• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Gameplay Videos

Crystanium

Smash Hero
White_Pointer White_Pointer
Try to limit the use of rolling. You use it a lot. I'd also recommend not using f-air to get back up to the stage. Short people can avoid it, even if they don't try. I can't recall you even jumping up onto the stage from the ledge, either. You either get up and spot-dodge, or you get up and shield, or you use f-air to get up.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Good matches. You didn't use as many rolls and you used more z-airs compared to the last time I watched one of your uploads. You make me proud. You were also d-airing to go for spikes, which means that you took risks to win. Keep that up. I feel that this Marth didn't have the match-up experience, but still, good job. I loved the u-air to CS on the first match as well. So here's a bit of advice. Dash attacks are great ways to set up combos, but using them as excessive as you did will allow your opponent to figure that out eventually. Fortunately, this Marth didn't respond to it well enough. Other than that, keep up with the spacing and try to avoid using z-air too close next time. Remember, Samus has options for close combat, such as jab1 and f-tilts. She needn't stay that close. If you manage to set up a combo, keep that up.

Xpect

Smash Cadet
Good matches. You didn't use as many rolls and you used more z-airs compared to the last time I watched one of your uploads. You make me proud. You were also d-airing to go for spikes, which means that you took risks to win. Keep that up. I feel that this Marth didn't have the match-up experience, but still, good job. I loved the u-air to CS on the first match as well. So here's a bit of advice. Dash attacks are great ways to set up combos, but using them as excessive as you did will allow your opponent to figure that out eventually. Fortunately, this Marth didn't respond to it well enough. Other than that, keep up with the spacing and try to avoid using z-air too close next time. Remember, Samus has options for close combat, such as jab1 and f-tilts. She needn't stay that close. If you manage to set up a combo, keep that up.
Thanks for the advice, Ive been thinking of starting a channel to strictly my samus and breaking down my thought process throughout the match

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
White_Pointer White_Pointer
Try to limit the use of rolling. You use it a lot. I'd also recommend not using f-air to get back up to the stage. Short people can avoid it, even if they don't try. I can't recall you even jumping up onto the stage from the ledge, either. You either get up and spot-dodge, or you get up and shield, or you use f-air to get up.
Some of those fairs were actually input errors, I meant to do a falling up air or a zair but got a fair instead. I'm also usually very wary about jumping back on stage when the opponent is just waiting for me at the ledge like Mac does...scared of eating an up smash or up b on reaction to the jump.

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
totally forgot there was a gameplay vid thread lmao
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=k8jnqPaXuwk

50min vs :4kirby: KingKirby 2-0
1hr 5min vs :4littlemac:Cagt 2-0
2hr 4min vs :4mario:/:4pit: Ice Arrow 2-0
2hr 30min vs:4sonic: Craftis 0-3 (Winners Finals)
3hr 17min vs:4rob: Raffi-X 0-3 (Losers Finals)

I beat Marss (our #1 player) offstream! Granted he didnt go ZSS both games, he was Falco game 1 and ZSS game 2.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Thanks for the advice, Ive been thinking of starting a channel to strictly my samus and breaking down my thought process throughout the match
It'd likely help you improve.

Some of those fairs were actually input errors, I meant to do a falling up air or a zair but got a fair instead. I'm also usually very wary about jumping back on stage when the opponent is just waiting for me at the ledge like Mac does...scared of eating an up smash or up b on reaction to the jump.
Ah. I personally don't like dealing with Little Mac.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
This has been sitting on my desktop for awhile now, I figured I might as well publish it.
Here are some quick kills and intermediate level Samus main should know of and be able to pull off. A variety of things showcased, some true combo chains, setups and strings but mostly these are imperfect kills. Perfect kills, 3, 4 layer deep chains will be for part III (which I almost have enough material for as it is).

I still have many vids planned, and the combo chains update I promise is next, but as real life has been hammering me recently, this will have to do. I'll pop into discord a bit more in the coming months as well.

Some Funker as a tip of my hat to an old video by @Rohins back in the Brawl days. We old now. ;)

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Ive compiled a montage of some good matches ive had these past few months, its thanks to the comunity that im getting somewhat better, still a long way to go

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Good stuff there JAZZ_ JAZZ_ !

I don't know why, but I didn't post my Samus highlights that I put together a few months ago. Well, here it is. I actually stopped playing Smash for a while, but this video showed some stuff I could do when I was able to play a little decently:

I have so very little time for video games nowadays. :(

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Ah, sorry, didn't realize the difference. I don't understand much about tripping, except it's random with certain moves I think?

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Ah, sorry, didn't realize the difference. I don't understand much about tripping, except it's random with certain moves I think?
Yeah some moves have a random chance to trip, jab being one of them, you can tell when they've tripped as it makes a distinct sound

Xpect

Smash Cadet
Clip on Bayo was super nasty, tipper up air to drag off the platform in to Up Tilt CS then the bomb dair to finish, really nice. Maybe a few too many Bomb Dair clips overall though
Very true, I was debating on it. Id like to transition more ledge trumps into charge shots, I envy those who can lol. Thanks a lot man

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20WxgIJHWKo
vs. Luigi_Player's Mewtwo (who took games from Abadango before)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7MLuZ-Fp6c
vs. Yetey (Mario/Sonic/Diddy)
Very nice as always.

Against Yetey, at 1:26: I love how you set a bomb when getting up off the ledge and then hit with CS for a potential shield break (so close this time but not quite). What is the input here exactly, are you doing a normal ledge get up followed by an immediate bomb drop (no jump) or is it the jump get up off the ledge into an immediate bomb drop?

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Very nice as always.

Against Yetey, at 1:26: I love how you set a bomb when getting up off the ledge and then hit with CS for a potential shield break (so close this time but not quite). What is the input here exactly, are you doing a normal ledge get up followed by an immediate bomb drop (no jump) or is it the jump get up off the ledge into an immediate bomb drop?
It's the jump getup. The jump getup doesn't let you buffer any input afterwards so you have to be very precise to not waste frames where you are vulnerable.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Nice! Love those spike set ups!
Nice, I have my very own troll now.
This is the same thing that happens when you have a jilted lover. K-San, my *former* sparring partner, is upset that I destroyed him in game, in person not wifi, in front of all of his friends and his injured pride has pushed him to extremes of childish behavior.
He has a large backlog of old matches going back over a year and is cherry picking training sessions to try and "expose" me.
I could trivially make a montage of his many failings, but... Like I really care.

Get a job, leave your basement and grow up, you're nearly 40 bud.

And you've been reported - this forum is not about petty grudges.

Last edited:

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
Not everyday you see SkillZ on the 3DS
Match on FG with an over all really good player

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
Here's more. I wasn't doing very well yesterday. I lost more matches and won very few. I was rather upset.

Damn.. those were some nice Ganon reads... I can understand why you'd be upset lol
But seriously no point in getting upset over losing a few matches.. You win some you lose some :)

You don't want to be that guy whose such a sore loser no one wants to play anymore
Just enjoy the game

Look at me I got so many videos of me getting my ass kicked its hilarious lol
The best part of getting beat is learning from it

You came back stronger in that second video TWO Stocks!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Damn.. those were some nice Ganon reads... I can understand why you'd be upset lol
But seriously no point in getting upset over losing a few matches.. You win some you lose some :)

You don't want to be that guy whose such a sore loser no one wants to play anymore
Just enjoy the game

Look at me I got so many videos of me getting my *** kicked its hilarious lol
The best part of getting beat is learning from it

You came back stronger in that second video TWO Stocks!
That night wasn't my best night. I was keeping up with my brother, but I wasn't winning. I got frustrated when I shouldn't have, since I've made threads about playing and not worrying about losing. I wasn't being consistent.

My brother mains Ness, but he'll bring out Ganondorf sometimes. He likes Ganondorf.

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
That night wasn't my best night. I was keeping up with my brother, but I wasn't winning. I got frustrated when I shouldn't have, since I've made threads about playing and not worrying about losing. I wasn't being consistent.

My brother mains Ness, but he'll bring out Ganondorf sometimes. He likes Ganondorf.

A little sibling rivalry eh lol

I'm just curious do you guys give each other tips on how to improve and beat each other?

The way I see it is if your always competing with each other trying to one up one another you won't get as far
The better your friends/brother you play with regularly get the better you get. You guys should grow as a team instead of just growing as individuals

Competition is great and all but it can be toxic at times
That mentality of playing to win sometimes keeps you from growing and exploring the game
Some people are are so scared of losing they always stick to one character and one game plan
How are you going to grow if your not willing to lose a few to gain a bit of experience and knowledge

For example there's this guy I use to play.. he was so scared of losing that he'd never take anyone else except his main on FG
I mean FG is an excellent tool to experiment with different characters and match ups... you can gain a wealth of knowledge on FG
But this particular person was so obsessed with winning and his stats he'd rather experiment on For Fun!
I know pretty crazy right lol

And when we would play I would cycle through various characters to test things out and he would have the most difficult time to the point where he no longer wanted to play me
This of course against his main..

Pretty much what I'm trying to say is don't play to win... unless your in tournament of course lol. Play with the goal of learning... you'll find that you'll enjoy playing the game a lot more this way instead of getting upset lol ;)

Anyways I just recently manage to upload some Samus Dittos
Various styles of playing Samus
Enjoy :)

In person session with a group of friends. My opponent wanted to win so badly he ended up SDing TWICE!
Poor guy lol

Matrio FG matches
Had a blast playing him
Played various characters against his Samus won some lost some
This is just our ditto
Good Samus player but I don't think he has as much XP in the ditto

Unknown Average Samus
Not bad he caught me good a few times
Very different style to what I'm use to

Crystanium

Smash Hero
A little sibling rivalry eh lol

I'm just curious do you guys give each other tips on how to improve and beat each other?
Kind of. I'm not sure what to pinpoint when I'm winning against my brother. He tends to have a better idea since he used Samus as a secondary when I was unable to play.

The way I see it is if your always competing with each other trying to one up one another you won't get as far
The better your friends/brother you play with regularly get the better you get. You guys should grow as a team instead of just growing as individuals

Competition is great and all but it can be toxic at times
That mentality of playing to win sometimes keeps you from growing and exploring the game
Some people are are so scared of losing they always stick to one character and one game plan
How are you going to grow if your not willing to lose a few to gain a bit of experience and knowledge

For example there's this guy I use to play.. he was so scared of losing that he'd never take anyone else except his main on FG
I mean FG is an excellent tool to experiment with different characters and match ups... you can gain a wealth of knowledge on FG
But this particular person was so obsessed with winning and his stats he'd rather experiment on For Fun!
I know pretty crazy right lol
I know this, but I wasn't applying it. Like I said, I've made threads about playing to learn and to not worry about losing, and here I was that night, actually caring that I wasn't winning a single match. I wasn't on my medication. I'll blame that because I'm usually the one telling my brother to relax. I wasn't afraid of losing as much as I was getting annoyed that I was losing.

I've mained Samus since SSB64. I've been using Mario and ZSS to practice with. I've told players who go on FG who care about their stats to not worry about them because even if you improve, your stats aren't going to be any better. You'll still have the losses on your stats from previous matches.

Ampheras

Smash Cadet
Hei Guys, I need help
That was the Brazilian 2016 major, with around 160 attendants, I got 5º place with Samus only
On Winners I fell in a very disputed match with our Top Yoshi player who got 3º
But on losers I stumbled upon Seyaru, the One player here in Brasil I can NEVER defeat, fox main
So pls analyse this set and tell me my mistakes, I really don't have a clue what to do anymore
Only thing I noticed is that I should have used more grab in the first match

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
Hei Guys, I need help
That was the Brazilian 2016 major, with around 160 attendants, I got 5º place with Samus only
On Winners I fell in a very disputed match with our Top Yoshi player who got 3º
But on losers I stumbled upon Seyaru, the One player here in Brasil I can NEVER defeat, fox main
So pls analyse this set and tell me my mistakes, I really don't have a clue what to do anymore
Only thing I noticed is that I should have used more grab in the first match
Dude your skills far surpass majority of the guys that post on this thread
Not sure how much help you will get though lol

I can completely understand the frustration though
Maybe pick another character that can deal with Fox better?

I actually play Fox quit often... my Fox is actually better than my Samus lol
If you want to consider input from a scrub like me here are a few pointers
Just remember I am a scrub! So take everything with a heavy dose of salt ;)

- I thought you played far too aggressive against Fox
You were on the offensive and you got punished every time you closed the gap
You played to Fox's strength
Remember Samus's moves have a lot of recovery frames and Fox can easily punish all your standing tilts
You can't let Fox get that close to you

- You need exploit Fox's weaknesses
Fox has a terrible off stage game
You were recovering way to much on stage where Fox can juggle you right back up
Every time you get knocked up in the air go for the ledge grab
Samus as you know has amazing off stage recovery Fox can't do much about it other than wait for you to return
If he does jump off to see you then you are at an advantage as Samus has a superior air game
Only danger Fox poses in the air is him being right underneath you
Other than that you have a few options like Up Air/BAIR/DAIR that he'll have to face

- You need to Zone Fox out
ZAIR! One of the only safe option you have at keeping Fox away from you [Yes I know its hard to land because he is shorter]
ZAIR can lead into Charge Shot confirms, Grabs Dash Attack leading into combos
ZAIR spacing is crucial and most optimal for Samus against Fox
It gives Samus enough time to go for the punish or defend
Do not raw grab often unless you set it up... Fox will just punish you for it
If Fox gets in just Hold Shield and wait for the best possibilities to retreat
Fox grab game isn't great and he isn't going to kill you if he does
Never roll against Fox out of shield he's going to punish you either Jump or Up B if you can

- You need to play the punish game. Wait for the right time to attack
That means punishing Fox's Dash Attack, Ftils, Down Tilts and Up Tilts
If he gets in Jab range then your in trouble don't bother trying to challenge him when he is this close unless he poorly spaces those jab then go for the punish

- Some other stuff
You can break Fox's Reflector! [At least I think you can from experience]
Set this up by baiting Fox to reflect your missiles as soon as the missiles reflect throw the Charge Shot
Most likely the Reflector will break... [Someone needs to confirm this though]

- Charge Shot
Only throw it when you set it up
Safer to use it in the air for follow ups or baiting the air dodge
Never raw shoot it out a good Fox can easily predict this

Anyways that is enough from me.. remember I'm a scrub..
It would be nice to hear from actual real players though instead of a scrub like myself :)

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
Since we're talking about Fox
Here are a few matches I had on FG against other Samus players :)

Close Match very fun

Was very careless in this one and got owned
Samus played a very good spacing and patience game
I ran into a lot of things lol... a bit of lag but the other player was clearly better

Top Bottom