• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Costume Tournament! [Voting Ended]

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Thread's Theme
Metroid MegaMix: Duel Of Destiny

So after much work, much brainstorming, and much researching. I've decided to perform a experiment. Similar to 4chan /v/ fashion, we will cast a vote for the most wanted alternative Samus Costume for Project M.

>>>>>Double Elimination Tournament<<<<<
This has EVERY Samus costume to date. (Dark Samus Excluded)
Here are the Rules:
1. Vote for a costume that is in currently in each bracket. As time passes, check back to see each suit's progress and revote on the new matchup.
2. Choose a suit on EACH conflicting bracket. Don't simply choose a favorite.
3. Stats will be posted after winner is chosen.

Other Information:
  • Each round will be around 6-7 days before advancing.
  • A separate bracket is made for the first elimination. You will vote on that once Round 2 in winners has started.
  • THIS HAS NO CONNECTION TO PROJECT M BACKROOM. This is a separate fan made project intent on starting discussions and viewing pleasure.
  • As the finals round come closer, I'll provide more links and pictures displaying the best the finalists has to offer. Eye Candy!
  • Unfortunately, these is the best images I can find for each suit. Hazard Shield (No Corruption) has no full body image for me to put in.
  • I will reserve posting in this thread unless it is for a major update. (This is for notification proposes for people watching this thread.) I will answer any questions via profile conversation.
  • The beams are exclusively for MP2 winners or MP3 winners. Where their power ups will reflect their games.

I will be checking back frequently to answer any questions and tally votes. Please share and support. I've worked many hours on setting this up and making sure each beautiful suit is represented fairly. Words of encouragement are deeply appreciated.

Last edited:

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926

(Reserved Post)

Also, my vote for Round 1:

Phazon Suit
Light Suit
Hazard Shield
PED Corrupted Suit
&
Prime Model Colors

Last edited:

ask_thedoctor

Smash Rookie
1. Phazon Suit
2. Light Suit
3. PED suit
4. Other M models—the prime model is already fairly close to the current Super Metroid Model. Even if prime won, I would go with her standard Fusion suit above anything else.

Small quibble—her current 'fire' variation isn't the "plasma beam"; its the "Power Beam".

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

aside from the beam (nB) actually not representing any of her beams (perhaps a wavebem charge shot from prime would be the closest), the effect from her melee attacks are fire, which is close enough to prime plasma beam.
Power beam shoots a ball of kinetic energy, not fire or electric or blue/purple.

Phazon Suit
Light Suit
Hazard Shield
PED Corrupted Suit
Other M

Litt

Samus
So after much work, much brainstorming, and much researching. I've decided to perform a experiment. Similar to 4chan /v/ fashion, we will cast a vote for the most wanted alternative Samus Costume for Project M.
While this is an interesting idea, and its obvious how much work you put into this Cyber (I am quite impressed), you have no affiliation to the PMBR team and your efforts may go to waste, so please do not be disappointed if this goes overlooked. We are all aching for cool alt costumes, myself included, and I hope they get on it fast, I just don't want you to get your hopes too high on this project, especially because of how much work you put into this.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
While this is an interesting idea, and its obvious how much work you put into this Cyber (I am quite impressed), you have no affiliation to the PMBR team and your efforts may go to waste, so please do not be disappointed if this goes overlooked. We are all aching for cool alt costumes, myself included, and I hope they get on it fast, I just don't want you to get your hopes too high on this project, especially because of how much work you put into this.
Yeah I'm just confused now, you're clearly capable of being a nice person but you seem to deliberately try to be contrary to newer members. It's not conducive to a growing community. Can I just put it as simply as that? Newer players should be felt encouraged even if they do completely suck. We were all scrubs once.

I mean, the PM:BR could view this in the same light as the Clone Engine thread and take community consensus into consideration. If they absolutely won't then at least we tried to let them know what we want.

1. Phazon
2. Light
3. PED
4. Corrupted PED (Holy wow that looks awesome)
5. Prime Model

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Its not if they do suck or not, and you seem to be confused that I am just deliberately mean to anyone that sucks... I am only mean to individuals that disagree on points that I know are in fact true and they are too ignorant to just listen. Also it is clear Cyber put a lot of work into this, and he didn't just throw it up there and say.... These are the costumes I want, PMBR get your asses on these, because samus needs more costumes. He instead created a very well thought out diagram and a fun way to promote discussion between the community as to which of the alt costumes would be the most positivity receptive addition to the next update.

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
1. Phazon
2. Light
3. PED
4. Corrupted Hazard
5. Other M

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
1. Phazon Suit
2. Light Suit
3. PED suit
4. Other M models—the prime model is already fairly close to the current Super Metroid Model. Even if prime won, I would go with her standard Fusion suit above anything else.

Small quibble—her current 'fire' variation isn't the "plasma beam"; its the "Power Beam".
Corrections made. You forgot to vote on the "Corrupted" bracket. Choose of the top right bracket.

While this is an interesting idea, and its obvious how much work you put into this Cyber (I am quite impressed), you have no affiliation to the PMBR team and your efforts may go to waste, so please do not be disappointed if this goes overlooked.
I understand. I made myself fully aware of the commitment I'm putting here and how it may be voided by PMBR. I just love all of Samus' Suit designs that I want to give all of them a fair chance by the audience. They are all beautiful and need to be fairly considered. That's why I made this.

VOTES ACCOUNTED FOR AND DISPLAYED. ABOUT ANOTHER 4 DAYS UNTIL BRACKETS MOVE TO ROUND 2. WILL BE SPREADING WORD TO OTHER PM SAMUS PLAYERS AND PM FORUMS. IF YOU HAVEN'T VOTED YET, VOTE NOW! Spread the word!

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
1) Power Suit
2) Light Suit
3) Hazard Shield
4) Corrupted Hazard Shield
5) Prime Model

Although I will say that the Dark Suit and Light Suit were both some of the most popular suits in the alt costume thread, the Light Suit did have more support. After this is done, is it possible there will be a loser bracket? Because I don't think the Dark Suit can hold out against the Light Suit, but it is very popular.

Edit: Okay, I see now it says that it's Double Elimination.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
NOOOO why'd you pit the Light and Dark Suits against each other :crying: I want both.

Ah well, here are my votes.

1. Phazon Suit
2. Light Suit
3. PED Suit
4. Corrupted PED Suit
5. Prime model with recolors.

Last edited:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Power Suit
Light Suit (it's not fair you made it light suit vs dark suit, i want both suits)
PED Suit
Corrupte Hazard Shield
Other M models

Shin F.

Smash Master
He seems to have paired them based on what games they were from, hence the logos behind the suits. Power Suit and Phazon Suit models were both from MP1, Dark Suit and Light Suit are from MP2 and Hazard Shield and PED Suit are from MP3. Then the other three brackets are the suits from different games.

Since it's double elimination, though, it should still work out.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Real talk: Other M's suit is ****ing disgusting.

PED Suit, Phazon Suit, and Prime Multiplayer suits are probably the go-to's.

Fortress

Smash Master
Dark/Light have some somewhat-drastic model changes. I think simple color swaps in the form of additional colors would be fine. Or one new model with multiple colors, ala Melee Fox/Falco/Link/Doc. Like, the PED, or the Power Suit.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
1. Power Suit
2. Light Suit (w/ Light Beam for Power, and Dark Beam for Ice)
3. PED Suit
4. Corrupted Hazard Shield (this or #3 to have Nova Beam for Power. Phazon Beam for Ice doesn't really make sense to me)
5. Prime Model + Multiplayer Colors

Very cool and creative way to promote Samus' costumes, CyberMario!

Last edited:

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Light
ped
hazard
fusion
You didn't vote on first bracket and the bracket vs. Fusion is not active yet.

VOTES ACCOUNTED FOR AND DISPLAYED. ABOUT ANOTHER 2-3 DAYS UNTIL BRACKETS MOVE TO ROUND 2. Spread the word!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Unfortunately, I do not think it is possible for Samus' arm cannon to change colors depending on whether she is using the ice stance or not.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Power suit
Dark suit
hazard shield
corrupted hazard shield
Prime models

I don't care for beam stuff.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If I'm reading the instructions right...starting from up-right...

Phazon suit (Best suit IMO)
Light suit
Ped suit
Corrupted Hazard shield suit
Nova/Phazon beam combination
Prime model.

Yeah.

Shin F.

Smash Master
If I'm reading the instructions right...starting from up-right...

Phazon suit (Best suit IMO)
Light suit
Ped suit
Corrupted Hazard shield suit
Nova/Phazon beam combination
Prime model.

Yeah.
I think the beams are just effects that are meant to go with the suits of the game they're from, not an actual part of the votes themselves. So the Light/Dark beams go with the Light/Dark Suits and the Plasma/Phazon beams go with the PED and Hazard Shield suits.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Without arm cannon modification it's just silly. Samus' smash beam is already silly. I think it's silly to bundle the beams with the suits in an official unofficial poll.

That's all. No biggie.

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926

"A battle of the Hunter's past. These era's of her life were once memory, now it is happening all at once. Which Samus is the one to root for?"
So Gmod is acting all sorts of weird on me. I've been searching a good three hours searching for answers and only just at an inconvenient time found a solution. I promise you I'll make better pictures soon.

So about in another couple of days I'll update the tally for the final time then move onto ROUND 2

In other news, coming up with a good loser's bracket is sort of challenging from my lack of experience of how loser brackets goes. I'm gonna say that you are gonna have to bare with me when I release that.

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31

"A battle of the Hunter's past. These era's of her life were once memory, now it is happening all at once. Which Samus is the one to root for?"
So Gmod is acting all sorts of weird on me. I've been searching a good three hours searching for answers and only just at an inconvenient time found a solution. I promise you I'll make better pictures soon.
What kind of "weird"? Are you also experiencing a bunch of add-ons missing as well? Or something else?

Also, cool pic! I'd root for PED Samus, since she has Hyper Mode. Temporary invulnerability, and that powerful Phazon Beam. Gotta love 'em! ;)

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Yeah bunch of missing addons.

My stages, weapons, ragdolls, tools, models, NPCs are missing even though they are all present in steam. It's a recurring issue but I'm not gonna focus again on it until finals on bracket.

Narpas_sword

Without arm cannon modification it's just silly. Samus' smash beam is already silly. I think it's silly to bundle the beams with the suits in an official unofficial poll.

That's all. No biggie.

The intention seems to be more towards the effects fitting the costume (you dont get ice/plasma in echoes) than voting for your favourite...

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I'm having the exact same issue with Garry's Mod. Which is annoying, because I was trying to mess with it myself...

Top Bottom