• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Costume Tournament! [Voting Ended]

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Winner's Bracket
1. Light Suit

Loser's Bracket
1. Dark Suit
2. Hazard Shield

I choose Dark Suit over Phazon Suit because it's more unique, and really, because the Phazon Suit has always been no more than a palette swap of the Varia/Gravity Suit in color. So it could honestly be passed off as a replacement color palette for the Dark Suit colors Samus already has, then have the actual Dark Suit as a costume.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Phazon Suit.

Seriously, if the Dark Suit beats the Phazon Suit, you are all the worst.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Phazon Suit.

Seriously, if the Dark Suit beats the Phazon Suit, you are all the worst.
As I said though, the Phazon Suit is simple to do as it's just a palette swap of the Varia/Gravity Suit. Why have a costume that looks like her standard armor instead of having something different to stand out more? I LOVE the Phazon Suit, it looks awesome. But a simple recoloring to replace the Dark Suit colors would do the trick with ease, allowing for the Dark Suit or something else to take the extra costume slot.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
But it's the Dark Suit. I could see that argumentation working for the Light Suit.

But it's the Dark Suit.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I understand you don't like the Dark Suit, but plenty of others, including myself, do. It isn't my favorite, but I think it's neat. Seeing more dramatic departures from her traditional look appeals to me, so that's why I think it could work nicely as a costume. If it came down to it, though, I'd prefer the Light Suit, or PED Suit with the Hazard Shield.

I think we could all be more or less satisfied if we got an alternate suit or two, plus the Phazon Suit colors as a replacement for the Dark Suit colors, wouldn't you agree? And hey, if nothing else, there are plenty of awesome Phazon Suit textures on the Brawl Vault that can easily be inserted in. ;)

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Found some more eye candy. :3c

Omgosh. I can't stop loving these slick designs. (I should get back to work in Gmod. I got some cool ideas)

This is just... rather interesting.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Hm, that last one is interesting. Ironically, I actually think that the Smash 4 suit looks better the way it is, as much as the Echoes Varia Suit design is my favorite...

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926

VOTES COUNTED AND UPDATED! Both battles in Loser's Brackets have ties surprisingly. I haven't seen the usual voters come in and vote yet. I just may have to message their profiles again.

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Winners:
1. Light Suit

Losers:
2. Dark Suit
3. PED Suit

Would love to actually see these get added by PMBR.

Last edited:

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
It's been about a month since this post was updated, out of curiosity, what's going on?
  1. I needed more votes still. There was a tie in the ballot.
  2. Desperately trying to find Light Suit for Gmod among other suits
  3. College Finals
That's pretty much it. Sorry, I'll update maybe this week.

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Oh man Light suit is in.

That means I must have a solid two hours to rearrange everything. :U Sorry guys, I will be updating soon. A lot of cool things been happening as well.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So it's been confirmed that Samus is getting three new alts (and no more). They're probably some combination of Light Suit, Dark Suit, PED Suit, and Fusion Suit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom