In Famitsu Column #626, Sakurai talks about Picture of the Day [Thanks Kody NOKOLO from Source Gaming!]. Previously, he reminded fans to wait a little bit longer for Fighters Pass #10 and #11. Currently, he talks about his process of getting ready for the twitter posts that the Sora Sakurai account posts.
He takes a batch of pictures and prepares tweets about two months ahead of time. He then checks what anniversaries are on the rise, and matches those to his stock of photos. When the anniversary comes, the prepared picture from his collection is posted. He follows a few set rules:
- The anniversary of the game has to be represented in Super Smash Bros - And not just through a spirit
- For posts about a game series, the first game of the series has to have an element represented in Smash
- If he already doesn't have a picture, he will take a new one
- If two anniversaries overlap, the older one comes out first, followed by the next an hour later.
- Sometimes these anniversaries go into weekends
- He has put some kind of comment with the post
Author's Note: Wow. I had no idea that that much effort went into Picture of the Day. It is fascinating to hear about, though. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments!
Last edited by a moderator: