• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salem Joins Team Liquid

salem.jpg
Esports organization Team Liquid has announced their return to the world of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U by signing #2 PGR ranked player, Saleem “Salem” Young.

Salem rose to fame during Super Smash Bros. Brawl’s days after winning Apex 2012 and beating Jason “Mew2King” Zimmerman in a close Game 5, winning his first ever tournament. During Smash Wii U’s early days, Salem’s results declined. It was not until the release of Bayonetta that he started to rise to the top, reaching a new height as a player after winning Evo 2017.

Team Liquid has history signing veteran Super Smash Bros. Melee players such as Kashan “Chillin” Khan, Daniel “Chudat” Rodríguez and the current best Melee player Juan “Hungrybox” Debiedma, but this will be their first Smash 4 signing since the team parted ways with Nairo.

Salem’s first major as part of Team Liquid will be Frostbite on February 10th and 11th. If you want to know more about Frostbite you can check out our article here.

Alberto "RedNova" Vásquez

Comments

So now the most complained about player in Smash 4 and Melee are now sponsored by the same team. (I don’t find either of them boring tbh.)

Can't find out why in the Smashwiki. It am predicting that he left on mutual terms, but I have no idea. Good thing he got sponsored again.
ok thanks man i doubt they would kick off a player like nairo when they got inactive players like ken so it was probably neutral or nairos choice

Liquid should start selling all the salt they have been collecting, they would make a bigger fortune than from their players. :troll:

They're makin money off hbox (even tho he's a complete ass) but, this is the worst decision they ever made lol

Top Bottom