CQC abilities that Samus lacks. I just think Samus's big requirement in a partner is someone who can kill and fight at close range, since she does well at mid-long range and can rack damage quite well and with good DI is good at surviving hits with her weight.

How has the double Samus worked? All I can imagine is projectiles and Zair everywhere.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
well double samus, like any double team, needs two contrasting playstyles. im mediocre up close, but i have a fantastic zoning game and good luck killing me. my friend has a much better close in game, and is really good with spikes off the edge. basically i let him get in the mix and **** things up and i sit back and support from afar. im his stock tank and virtually every match hes taking a stock from me. if anyone comes after me i plank the ledge and dare them to come offstage lol. its a cute team that we will run along with samus marth if we ever go to a mk banned tourney -he mains mk-

even against the best local teams we get them both down to last stock a majority of the time lol, and we sneak in a win here or there. i think i may have a match up or two on my channel, but those were from last year and we are both better then than.

Sarix

Smash Ace
I'm the same way with being mediocre up close and being the stock tank. That's why my friend mains Pikachu who can get into their face easily while leading my projectiles into them. That team has worked fairly successfully since he neutralizes my bad matchups and we can always get to each other through his speed and my range. He is also the definite killer of the two of us since getting in the fray just ends up tacking damage on me that we need to hold stocks.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I cannot fathom how double samus or samus with any non-kill character could possibly work, you must be playing some far inferior people or just be some kind of miracle team.
I've done samus in doubles with some success but you have to limit your zoning a LOT unless you have really good synergy. my most common partner and I just know what we're doing or what we're going to do so I can generally spam how I want with very few problems coming from it
But you need to be teamed with someone who can kill. I would suggest snake. I had some good times with olimar as well, especially since it is easy to save people when you fall off the edge up air. it's a big wall of 1 damage hits, and if he fails again you can up B your partner, or do another aerial and stillg et back.
but yeah
get a killing character.
please.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
we do have very good synergy as double samus. we can both camp and not hit each other fairly effectively. im not saying its the best team in the world but its cute in action

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
lol that's definitely an accomplishment I wanna see that in action. so many missiles.
The part I like least about it is where the opponents get to 200% each life.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
we kill them earlier. im fairly good at mindgaming into kill moves and hes good at spiking lol. also our camp is more zair related missiles are a ***** in teams lol

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
zair's too sick but the fact that you kill people and win with this team really brings into question the level of your opponents IMO, lol.
non scalin zair though, that **** is bananas.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
we actually did take a game off of mjg and fino using their mains. once. and yes a lot of it is vs scrubs but we hold our own vs better people. considering double samus should be getting double three stocked and we get at least three stocks off vs our top players consistently, ill take it

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
normally I'd spout the usual **** about results is all that matters, etc. but damn that's a pretty good job for double samus.
I couldn't do it though, I'd make my partner pick snake lol. or marth, or wario or anything.

Sarix

Smash Ace
That was a good video Stealth Raptor. Your team synergy was actually rather good though some of the misfires reminded me of what my partner and I need to work on still. :)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
a few months ago. it was just one game, surely you remember scrub giving you guys infinite amounts of crap for losing to us lol -obviously it was friendlies but that wont stop scrub from trolling

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
oh it was friendlies, it definitely does not matter anymore.
in tourney I'd be genuinely impressed
btw I played samus in doubles for a bunch of games tonight and with a killer it was hilarious. I did 845 damage in one game.
then my friend played samus and we went from 2 stocking them to getting 5 stocked.
but we did ***tons of damage.

Top Bottom