• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai keeps lying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
He said that he did not include Villager because Villager is not a fighting character. Then he included Villager.
He said that he did not give Snake guns because he did not want realistic guns in the game. But he included in Bayonetta and Duck Hunt Duo's gunmen who both heavily rely on realistic guns!
He said that he did not want to add Ridley because Ridley could fly freely in his own games and would be unlike himself if he could not fly freely, but he did add Charizard!
In addition he said Ridley was too big for Smash. But he added Ridley anyway!
He said that he would not include fighters from other fighting games, but he added Ryu!

And now he says that everyone is here, but he shows us a Waluigi assist trophy! WHICH MEANS THAT WALUIGI WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE

But I will forgive him this time because he did include Daisy instead and Daisy is a great waifu. (I predict that Lucina , ZSS, and WFT will lose a lot of mains in Smash Ultimate.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Everyone is here" was referring to all veterans returning

Also just because Waluigi isn't playable doesn't mean he's not here. He's IN the gmae

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"Only a fool never changes his mind", as the saying goes.

Besides, Bayonetta and Duck Hunt's guns are more on the "exotic" side of things (in the case of the latter, the Zapper's first model was grey, which got changed for obvious reasons). I honestly wonder if Marco Rossi would get the same treatment, but there's no way of knowing this as it stands or whether it would happen at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't know why I bother but:
He changed his idea about Villager, happens to everyone.
Bayonetta and Duck Hunt don't have realistic guns.
Charizard doesn't really fly freely in his debut, where he is grounded.
Ridley was too big for Smash so he was hard to add. He still did.
His quote about fighting game characters is taken out of context.
Waluigi is still here as an AT.

R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
"Everyone is here" was referring to all veterans returning

Also just because Waluigi isn't playable doesn't mean he's not here. He's IN the gmae
Here refers to the character roster. Waluigi is not in the character roster!

Last edited:

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
How is saying "Everyone is here" a lie? He literally said in the video that he meant that every playable character in the past games that have been cut or were DLC were back in the game, thats what the phrase "Everyone is here" means.
Of course he wasn't being literal, otherwise not only Waluigi but every other single nintendo videogame character would be missing.
Speaking of which, Waluigi is there, as an Assist Trophy. He has never considered Waluigi to be Playable Fighter material, so in fact keeping him as an AT is him staying true to his word lol.

daddledingo

Smash Cadet
NNID
lucamaltese1
3DS FC
0276-3432-5975
Switch FC
SW-5490-4392-0531
Your argument would work against him saying"don't expect too many more fighters"

R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
I don't know why I bother but:
He changed his idea about Villager, happens to everyone.
Bayonetta and Duck Hunt don't have realistic guns.
Charizard doesn't really fly freely in his debut, where he is grounded.
Ridley was too big for Smash so he was hard to add. He still did.
His quote about fighting game characters is taken out of context.
That is my point, Sakurai words mean nothing because he changes his plans on a whim!

Duck Hunt Duo does not, but the gunmen have realistic guns, and Bayonetta still shoots bullets which makes it kind of realistic.

Charizard can learn the move Fly since Pokemon Yellow.
Also here are some of Charizard's ingame Pokedex entries in up to gen 4 (inclusive) of Pokemon (gen 4 was the current gen in SSBB):
- "It uses its wings to fly high."
- "Charizard flies around the sky in search of powerful opponents."
- "A Charizard flies about in search of strong opponents."
- "Its wings can carry this Pokémon close to an altitude of 4,600 feet."
I am pretty sure that Charizard flying freely was pretty canon at that time.

Ridley has been added. Thereby it has been proven that he was not too big to add. The "Ridley is too big" discussion is over. Also homebrewers have added him long before Smash did. If a bunch of hobbyists can do it, then it should be easy for Nintendo's large teams of paid professionals to do it.

When daddy Sakurai says he will not include fighters from other fighting games then no force in the world, not even context, should be able to make him add fighters from another fighting game!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
That is my point, Sakurai words mean nothing because he changes his plans on a whim!
Whim means, "A sudden desire or change of mind, especially one that is unusual or unexplained." I'm sure Sakurai's change of mind is neither unusual, nor unexplainable.

Ridley has been added. Thereby it has been proven that he was not too big to add. The "Ridley is too big" discussion is over. Also homebrewers have added him long before Smash did. If a bunch of hobbyists can do it, then it should be easy for Nintendo's large teams of paid professionals to do it.
Ridley's size is smaller. An important aspect for Ridley was his "threatening presence", which Sakurai felt would be lost by making Ridley smaller. Those hobbyists don't care about Sakurai's standards.

I'm curious, do you change your mind? If so, why is it an issue if Sakurai does? It's not like he claimed to be infallible or unchanging.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How can "here" refer to the veterans? It refers to the roster! Everyone is in the roster is what he meant!
Yes. However Waluigi has never been in Smash's roster before.
Years later is not "on a whim."

I have no idea what this thread is trying to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom