• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saltus Combo (testers wanted) *please read thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
The Saltus Combo

The following is the combo:
f-tilt> footstool> FFBair> f-tilt> repeat

Here is a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUhS8RQrOU4

Saltus is the Latin word for jump. Thus this is the jump combo.
Now some of what is in there can be escaped. I just didn't take the time to go back and record more. Those were mostly vids of my practice sessions the other day on a... nobody is home controller.
However, there is a proper way to perform this combo on most characters.
(One of the things that makes this combo a hard is that it varies from character to character.)
You will notice my bro trying to DI Popo and how far he goes. You will also notice how bad Sonic gets *****.
It varies (this is why I have a difficulty rating.)

what each person did in Special thanks:

Tristan_Win:
Helped me out many times and has been very supportive and cool.
In all honest.... I would have never of found this combo if it weren't for him.

<3
Same as Tristan.
He has been very supportive and has helped me out a lot.

Ankoku:
His opinion is always listened to and he helped me get on track.

leafplayer452:
He made the original and gave his idea's that got me thinking.

stealth:
He is the one who mentioned having a footstool as an infinite.

Mirage of Chaos:
Not exactly a user. It is the name of my clan and I had to put them in there for their year of support.

The following data is still being tested. It is not tested for everything if it does not have *combo confirmed* or *combo does not work*.

If you would like to help then choose a character, gather the data and post it on my username chatbox. I will do a quick test to check to see if your data is legit and add it to the thread.

Mario
He is a hard character to do infinite to. Maybe harder than what it’s worth.
difficulty rating 4/5
Combo works the earliest at 25%.

Luigi
Luigi CANNOT be combo'd due to low ground traction.
Combo works the earliest at 24%.

Peach
Peach is semi hard to infinite. You have to be really quick or you lose the chance to combo her because she can DI out if you aren’t fast enough.
difficulty rating 3/5
Combo works the earliest at 18%.

Bowser
Bowser can be hard because of his size. He can touch the ground before you get the footstool on him.
difficulty rating 3/5
Combo works the earliest at 52%

Donkey Kong
DK is pretty easy to infinite. He is big and touches the ground later than Bowser.
difficulty rating 2/5
Combo works the earliest at 47%.

Diddy Kong
Diddy is a problem child. He can DI somewhat better than the other characters when you hit him with the f-tilt. Making this one to an extent a guess game.
difficulty rating 4/5
Combo works the earliest at 35%.

Yoshi
Yoshi is easy to infinite. Just beware that he can DI quite far away from you. So be ready to give chase
difficulty rating 2/5
Combo works the earliest at 28%.

Wario
Wario is probably the easiest so far. He can barely do anything.
difficulty rating 1/5
*combo confirmed*

Link
Link is not only really hard too footstool but he also can tech anything you throw at him.

Zelda
Zelda is really similar to Peach. You have to react fast to where she DI’s, but other than that she is pretty easy cause she is so big.
difficulty rating 3/5
Combo works the earliest at 37%.

Sheik
Sheik has the same problem as Link. Sheik isn’t really hard too footstool buts she can tech anything you throw at her.

Ganondorf
Ganondorf is hard to do this too since he is so tall. Just learn the timing and you should be okay.
difficulty 4/5
Combo works the earliest at 52%.

Toon Link
Toon Link is very easy to infinite. A n00b could infinite him.
difficulty 2/5
Combo works the earliest at 31%.

Samus
Samus is actually pretty easy to do it as well.
difficulty 2/5
Combo works the earliest at 17%.
*combo confirmed*

Zero Suit Samus
You can do it to ZSS but it is almost useless. You have to start it at a certain percentage and then you can only get two footstools on her.
difficulty 4/5
Combo works the earliest at 48%.

Pit
To be honest Pit can be harder than what it’s worth. He can also be really easy. For some reason you don’t jump as high off of his head. This makes hitting him with a weak Bair harder since the timing is different that everyone else’s. Basically you just need to learn the timing.
difficulty 3/5
Combo works the earliest at 37.

Ice Climbers
Okay now doing the Ice Climbers was a pain.
Of course you all know that this combo will not work on both Nana and Popo so this data it strictly Popo.
However it is really easy to infinite Popo
difficulty 4/5 (because you have to get rid of Nana)
Combo works the earliest at 38%.

R.O.B.
(this was one of the first people I attempted to footstool and I messed up on my error)
He is hard to get the timing down on but easy when you get it down.
difficulty 3/5
Combo works the earliest at 20%.
*combo confirmed*

Kirby
Kirby is easy to do as well. However Kirby might be able to DI and make this harder. (needs more testing)
difficulty 2/5
Combo works the earliest at 33%.

Meta Knight
Meta Knight can’t do crap.
difficulty 1/5
Combo works at 37%.
(Saltus Combo on MK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmsrrBDfTXc
*combo does not work*

King Dedede
King Dedede is another problem child. You can footstool him at low percents because he does the normal belly flop. After that however he can escape near late 70ish.
difficulty 3/5
Combo works the earliest at 50%.

Olimar
Olimar gets ***** by this really bad. The timing is real close to Toon Links. Just remember that he is a small target.
difficulty 2/5
Combo works the earliest at 13%.
*combo confirmed*

Fox
This does not in any way work on Fox. He falls way to fast.

Falco
Falco has the same problem as MK. He can’t do crap. It is notable that if you have any decay that this will not work. In that case you always have the f-tilt lock.
difficulty 3/5
Combo works the earliest at 40%.

Wolf
Wolf is a lot like Falco. If you get the first f-tilt> footstool you are set and the foe is basically dead.
difficulty 3/5
Combo works the earliest at 45%.

Captain Falcon
Captain Falcon is a problem child. He is to tall to really combo and he can only be combo’d at high percents.
difficulty 4/5

Pikachu
Pikachu is in the same boat as Toon Link and Olimar. Just get a f-tilt on him and you’re set.
difficulty 2/5

Pokemon Trainer

(Squirtle)
He has the same problem as Toon Link. He is really easy to combo.
difficulty 1/5
Combo works the earliest at 31%

(Ivysaur)
Ivysaur would get ***** by this but for some reason he auto gets up really quick after you footstool.
Thus this combo will not work on Ivysaur.

(Charizard)
Charizard was expected to be a problem child. He turned out not to be one though.
difficulty 2/5
Combo works the earliest at 45%.

Lucario
Lucario is really easy to do it to. However Lucario can escape just by DIing the f-tilt at higher percents. So this combo does not kill him.
difficulty 3/5
Combo works the earliest at 22%.

Jigglypuff
Jigglypuff is exactly like Lucario. The combo does work on him until higher percents. Other than that this is very easy to do to Jigglypuff.
difficulty 2/5
Combo works the earliest at 8%.
*she can escape the f-tilt footstool with good DI*
*combo confirmed as long as she does not DI the f-tilt correctly*

Marth
Marth is also easy to combo. So mark down yet one more high tier character.
The trick with Marth though is landing the footstool when it is DI’d. It can still be done but it just makes it harder on Sheik.
difficulty 3/5

Ike
Ike is a little bit harder to do than Marth. When the Bair lands on him he can DI it to the left or right pretty hard. So be ready to chase. Other than that he is easy to combo.
difficulty 3/5

Ness
Once again someone is in the same boat as Toon Link.
Basically to get out you need prayer.
difficulty 1/5
Combo works the earliest at 29%.

Lucas
Lucas is strange. For some reason he does not take that much knock back at low percents so this combo only works at mid percents for him. Other than that it is a piece of cake.
difficulty 1/5
Combo works the earliest at 42%.

Mr. Game & Watch
Mr. Game and Watch can escape at high percents due to good DI. However, when he does escape he is at 80ish percent which is real close to KOing percents.
Other than that he is easy.
Further testing shows that it is very hard to land the Bair on him.
difficulty 4/5
Combo works the earliest at 25%.
*combo confirmed*

Snake
Snake is just like every other tall character. He is hard to do this against. He isn’t saved though. This is still dead to him and guess what? No nades to stop us.
difficulty 4/5 (due timing)
Combo works the earliest at 43%.

Sonic
Sonic is riding with Toon Link and everyone else that I have said is in the same boat.
For some reason small floaty characters get combo’d really bad, and Sonics fits the description.
difficulty 2/5

This is still new and more info will be added as soon as it's known. I will do my best to keep this thread updated.

cutter

Smash Champion
Doesn't anyone notice that everytime something new seems to be discovered, it's some sort of ridiculous chaingrab or infinite? I just find it funny that it's kinda happening lol.

If this all turns out to be true, I give you major kudos for discovering this.

saviorslegacy

Doesn't anyone notice that everytime something new seems to be discovered, it's some sort of ridiculous chaingrab or infinite? I just find it funny that it's kinda happening lol.

If this all turns out to be true, I give you major kudos for discovering this.
I will have a video up shortly.
(tonight or Friday morning)

saviorslegacy

Only at 37% ? Or % > 36% ???
It might work at 36%. This was only discovered today. I can tell you that it will work 37% and up to 75%. (May I remind you that these numbers are not 100% legit.) (They are however pretty dagon close.)
IDK why you would want to take him past 75% though. That is in f-tilt> USmash KO range.
(Tristans thread has the exact numbers.)

My brother has the only CPU that works with the Capture Card. Right now he is playing Halo but his match is over in like 30 minutes. He told me that he would let me have it after this match is over.
It will take about 20 minutes for me to quickly compile a video.
SO I can safely say that I will have a video for you guys in roughly 1 hour.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Waiting for vids.

Really hoping something stupid like stale moves not being taken into account don't ruin it.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Ahhh ok, thx for response.
OK well, then it might be a cool thing.
Spamming needles and then doing the infi XD

But did you also tested DI and move diminishing ?

saviorslegacy

Waiting for vids.

Really hoping something stupid like stale moves not being taken into account don't ruin it.
I don't think stale moves really matter but they certainly doesn't hurt it since you are only doing two moves over and over.

:EDIT: BRO JUST GOT OFF!!!!
brb (goes to make video)

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Not to be a downer, but I doubt this works. MK's uair is TWO frames...I don't think Sheik can guarantee a ftilt to footstool without getting hit by that.

Rawnie

Smash Champion
Not to be a downer, but I doubt this works. MK's uair is TWO frames...I don't think Sheik can guarantee a ftilt to footstool without getting hit by that.
^ True. I was thinking about this to myself. Other characters like Peach can N-air out between Sheik's F-tilts and iirc Marth can DS through it. Seems like it wouldn't work if they could already esacpe another F-tilt. Something to try and test though. It could work only on some characters.

Max Ketchum

Dolphin Slash and Whirling Fortress = frame 1 invincible
MK uair = frame 2 hitbox
Peach nair and MK nair = frame 3 hitbox

I believe Yoshi's is 4, and Luigi's may be 3 or 4. These moves definitely will provide an escape. Imo, this doesn't work and is just to build hype. :/

If it does, then more power to the guy who found it.

Air dodge is frame 4.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
*Crosses Fingers*

Since I have a tournament on Saturday, I'll be able to provide extra testing in mass friendlies. Perhaps even put it into my play. I need to get better with footstools lol.

Max Ketchum

Video's not properly loading. I assume it needs more time to process.

Edit: Processed. Wow.

.AC.

Smash Lord
ok i saw it and seems inescapable if you short hop the footstool and fastfall,otherwise its escapable

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Needs more information. We need to know if the MK player is attempting to escape just after the footstool and if he can DI and attack to avoid it during the ftilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom