• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Super Salem Fighters - Salem Oregon's Smash & FGC Community! [WEEKLY]

Super Salem Fighters - Salem Oregon's Smash & FGC Community! [WEEKLY]
Posted by Jaxas
The Ike Box | 299 Cottage Street Northeast - Salem OR, 97301
Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 11:30 AM
Until: Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 06:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Start: Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 11:30 AM
End: Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 06:30 PM
Start: Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 11:30 AM
End: Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 06:30 PM

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, the July 2017 Salem Smashfests PR is now live!
Congratulations to everyone who made it!

Facebook Group Template.png

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, just a heads up that there will NOT be a Salem Smashfests event this weekend, as Borderlands Games has two other large groups booking the store this weekend!
We'll be back next week though!

If you need your Smash Bros fix this weekend, you can always head to Riverside Smash (Corvallis: Friday Night | https://www.facebook.com/groups/1253062408147601/) or PDX Smash Dojo (Portland: Sunday) | https://www.facebook.com/groups/PDXSmashDojo/)

Thanks, and I'll see you next week!

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, please be aware that there will NOT be a tournament this weekend after all!
Unfortunately all the TOs are unable to make it this weekend, so we're going to have to cancel.
Instead, please either:
1) Go to Bridgetown Blitz 2 instead (https://www.facebook.com/events/1950842915189137/) or
2) Stay safe inside during the crazy Eclipse rush!
Also, if there's enough interest we may do the first Salem Smashfests Online tournament this weekend for Smash 4 - if you're interested, please reply here to let us know!
Thanks!

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Also, thanks to everyone who made it out this last Saturday!

Smash 4 Singles:
1st) SunnySunny
2nd) G~Man, TCD
3rd) BurritoLuv
ASB) Loki

Doubles:
1st) G~Man, TCD & SunnySunny
2nd) BurritoLuv & Dango

Melee:
1st) Nick
2nd) G~Man, TCD

Project M:
1st) Nick
2nd) SSF|Jaxas

I'll upload the videos as soon as I can - thanks!
http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, the recorded matches from this Saturday are now up on Youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqQIRwTV55Cjtri5L8VvzJjlabcDNKW6Y

Also, this Saturday since we won't be having our usual tournament, we'll instead be hosting the first ever official Salem Smashfests: Online Edition!
This will be for Smash 4 (Wii U) only (as Melee & P:M netplay is much harder to get set up), but if you're interested please sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/kg4rLhgkimqARoxz1

We'll be starting at 3:00pm on Saturday - be sure to fill out the form so we can contact you and get everything set up!

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, just a reminder that the Salem Smashfests Online Edition will be happening today!
It's currently scheduled to start at 3:00pm, with check-in starting in 15 minutes - if possible, please join the Salem Smashfests Discord server and post that you're here!
If you don't have a Discord, and don't want to make one for whatever reason, please message me on here as soon as possible - thanks!
https://discord.gg/FknmGhb

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Shoutouts to everyone who made it out this weekend - we managed to fill that room pretty solidly!

Smash 4: Singles
1st) Mace
2nd) CRimZ
3rd) SunnySunny
ASB) Charey

Smash 4: Doubles
1st) G~Man, TCD & SSF|Jaxas
2nd) BBoyMVB & SunnySunny

Melee: Singles
1st) Nick
2nd) CRimZ
3rd) Nerfherder

Project M: Singles
1st) G~Man, TCD
2nd) SSF|Jaxas

Thanks, and here are all the matches we recorded!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqQIRwTV55ChrT--YcRHiBoMMFVmEi67G

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey there everyone, we've got quite a few things to mention today!

==================================================
Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend!

Smash 4:
1st) SunnySunny
2nd) Tudle
3rd) BurritoLuv
ASB) BLink

Smash 4 Doubles:
1st) SunnySunny & Mayate
2nd) Charey & Rosbrac

Melee:
1st) Nick
2nd) Loki

Project M:

1st) Nick
2nd) Tudle
3rd) SSF|Jaxas

Unfortunately neither side bracket (Mario Party or Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev2) managed to finish before the venue closed, but at least everyone seemed to have a ton of fun with them - so much so, in fact, that we may be adding GG Xrd as an official bracket if the interest level stays close to what it is now!

Also, the recorded matches (Smash 4 only, unfortunately - we'll get something up and running soon, Melee & P:M!) will be uploaded shortly.

Thanks!

==================================================

Hey everyone, check out the Salem Smashfests Discord!
https://discordapp.com/invite/Fdqsd3

You can chat and play against local players, get advice on your gameplay, and more!

Currently featuring channels for Smash 4, Melee, Project: M, and the newest addition, Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev2!

==============================================

Pre-reg for this Saturday is now live! This will be the last Salem Smashfests event this month!

PLEASE NOTE: There are some schedule changes this week!

First up, the Melee and Project: M schedules have changed slightly!
Melee is now set to begin at 1:30pm, and Project: M will now be starting no earlier than 2:30pm! P:M may be delayed while we wait for Melee to finish up, but as long as you're there by 2:30pm you don't have to worry about missing it or anything!

Second, we'll be running a Bonus Bracket!
Bonus Brackets will be free entry tournaments ran at the end of the day, with Free Entry and a small Pot Bonus (generally $7-8, depending on the number of entrants).

This week's Bonus Bracket will be Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev2!
We'll be playing the Ps3 version (unless people have more setups they can bring... hint hint), and you're more than welcome to bring your own pad/fightstick! If you don't bring your own, you'll be required to use one of the two provided Playstation 3 controllers.

See you there!

https://goo.gl/forms/dvOWHhF7nSozTI9c2

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Well, since there's some discussion about this: Smash 4 entry fees!
If you play Smash 4, please let us know your thoughts!

[1] Keep the entry fee at $1! It's about practice, not money!
[2] Keep the entry at $1, but run $5 brackets sometimes (once a month?) too!
[3] Raise the entry fee to $3! Gotta have an incentive to improve!

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Shoutouts to everyone who made it out today - we had quite the crowd!

Smash 4 Singles:
1st) RCS|Braixen
2nd) CACAW|Viviff T. Handyguy
3rd) 9Tales
ASB) Bye

Smash 4 Doubles:
1st) Mace & RCS|Braixen
2nd) CACAW|Viviff T. Handyguy & 9Tales
3rd) CRimZ & Tudle

Melee Singles:
1st) Nick
2nd) RCS|Braixen
3rd) Tudle

Project M Singles:
1st) RCS|Braixen
2nd) Nick
3rd) CRimZ

Guilty Gear Xrd - Rev2 - (Not fully finished, placings inferred from bracket position)
1st) Qenzin
2nd) SSF|Jaxas
3rd) Zeno

All recorded matches - and we got all of Smash 4, Melee, and Project: M (Shoutouts to the Ps3's stupid HDCP copy protection for the lack of GGXrd recordings, by the way) - will be up on our Youtube channel soon! Thanks!

http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, pre-registration for this Saturday (October 7th) is now live!
We'll be hosting Guilty Gear Xrd -Rev2- as an official bracket as well, which will be starting between 5:30 and 6pm (depending on how the other brackets are running and the number of setups we have)

See you there!

https://goo.gl/forms/4OyesCL6rwEwYDx12

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, we've got some changes we're trying out this month!

First up, we have the new buy-in amounts we're testing!
After removing duplicate votes, the poll was actually completely even on both sides, so we're going to be trying out a mix - Smash 4 and Melee, which seemed to be the ones most interested in the increased pot, are being raised, while P:M and GG are staying (or starting, I suppose) at $1.

These are subject to change in future weeks, but right now we're looking at:
- Venue: $1
- Smash 4: $3
- Melee: $3
- Project M: $1
- Guilty Gear Xrd - Rev2: $1

Second, you may have noticed that there's a new game in that list. That's right, we're adding Guilty Gear Xrd -Rev2- as an official Salem Smashfests bracket!
Currently it's scheduled to start between 5:30 and 6pm (depending on how the other brackets are running, how many setups we have, etc).
We will at least be running the Playstation 3 version of the game, but if you have a Playstation 4 or PC that can run it, feel free to bring a setup! Just make sure that your fightsticks/gamepads work with the Playstation 3 as well, please!
We will have a few spare Ps3 controllers for anyone unable to bring their own setup, but I can't promise they're the best quality or anything unfortunately!

Finally, just another reminder that we're starting a Fighting Games Club at Chemeketa - if you want to join, please post here, message me, or best of all join the Discord server and let us know there!
Thanks!

(Discord: https://discord.gg/B9Rbg8m )

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend!

Smash 4: Singles
1st) RCS_Braixen
2nd) G~Man, TCD
3rd) CRimZ
ASB) That Guy

Melee:
1st) RCS_Braixen
2nd) CRimZ
3rd) Nick

Project M:

1st) G~Man, TCD
2nd) RCS_Braixen
3rd) SSF|Jaxas

Guilty Gear Xrd -Rev2-
1st) SirSoundwave
2nd) SSF|Jaxas
3rd) Shy

Smash 4: Doubles
1st) G~Man, TCD & MeowSombra
2nd) CRimZ & RCS_Braixen

As always you can find the brackets here at salemsmashfests.challonge.com

Match recordings will be up soon - thanks!

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, pre-registration for this weekend is now live!

HOWEVER: Please note that Super SmashNest v19 is also this weekend, and I highly recommend attending that instead!

I simply won't be making the trip up there myself, so I'll still be running the Salem Smashfests here in town for anyone else who can't make it, can't afford it, doesn't want to go, or whatever else.

There will also be a few changes this week, due to this being a "Salem Smashfests Mini":
1) All brackets are $1 for this week, since anyone who wants a higher pot can simply go to Portland for Super SmashNest
2) It's likely that we'll have a lot more spare time, so if you have a game you want to bring and do a test-run of, this is a good week to message me! Alternatively, we'll probably end up doing a lot more extra brackets than normal (doubles, crew battles, etc) - please post your ideas either on this comment or in your Pre-Reg notes!
3) Super SmashNest v19's stream will be up on a monitor somewhere in the venue (assuming no technical difficulties, anyways). Come watch with us!

SSF Mini: October 14th, 2017 Pre-Registration

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out to yesterday's Salem Smashfest!
Unfortunately due to a lack of setups we weren't able to run all the bonus brackets that we'd hoped to (shoutouts to Rosbrac and Loki for bringing the bonus games, though!), but we still had a great time!

Smash 4 Singles:
1st) Loki
2nd) BBoyMVB
3rd) Ecchi

Smash 4 Doubles:
Tied for 1st) Shy & Zeno |&| Loki & SSF|Jaxas

Melee Singles:
1st) Loki
2nd) SSF|Jaxas
3rd) DJKK

Project M Singles:
1st) SSF|Jaxas
2nd) Loki
3rd) WeL{Ike}

Guilty Gear Xrd -Rev2-
1st) SirSoundwave
2nd) SSF|Jaxas
3rd) Zeno

Thanks, and we'll see you on Saturday, October 28th!

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Wait, you say October 28th so that means there won't be a tournament on October 21st?

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Yep, unfortunately the venue has already been rented out by another group for this weekend, so we'll be taking the week off. Sorry about that!

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend! While I may have been absent for this one, I'm sure it was still a great time!

Smash 4:
1st) SunnySunny
2nd) G~Man, TCD
3rd) Tezii

Melee:
1st) The Magnum Dragon
2nd) Saucy Pirate
3rd) Rom

Guilty Gear Xrd -Rev2- (Shoutouts to Charey and CR|Ninja Asashin for stepping in to run this)
1st) Qenzin
2nd) SirSoundwave
3rd) Vanquol

Unfortunately Project: M didn't get run this week, so we'll be bumping down the attendance requirement for that from 3/8 to 2/8 weeks.

Thanks, and see you next event!

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Is there anyone here who lives in or near McMinville who goes to this tournament regularly? Because I would like to go regularly, but I don't have a car and public transportation here is sh*t. Aside from that, none of my friends really play Smash, so I can't always rely on them.

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Is there anyone here who lives in or near McMinville who goes to this tournament regularly? Because I would like to go regularly, but I don't have a car and public transportation here is sh*t. Aside from that, none of my friends really play Smash, so I can't always rely on them.
Honestly I'm not sure - if you have a Facebook or a Discord account you might wanna try posting there, since they generally get a lot more discussion.
I'll go ahead and make a post asking for now, though!

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man! I'm not in the Discord group, although I'd like to be, where could I find the link to it?

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
No problem! And thanks for the link. Did you already get to ask, or should I ask now?

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
No problem! And thanks for the link. Did you already get to ask, or should I ask now?
I asked in the Facebook group, but the only response so far has been a "maybe if I'm going" - go ahead and ask in the Discord group as well though!

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for asking for me! I just posted the question in the Discord group.

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend, and I hope that everyone who went to Fight or Flight had a great time!

Smash 4:
1st) BBoyMVB
2nd) Ecchi
3rd) BurritoLuv

Melee:
1st) MFisk
2nd) SG|Loki

Project: M
1st) SSF|Jaxas
2nd) MFisk

Guilty Gear Xrd -Rev2-
1st) Qenzin
2nd) ToxicFox

The recorded matches are uploading as this is being posted - check them out here!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqQIRwTV55ChIfHpuOvWvLgVWVc1NSRWZ

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, just a few announcements!

First up, there will NOT be a tournament this weekend (November 18th).
We'll be back on the 25th though, so if you're still in town for Thanksgiving, come play some Smash!

Second, Noh!buddy had a pretty interesting idea!

He was thinking that we could do a Project: M crew battle at some point, with the crews being "Smash 4 players" and "Melee players" (since P:M is really the closest thing to a middle-ground that we have between the two games). (Also, while P:M is definitely a bit closer to Melee in gameplay, enough of our Sm4sh players also play P:M so it'll probably end up still being a pretty balanced fight!)

We're going to be hosting this at the tournament on the 25th; so let me know if you're interested!

We're organizing it over the the SSF Discord ( https://discord.gg/Qg5kfgq ), so please head over there and let us know which game you want to play for! You can post here as well, however!
(No promises that everyone will get in - kind of hard to do that if there are say 12 Sm4sh players and 8 Melee players - but we'll see what we can do)

Specific rules are still to-be-determined, but it will definitely be streamed, there will be some sort of prize support (don't expect it to be very large though, sorry - feel free to donate towards it if you'd like, though!), and it'll be fun!

Thanks!

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Please remember that there is NOT a Salem Smashfests tournament today!

We'll be back next week though - see you then!

Top Bottom