• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai's "New" Fighter Theory - We Are Getting 16 More Characters!!

mewtwo_to_you_too

Smash Cadet
Okay, this is pretty simple and I'm surprised I just noticed it but we are gonna get a ton of characters dumped on us before the release. Sakurai has been misleading everyone this whole time about how many fighters are being added to the roster. From the get go during the E3 reveal, Sakurai told us not to expect too many new fighters, BUT he never said anything about echo fighters. I've watched every video revealing new characters at least a dozen times each and the recurring theme is his classification of the new roster additions. For example, Inkling, Ridley, Simon, and K. Rool are referred to almost explicitly as "new" fighters (waiting on Isabelle video). On the other hand, Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Richter were labeled as echo fighters and never mentioned as "new" to the series. Sak always does something sneaky and I think this time around he's limiting the truly new additions (maybe 3 more) to the series and dropping every possible echo fighter he can cram in. This is a wild feeling but I believe we are getting 13 more echo fighters, 3 "New" fighters, including what's been revealed my prediction is 25 total roster additions.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
OK guys and gals, think of 13 possible echos right now!
There are more than enough to be found in the Echo Fighters thread.

Ness - Ninten
Captain Falcon - Black Shadow
Bowser - Dry Bowser
Sheik - Impa
Meta Knight - Dark Meta Knight
Olimar - Alph
Snake - Big Boss
Ike - Black Knight
Sonic - Shadow
Mega Man - Bass
Ryu - Ken
Cloud - Zack