• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai has an announcement he must make

He is willing to delay Smash Ultimate's release by 365 days to release a Kirby Air Ride sequel.

• Yes. This is hard to say no to.

• No. I must play Smash Bros.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Do you take the deal?
The Kirby Air Ride sequel would include 8 player offline top ride, 4 player offline city trial and air ride, 8 player LAN air ride/city trial and 8 player online all 3 modes. All Kirby colors, machines, King Dedede and Meta Knight are unlocked from start, although brown Kirby is replaced by Kirby's SSB4 black palette swap.

D

Deleted member

No! We need Smash in December. Waiting a whole year more would suck!

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Kirby's Air Ride is just Mario Kart: Smash Run edition, so I'll take Ultimate instead.

aarchak

Smash Ace
While a Kirby Air Ride sequel is extremely tempting, my hype for Smash Ultimate can only support itself for so ling and I'm not sure if I could handle a delay for a year.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
no offense, but this is the most ridiculous scenario i've ever seen...

smash is literally almost done... it's four months from release, and typically, the last few months are just for polishing things up and mass producing the game.

in what ungodly apocalypse would sakurai delay a practically finished game everyone wants more than life itself... for a year... just to develop an entirely different game from scratch in that same amount of time, that only some people would want, and CERTAINLY not more than they'd want smash?

the fact that anyone voted for air ride... well, i would say it destroyed what little hope i have left for humanity... but i haven't had hope for humanity since... ever, really.

Last edited:

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
First of all, you're in a Smash forums so your poll is kind of pointless since you can easily guess the results. Then, I agree that this is an absurd scenario since there are no reason for Sakurai to began working on a new game rather than finishing Smash Ultimate. He's working so much on that game that it's common sense that he will finish the game before working on another game.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
no offense, but this is the most ridiculous scenario i've ever seen...

smash is literally almost done... it's four months from release, and typically, the last few months are just for polishing things up and mass producing the game.

in what ungodly apocalypse would sakurai delay a practically finished game everyone wants more than life itself... for a year... just to develop an entirely different game from scratch in that same amount of time, that only some people would want, and CERTAINLY not more than they'd want smash?

the fact that anyone voted for air ride... well, i would say it destroyed what little hope i have left for humanity... but i haven't had hope for humanity since... ever, really.

I vote air ride 2 :D

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah I don't think this is the best idea out there. Sorry!

Top Bottom