• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai to find a temporary replacement person to make the next Smash Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I found this when I was surfing the web earlier. Here is the whole thing.

In a surprising turn of events, Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai has said that he would like to find a temporary replacement to work on the next Super Smash Bros. game some day soon.

Thoguh surprising, it makes sense why he would do this, since the creator of the famous game series said that he had not been getting too much sleep when working on games like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and would thus like to take a small break, at least for the next game, while in the mean time, have someone else work on the next installment of Super Smash Bros. He has not decided who it is, but it is safe to say that Sakurai deserves a break.

"I have been working very hard lately..." The creator of the famous series said in an interview today. "I actually like to make these games for the fans, but I need to take time off for the next time around. I have been working almost non-stop to the point that I have barely been able to do anything else well. It has been affecting my ability to do other things in life, so it is imperative that I take this small break."

Masahiro Sakurai is still in the middle of making what we assume to be the last two DLC characters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. He has been working very hard with past characters of DLC and overall, has been working hard with the game itself. With that in mind, it is no surprise to see that Sakurai would say such a thing and probably work on other things such as a new Smash Bros, game.

But, while Mr. Sakurai did not say who it was that would be temporarily replacing him, he did say he would have strict guidelines for who would make the next game. In fact, Mr. Sakurai said that he would prefer his temporary successor to be as like-minded as he is when making the next game.

"I want everything for the next Super Smash Bros. to be perfect and like the past games I have made as much as possible..." Masahiro Sakurai further said in the interview today. "While I realize not everything will be perfect, I want it so my work will mostly stay intact when my successor makes the next game. I don't want too much to be different between the new Super Smash Bros. and past games, so I am going to try my best to find someone who will be able to do things the way I have done in the past."

This temporary successor, as Sakurai said, may come either HAL Laboratory or from Namco Bandai, with the HAL Laboratory candidate being more likely. Whether this person will have the fan named "Sakurai bias" remains to be seen, but it is most likely that Mr. Sakurai will try his best to find someone who will not make Super Smash Bros. different from past games as possible, and make it the way the famous creator of Smash Bros. would make it.

We will have more information to share with you about this in the near future.
Source (From IGN).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Fun fact: When the NES was around, the makers of the Lego toys tried to make a game for the NES, and it so happens that it looked something like what was shown in the video. :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom