• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salt2, YO We on t3h lookout for dat trashcan thief!

Player-1

Smash Legend

Description:

The 2nd tournament in the SALT series. Last time we had 18 entrants and everything went very smoothly. One thing I ask is that you BE ON TIME if you just can't be on time then call me and we'll work something out. Singles will start some time during doubles, most likely near the finals match, I don't know when that will be, but don't take any chances and just be there early.

Date: 4-9-2011

Places to eat: There is a Dairy Queen within walking distance of the venue, also there is a McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, and Taco bell within 10 minutes of the venue

Schedule: Singles and Doubles registration will start at 2 doubles will start at roughly 3:30 Singles will start when doubles starts to finish.

If there is enough interest we can run a Rainbow Cruise only tournament with random characters for a $1 entry fee, all singles rules apply that don't dwell from it being random characters or Rainbow Cruise.

Contact Information: You can call my number at 678-910-8096 if you have any questions or if you're running late and need me to enter you and call your match last, etc.

Price: There is a $10 entrance fee into singles and $10 per person into doubles. There is NO door fee. This is because I am not trying to make a profit and I'm getting the venue for free. I will, however, start charging a door fee if we have a problem with setups in order to have an incentive for bringing them because I will waive the door fee. So if you don't want there to be door fee then bring setups..

Payouts: 60/30/10

Rules:

* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.
* RPS will be played for port priority
* Coaching is allowed
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well. You may also use the G&W Judgment hammer method as well to decide this.
* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color.
* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned. Extending it via the air is acceptable.
* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. The opposing party has EVERY RIGHT TO CALL A JUDGE TO DQ YOU FOR PAUSING MID MATCH TO FIX THIS. I recommend x+y+starting before each match.
* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. We do not care what the reasoning is. If you pause, you lose a stock. Unless there is a fire or the tv loses power there shouldn't be any pausing of the game period.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* If there is an action that causes a freeze that doesn't require a game reset, you must hit that player out of stun immediately. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the team that initiated the freeze glitch. (See the diddy teams freeze glitch as an example)

* Matches and Pools will be called. Do not play matches on your own. If this happens then I have the right to recall the match
* Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- Follow sudden death procedure
* Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.
* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

*"Continuous Sharking" is banned. This can be denoted as flying under the stage repeatedly with any character that can glide, just to fly back to the other side again without approaching the opponent. First offense will be a warning, 2nd will be a stock, and 3rd will be the game.

*There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 45 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.

*If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 17 for all other characters.

Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed

* In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
7. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
8. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
9. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The next match is played.
11. Repeat steps 6-10 for all proceeding matches.

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

All of these rules are subjective to change even on the day of the tournament to meet with the standards set by that tournament.

Attendance List:
Player-1
Player-3
Hichez
Zeke
Lucas
Edge
Mambo
Mc. Pee
Jamaal
NoiD
Hero Chima
Neo X
Scatt
Link Queen
Huggles
Miles
Flea
Reflex
Michaelis
Kismet
Billy
Dyno
DRN/Turtl/Chas
M2K
Kadaj
H1N1
Uncle
disasterABDUL
arch
Mercy
Sakul
iblis
Trips
Troooer
Zatch

Rainbow Cruise Tournament Rules:

There will be a Rainbow Cruise tournament for a side event here, this shiz is hyped.

-$1 entry fee, winner takes all.
-Double elimination, all sets are best 2/3 except for winner finals, loser finals, and grand finals which are 3/5.

-All rules that are in the singles rules listed above apply here unless they interfere with said rules that follow below.

-Rainbow Cruise ONLY, no exceptions, even if both players agree. Failure to follow this rule will result in DQ of both players.
-Random Characters ONLY.
-The ZSS Rule. Since you can't get ZSS from a random select a player may CHOOSE to go ZSS if and only if they randomly get Samus from the random select AND the Samus is either green, black/brown, or blue. The player does not have to go ZSS if he/she does not want to, but you MUST make the call within the first 5 seconds of the match.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Note that we can do a Rainbow Cruise and random character only tournament with a $1 entry fee, winner take all if we get enough interest =), besides that nothing is changing from the previous SALT tournament.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
RC/ Random char tourney? YESSSSSSSSSSS.

It's going to depend on how classes are going (huge Medicinal Chemistry test that Friday), but I'm gonna try to make it to this too.

Player-1

Smash Legend
any idea how to get past the caps lock block thingy? I'd like my title to be in caps, but it keeps putting it in lowercase =/

Player-1

Smash Legend
Also, we need more Wiis than TVs, if you have a small TV then don't even bother bringing it because we have a lot of those, if it's medium-big then go ahead and bring it

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'll probably be at this since it's so close to my home. My parents probably love you for hosting the tournaments so now they get to see me more often lol. I'll bring at least my Wii as usual.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Guys, I'm going to try to be stricter with the time this time. Last time the tournament didn't start for about 30-60 minutes after it was planned to give people a chance to show and because how a lot of people cancelled last minute so registration will begin at 2 ends at 3 for doubles and ends probably around 4ish for singles depending on how many teams actually enter so be here on time. The RC side event I think we can start the same time as doubles if there is enough interest

Player-1

Smash Legend
Now that G6 is over, I'm going to start trying to get some hype for this going. I'm going to get an attendance list going, who all plans on coming?

edit: aslo I got a logo for now, credit to miles for making it, it wasn't exactly what I wanted so I'm going to try to find someone who can do the design I'm thinking of or maybe come up with a new one:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Haha thanks for even considering mine P1. I hope you can find someone that can make your design ^_^

Also, me and flea plan on attending this.

I wanted to make monthly hype video's for this series but I'm waiting on CPU upgrades for that lol.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Scatt, on the account that Miles may be busy on the day of Salt, would I be able to join your carpool? If so, I can confirm. Hype:ike:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I'm gonna be there. I'm also probably going to be bringing Ryanarius with me too. We're gonna be pwning some doubles, too, so no one else really needs to even bother entering :awesome:

NoID

Smash Rookie
Should be coming to this ps chima we should team at this

troooer579

Smash Rookie
The random character tournament sounds like a lot of fun :awesome: also i might be able to come i just need a ride. Also does anyone know if billys going to the tournament too?

EDIT: Ill bring a wii and a TV, but i might need help carrying the TV

Sakul

Smash Rookie
Ill try to show up, but my parents are trying hard to schedule a vacation on that day.:mad:

If I can come ill bring a wii and no TV since you said not to bring small ones.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Attendance List:
Player-1
Player-2
Player-3
Hichez
Zeke
Lucas
Edge
Mambo
Mc. Pee
Jamaal
Harbinger
NoiD
Hero Chima
Neo X
Scatt
Link Queen
Huggles
Miles
Flea
Reflex
Michaelis
Zaatch (interested)
disasterABDUL (interested)
Dyno (interested)
Sakul (interested)
Troooer (interested)
M2K (interested)

This is the attendance list so far. Anyone know if Billy/Kismet/BigLou/anyone else will be coming?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll be sure to drag Kismet to this, and I'll ask Billy if he wants to go.

EDIT: Billy is confirmed.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Not sure if I can make it, we'll see ugh

Also if allowed, I'd like to have a vblog of the series, better promoting.

Like just a video of who placed where and pictures in the video and then like a to be continued for every salt event lol.

Top Bottom