• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Safe Forward Smash Thread: Ishieymoro is in denial about liking asian girls right now

castorpollux

Smash Champion
So basically I was watching old Lucien videos and came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LK5G5zZkx8&t=1m0s

Since Wofl is so good with shield pressure, maybe if we can figure out the exact size of a shield so that our fsmash would break it, that would be awesome.

Also, a charged fsmash is safe on shield if they are near the edge (caz it'll push them off)

Just food for thought

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm glad you went back to doing somewhat useful things here :p

Well, on the topic of fsmash, it's sometimes effective from close range because you end up behind your opponent and they shieldgrab or whatever after hit confirmation, leaving them open to punishment. Unless they're not stupid or have an OoS option that'll hit behind them. Then this kinda fails.

Another more useful trick is to use fsmash when your opponent is shielding on the edge of a platform because you'll both fall off and then you can bair them ;D

Charged fsmash is good though, people aren't very good at dealing with charged moves. It'll be useful out of dthrow at mid %s I think, since people usually shield out of fear or throw out a quick jab/tilt to stop dashes.

Also, I still like asian girls, jeez. It's just time for a change, so I'm taking a break, no need to get fussy over it :p

This is the part of my post where I acknowledge that I didn't really comment on what you posted about fsmash, but whatever. Figuring out the exact size is Smash Lab work, but I'll try this out a bit more next time I'm playing Brawl :3

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yeah, this is why I Fsmash people who getup and are near the stage. It never works though lol. They always just get shield pushed and grab the edge.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I've stopped using that move almost completely. Guess imma start at zero with that move again and implement it anew into my game and see how I look at the move now. Semifer uses it kind of a lot.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Fsmash is the best punisher :wolf: has because it has everything a punish move should, which is a high damaging attack, range, and it won't be used to kill later. Our Fsmash has two weaknesses sadly, which is being horribly unsafe on block and that it can be SDI'd.

:018:

:phone:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I like this thread. I try to sometimes but my god I feel like Wolf's moves are so hard to break people's shields with. I'll try to see about this at my next tourny. No wii -_-

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Joe, for a punish move our fsmash has kind of too much start-up lag too. Well, not too much but 7 frames of shielddrop and 10ish frames start-up - you won't punish a lot of stuff with that except very unsafe moves or upon a powershield.

IMO dsmash is a better punishing move.

Laem

Smash Champion
Which frame is fsmash exactly? Been wondering for a while, and now I'm asking here and still not look it up myself :)

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I've always thought to not use Dsmash and keep it as fresh as possible. I only use it to punish. I find that it works really well as a punisher at the level I play.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
if you use D-smash at lower percents, it will be fresh when you are ready to kill, I usually use it from like 18-50% and then make sure I keep that and fair available for kills. However, free damage is damage, so if you can only hit with a fair/dsmash, do it. Then spam lasers for like 50 seconds.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
if you use D-smash at lower percents, it will be fresh when you are ready to kill, I usually use it from like 18-50% and then make sure I keep that and fair available for kills. However, free damage is damage, so if you can only hit with a fair/dsmash, do it. Then spam lasers for like 50 seconds.
Sounds about right. I was looking at my saved videos and I punish landings with Wolfs Fsmash. Most of the time it's the very tip. I guess some people don't expect it to go as far as it does? Anyway, I use it to punish AD to the ground. Zone the a lil with bair, bait the AD and Fsmash. Thats what usually happens.
(I'm not a wolf main, but I've been playing him since the game first came out)

Top Bottom