• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sacred Stones randomiser run | Chapter 16: yes, this still exists

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Saleh shows up in the preparations screen, and this time he's the Pupil:

Character | HP | Str | Skl | Spd | Lck | Def | Res
Saleh | 20% | 20% | 105% | 5% | 5% | 15% | 90%
...Why is everyone getting rubbish Spd growths now? Also, he got Pupil 3, which means he can't be promoted (Forde, the other not rubbish trainee, got Journeyman 2, which gives him the option of going to either Hero or Journeyman 3.)

Another monster-heavy map. **** the Mogalls in particular.

**** the Baels on the mountains too.

It's just another rout map. Boring. Stuff dies, the end. No nasty surprises to report. Up the narrow mountain path we go--

...wait what the **** where did this lot come from? Luckily bootleg Lancereaver Eirika was on hand to lure them to their doom while everyone else just sort of ran away... then I saw the Axereaver guy and had to quickly send in Swordslayer Forde to save her:

For those who don't know, you can use the Trade screen to change another unit's equipped weapon - just "trade" their currently equipped weapon with the one you want them to use. For some reason the Axereaver guy still attacked her even when it could have destroyed Forde.

Dozla proving his worth here. I love that no damage *tink* sound.

oh wait I almost forgot about Ewan

Ewan | 45% | 5% | 50% | 105% | 5% | 60% | 10%
Oh great, back to the crappy Str/Mag growths again. Yay. Everything else is okay, but it doesn't matter much if he's still dealing zero damage. Could probably have just left him in his house, really, for all the use I'll get out of him.

aw c'mon I was almost done. Reinforcements in these games need a lot of reworking, honestly, it's just dumb when they show up literally right before the end of a map when all their allies are already dead. At that point it's just a waste of time dealing with them. Not to mention that it takes them ages to reach me because they start off way up in the mountains.

Another rubbish boss. He died.

Infinite use poison sword? Hey, not bad.

Incidentally, there appears to be a bug in the opening cutscene of this chapter with Valter and Cormag, where it crashes as Cormag goes to leave the castle. Luckily it's easily enough avoided by just skipping the cutscene.

Technically this is classed as a survival map, but you can also complete it earlier by killing the boss. So without further ado, I present "Why you don't get two dancers, Part IV" - now in video form!
(I missed the first turn, but not much happened there anyway other than getting people into position and clearing out one or two dangers.)
This is exactly the map I had in mind when I talked about abusing the potential of two dancers to the max. :p

I guess I do miss out on Cormag by doing this, though. Apparently he was a mage with a stupid high Def growth and not a whole lot else to boast of. Oh well.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wow I totally forgot about this thing

I never really liked this map. It's kind of dull. You're just slowly trudging up corridors and picking enemies off until you reach the throne room.

But since everything happens in such narrow corridors, it means Innes gets plenty of action, and the throne room is almost empty by turn 3.

Apparently Javelins give +5 spd, which is annoying as hell when nearly every armour knight on the map has one.

Seth gets berserked. Whoops. Doesn't matter too much since the corridors mean it's easy to keep my own units away from him and just let him nuke stuff, but still lame.

Reinforcements. Bah. **** these guys. Nobody can even double them.

...wait why can I drop a rescued unit onto the wall? The ****?

The ****? I'm guessing this is some bug with the randomiser, but still. Wow. Of course, I'd never abuse something like this, right?

...Right?

...Right? rip on that hit rate, though

Doesn't seem to work on Eirika, though. So I can't just skip the chapter with it even if I want to.

Carlyle's a female mage now. Neat. She still dies easily, though.

Joshua gets his sword, but he can't use it. Aren't things bad enough for the poor guy in this run? I kinda want to un-bench him out of pity now.

also I just remembered I forgot to get Rennac. Meh. He sucked anyway. Yet another 5% Str growth unit.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
That's like, the second best SS chapter, shut up
Try looking past your Joshua bias for once in your life. :p

I just don't like stuff like the long corridor around the top of the map to the throne room area. It's like four or five turns of nothing but moving people around. I suppose it works as like a calm section before you storm the throne room if your archer hasn't already morphed through the wall and cleared it out, but meh.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ok, fine
*Takes off glasses*
What chapters does Lyon appear again?
Well, he's in this one and-- hey wait a second, you can't cheat me like that damnit

I think we agree that the next chapter is pretty good, though. Valter time. But I dunno when I'll get around to that one. Maybe next week if I remember it.

D

Deleted member

Scorched Sand is my favorite FE chapter. Period.
Two of my favorite villains as bosses, a good desert map and some sweet sweet boss convos.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Last one before Ultimate drops. Gotta kill time somehow. :p
Finally a fun map.

Joke's on them, I'm not using any mounted units (except Dozla, but eh). Besides, who cares about movement restrictions when you have two dancers?

Let's check the bosses first this time, since they're part of the main draw of this map:

Wow, check those defences. This guy is going to be a pain to bring down... right?

**** you Valter. That Hammerne staff is just annoying. Can't steal staves in this game. Such a tease. -.- I'm laughing at him having the S-rank in staves to go with it, though.

Seth quickly mops up the north-west area and reaches Caellach in record time. Caellach dies in great pain. One down.

Meanwhile the others focus on the greater threat in the southern area, but Gilliam gets poisoned because apparently Iron Blades do that now. Bah.

Oh hey, I almost forgot about this junk. Finally a stat booster I can use on Eirika. :p

Eventually Ephraim and co. turn up.
Ephraim | 20% | 45% | 80% | 15% | 30% | 45% | 105%
Duessel | 75% | 60% | 35% | 35% | 10% | 15% | 80%
Knoll | 40% | 55% | 60% | 30% | 45% | 15% | 25%

Ephraim's HP and Spd suck but at least he's not too bad in other areas.

Duessel sucks. What are these bases? At least the Shamshir might be useful on someone.

Knoll is... wait, is that... a cleric?
Who gives a **** about his stats? I finally have a ****ing healer, thank the gods.

Ephraim gets to work right away, exploding some losers with the Killer Lance.

Oh gods I missed being able to do this. Oh, that's good.

Anyway, nothing much happens after this until it comes time to clear out Valter.

Unfortunately, dark mage Valter is kind of lame to fight against. Nowhere near as strong as usual. My hunger remains unsatisfied.

D

Deleted member

May the best chapter bless us with some good TGA announcements

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I swear I'll actually finish this thing eventually

ok so does anyone actually remember what the **** I was doing here, because I don't

I gave Eirika the Swiftsole anyway because she's the lord and that's what you do with movement-boosting items. So now she has 9 move and she hasn't even promoted yet.

Anyway, onward to reclaiming Renais castle.

...Oh, it's this prick. Okay then.

New recruit from the deploy screen - Myrrh:

Myrrh | 165% | 100% | 70% | 80% | 90% | 65% | 5%

Okay, Myrrh is pretty ****ing busted. As per usual, I guess. Only problem is that starting as a prepromote makes her a bit of a slow starter, so it might take a while for her to catch up.

ok I remember this chapter now, the whole thing is really cramped and tight corridors like this until the open area where the boss is. Not the most ideal for how I'm playing the game, but eh.

Finally we have our first promotion - Gilliam! I went with Wyvern Lord for better caps and sword access.

It makes his move even worse, though - down to 5 from 6. Bleh. Should probably have given him the Swiftsole instead.

At this stage in the map I'm faced with deciding whether I want to get the chests, or just run up and nuke Orson.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I decided to go with the more direct "**** you Orson" option. Left is the "before" shot, and right is the "after" shot.
(Don't try this at home, the Bolting and Purge dudes are really annoying because they do a ton of damage against Seth's low Res. I'm still surprised it actually worked and I wasn't sent back to the start for my audacity.)

Here's what Orson looks like. Looks tough, but he comes with a Swordreaver axe, which means Seth can do this:

So that's that for this chapter, but not before Eirika finally promotes:

Ephraim will be waiting a little longer until he gets closer to level 20.

Also Sieglinde is unbreakable and gained +2 Mt over the standard game. About the only criticism I can make of it is that 1-range lock is kinda lame by this game's standards. :p

As for Siegmund, it got upgraded to 1-2 range, at the cost of 1 Mt. Seems like a fair enough trade to me. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks for reminding me there isn't a single bad SS chapter. I love that starting on Ch14 it's just climax after climax
ok so does anyone actually remember what the **** I was doing here, because I don't
Me whenever I boot up an RPG I haven't played for months

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Thanks for reminding me there isn't a single bad SS chapter. I love that starting on Ch14 it's just climax after climax
I seem to remember the map with the Gorgon eggs being kind of "eh", but even that has its moments at least for the story. I guess I'll find out if I'm remembering it correctly soon. ...Eventually. ...Probably.

But other than that they're all pretty good. Maybe because this is shorter than other games, so where other games would still have like 10 chapters left at this stage, this game only has 5 more. So they could have cut out a lot of the filler they'd have had otherwise, and just keep the good stuff.

Me whenever I boot up an RPG I haven't played for months
At least in FE it's not too bad since you can just go to the next chapter and start from there. While in other RPGs you boot up and you're just in some village, and you have no memory of this place, and no idea where you've been or where you're going to, and you have to run around the entire map a dozen times until you eventually stumble upon wherever it is you were supposed to be. And then you have no idea what to actually do once you're there.

D

Deleted member

At least in FE it's not too bad since you can just go to the next chapter and start from there. While in other RPGs you boot up and you're just in some village, and you have no memory of this place, and no idea where you've been or where you're going to, and you have to run around the entire map a dozen times until you eventually stumble upon wherever it is you were supposed to be. And then you have no idea what to actually do once you're there.
Damn, now I realize how hard it must be to be an amnesiac protagonist

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Now I'm reminded of my FE7x playthrough I literally only did 1 chapter of...

The reason why I'm playing Tales of symphonia with a spoiler free guide. Literally just use it to direct me from locations cause I take breaks then forget where I need to go.

Top Bottom