• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus ftilt range nerf

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but Samus's ftilt received a pretty major range nerf. In 4 it had the most range of any forward tilt in the game because of her long leg, forward pivot, and the fact that she slid forward on her foot during the animation. That slide forward has been removed, making her ftilt her least ranged tilt and putting it on par with some other tilts (e.g. Marth ftilt) that it solidly outranged before.

Lorisaur

Smash Cadet
You are right, but being able to pivot cancel ftilt should be enlugh to compensate for it

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
unfortunately a range nerf isn't really compensatable. Samus is outranged/matched on the ground now by many characters, move is still good but definitely worse overall. Being able to use it out of run is great, but the move still got nerfed.

WhamBamBoozler

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm finding Samus a little more difficult to enjoy in smash ultimate. Other than the LL buffs that everyone got she just seems to have been taken down a notch in ultimate.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it's more that she plays differently
Agreed. I was a Samus main in Melee and my style back then was overpowering offense, mainly on the ground, with some well-placed missiles and charge shots thrown in the mix whenever the opportunity presented itself. Also lots of nair and bair.

Playing Dark Samus in Ultimate is the first game since Melee where she's been able to play well with a similar style. Also, the fair got a good power boost and uair has lots of priority too. Nair is very useful when you figure out the priority and timing, especially when guarding the edge.

I still need to master the zair game and her reverse charge shot application. But if played right she can be an overpowering offensive powerhouse, especially against average speed and slow characters.

Top Bottom