• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAGAFEST Gaming Festival July 11-12

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Social Gaming in Australia
Social Gaming involves people getting together in person to enjoy PC and console games. A recent study by the Interactive Entertainment Association of Australia reported that nearly 30% of the population of Australia participates in Social Gaming on occasion. The Australian gaming industry generated 1.7 billion dollars in 2007, and is currently growing at a rate of more than 15% per annum. Australia wide, Social Gamers are largely catered for by non-for-profit volunteer organisations running LAN Parties and gaming festivals on a regular basis. In South Australia alone, around 6 events are held every month.

SAGAFest – July 11th, 2009

On July 11th and 12th 2009, the Gamers' Alliance is holding the South Australian Gaming Festival (SAGAFest), one of the largest Social Gaming events ever seen in Australia, welcoming up to 480 attendees. The event brings together volunteers from StreetGeek, IgniteLAN, AVCON, CS.Club(), WiLANga, PHLANX, Zeal and EVAC to participate in this joint spectacular.
SAGAFest is a recurring Gaming Festival, projected to be held semi-annually. Promotional material for the event will reach up to 480 attendees on the day, and a further 1000 individuals at related events. Through electronic media, the SAGAFest message will reach a further 2000 individuals across South Australia. Print and radio media coverage of the event is also expected.
The demographic of SAGAFest attendees is projected to centre around a 15-30 year old age group, with gender balance expected to be around 75% male and 25% female. SAGAFest ‘09 focuses on community and friendly, social gaming activities, omitting high-stakes competitive games. The line-up brings together a huge variety of gaming-related activities, attempting to expose attendees to an exciting sampling of the gaming world.
The event offers a fully gigabit PC network with tightly regulated internet access. A console section exists with a number of consoles and games provided.

The Gamers’ Alliance
The Gamers Alliance is a coalition of gaming-related groups from all over South Australia who have come together to create and run a large event for the Social Gaming community. The objective of the event is to raise the profile of the Social Gaming industry, and attract a wider demographic to enjoy Social Gaming.

Tickets
SAGAFest tickets come in two types: Allocated Seating and Social. Allocated Seating tickets are suitable for PC gamers, and for console gamers who are bringing a console for their own exclusive use. Attendees who are playing only on shared consoles, or who are bringing a console for shared use, purchase a Social ticket. Ladies pay half price for all ticket types.

Allocated Seating: $25 Male, $12.50 Female
Social: $15 Male, $7.50 Female

These prices apply up until midnight on the night of Friday July 3rd (one week before the event), after which ticket prices will increase by $5 ($2.50 for females). Please ensure that you use your correct name and address when purchasing tickets, as valid photo ID will be required to verify your identity on the day!

On the day
When doors open in the morning of Saturday July 11th, attendees will present their ID at the door to gain admission. Sponsors’ stalls will already be in place, and the opening ceremony will commence one hour after the doors open, followed immediately by the first PC and Console tournaments.
The day is punctuated by VIP matches of Warhammer and DnD, as well as tech talks given by game design companies and gaming societies. Scheduled games continue throughout the Saturday night.
Sunday sees the “In Real Life” (IRL) games series begin, featuring the famous home-grown game Frizbeemark.
Towards the end of the Sunday afternoon, the closing ceremony will be held, with presentations for major prize winners, and awarding of the door prizes from title sponsors, including Allneeds Computers.
Sunday evening, the SAGAFest experience comes to a close, and tired and weary gamers, satisfied by an action-packed weekend, pack up their rigs and make their way home.

Tournament Details
The preliminary line-up for games include:

PC
• Team Fortress 2
• Left4Dead
• CounterStrike Source
• Warcraft III Tower Defence
• Unreal Tournament III
• Warsow
• Teeworlds
• Quake III Corkscrew
• Call of Duty 4 Promod Double Elimination 5v5
• Race Driver GRID Free For All
• Track Mania Nations

Console
Playstation 3
• Grand Turismo 5 Hotlap
• Street Fighter 4 1v1 Double Elimination
• Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection 1v1 Double Elimination

Nintendo Wii
• Super Smash Brothers Brawl 1v1 Double Elimination
• Super Smash Brothers Brawl 2v2 Triple Elimination
• Mario Kart Wii 4-way Knockout
• Wii Tennis 2v2 Knockout

Xbox 360
• Gear of War 2 4v4 Double Elimination
• Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock 1v1 Double Elimination
• Halo 3 4v4 Round Robin

Visit the SAGAFest website for more details:
www.gamersalliance.net.au

Ant1

Smash Ace
I bet twilightdawn will come to this one for GuitarHero, if that happens we are all screwed. No one is Australia can beat him lol.

@Condog: Well why does Rocky have to be in Melbourne?
And more importantly, why does Genesis have to be in America :(

Ant1

Smash Ace
Me thinks he needs to change that to double elimination. No one is gonna beat me and DJB anyway, and i don't think people will find it fun losing 3 times.

Even though at reloaded we just won, IIRC we made multiple stupid mistakes.
If only we got the recording of that, where i won because of Snake's box taunt. It was the ultimate pro tactic, and no one saw it coming.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
The triple elim may be changed. If we get heaps of teams we are gonna have to change it anyway.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Sounds really good.

Shame its on the same date as WinterSmash up here in Brisbane.
But maybe I'll come anyway and run away from my responsibility's. :p:laugh:

Oooohhh, will there be N64 at this?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Tickets will be on sale at this Weekends Streetgeek Lan.
By monday they should be available to buy online or from a few places on monday.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Very Simple flyer I made. I think theres a better one but I cant find it. Post them elsewhere, even print some out and hand em out or post em places if you can.

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
I already have my tickets since long time ago when I heard of SAGAfest well maybe not. if anyone doesn't know(I don't think I told anyone) Chris won't be coming to SAGAfest but he might come at midnight he is not sure because he has work so if Twilight dawn no one can even have a chance of winning GH3 tourney.

Eagle

Smash Lord
The Brawl 1v1 is at 11:30 tomorrow.

I haven't played Brawl ever since last StreetGeek so I'm a lil' rusty. My Fox will still eat Ant though. ;)

Ant1

Smash Ace
I am getting tired of brawl, recently i've been getting more into Warcraft 3 custom maps and Guitar Hero.
Maybe it's because i've accomplished what i set out to do (win with ganon) and that there is nothing left for me to prove.
I'll prolly play Snake or MK coz they are more fun to play.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Why is Gran Turismo 5 on that list?

I mean, sure, I'd love to see it played competetivly if it was released.

But it isn't.

Lol.

Unless you're playing Prologue? Lol.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
SAGAFEST 2009
Adelaide, Australia
July 11th 2009
entrants 35 entry $15

Smash Bros Brawl 1v1
1 - Ant (Snake)
2 - DJBrowny (Lucario/Wario/Snake/Sonic)
3 - W150 (Olimar/Kirby)
4 - Hybrid (MK/Falco/Snake)
5 - Chirpin (G&W)
5 - Apollo (ZSS)
7 - Desert Eagle (Fox)
7 - Jamage (Wolf/Ganondorf/R.O.B/Toon Link)
9 - Asura (G&W/MK)

**** the grand finals were close lol, every match went to last stock > 100% pretty much

Last edited:

Zero

Smash Hero
lol playing the person who knows you most in a final must suck the most.

Good stuff Apollo, repping ZSS like a real man! Next time you'll make top 2, with our epic training and stuff.

Eagle

Smash Lord
So disappointed that I couldn't beat Hybrid!

I wanted to play DJB again... :(

And bah, 7th.

The tournament was split into two sides sort of thing, and most people that come on this site were on one side except for one lucky so-an-so called Wi50 (I want my $2 back! :D) who was on the other side and went against people that were there just for fun and he didn't have to vs Ant until like the winners finals.

Anyways... I had a great time but it was really really cold at night.

And the 2v2 was awesome against Jamage and Hybrid. :D

Browny

Smash Hater
Cold Cold Cold

I was on fire in guitar hero round one I cant believe how well I did. I will probably not surpass those scores for many months to come. Non stop cage matches and Texas Duelist Pro made this so awesome lol, that stuff is much more fun than normal brawl :p GGs everyone

Ant1

Smash Ace
I can't believe i lost ttfaf in the last section of the song. Slash Guitar Battle is now my best song to win at, i just do so well at it. God knows how Tobbygnome sucked at it, but could play we three kings incredibly well.

Yeah W150 had hell easy bracket. Olimar is still as annoying as hell. Poor Apollo he screwd up the dash atk regrab combo with ZSS on my snake.
I think i set a new record dmg % in doubles with snake.,

580% dmg given to 205% dmg taken. F-tilts for all!

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
Eagle you came 7th with me geez that makes me feel bad
hey CHIRPIN 5TH!?!?!?!?!?! well he probably got the easy match up you know Blue bomber, Whitey, Razzberry etc etc.

And DJB I have to admit on that operation ground and pound you did so well is intro (got it complete)
I was so amazed but....... I beat you on the Halo song
oh and Texas Duelist Pro was very fun thx for introducting it to me.

Btw is 2v2 me and David.s almost beat DJB and Ant both matches I think were one life each and both of them on 130% dmg even on one round I died and DJB did and Ant's Snake Utilted David
and DJB you got so angry at Ant I mean you started swearing at him and stuff and Ant didn't even care lol.

Oh and btw I main Falco now :D

Eagle

Smash Lord
He wouldn't swear at you if you get out of my grab reach more often. ;)

I mean that Brawl with DK wise. Thank God it's smashboards and it will be understood accordingly.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Awesome Lan indeed. My wolf owning Asura and David s 2v1 was awesome :D. Lol Asura has a new main again, changing names again also?

Hybrid and I vs Eagle and W150 were epic matches and were so close, great games guys.

2v2 Results
1st: DJB - Snake/Wario/Sonic? and Ant - Snake ?
2nd: Desert Eagle - DK and W150 - Olimar/Kirby
3rd: Jamage - Wolf/ROB and Hybrid - MK/Snake/Falco

Hybrid and I also won the Wii Tennis 2v2 :D
Blue Bomber, Whitey, Chirpin and I won both the Gears of War 2 4v4 and the Halo 3 4v4 :D:D:D

Browny

Smash Hater
were you the only 4 guys there who actually play GOW2? lol

2vs2 might as well have me as just Wario. I think I used Sonic, Marth and Metaknight once, rest was Wario.

wh1te5had0w

Smash Journeyman
It's been a long time since i have posted here last :/ and eagle I can beat you any day :p I have mained the two most awesome characters on the brawl list, Olimar and Kirby lol. I was so lucky at the tourney I got to vs people who only plays brawl once every month :)

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
It's been a long time since i have posted here last :/ and eagle I can beat you any day :p I have mained the two most awesome characters on the brawl list, Olimar and Kirby lol. I was so lucky at the tourney I got to vs people who only plays brawl once every month :)
Excuse me I play it twice a month :p

Olimar is gay and I should have beaten ur Kirby but once again I couldnt quite get the finish.

Top Bottom