• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sacred Stones randomiser run | Chapter 16: yes, this still exists

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Thought this might be fun; FE8 is one of the easier games in the series, and I've never done a randomiser run before, so might as well spice the game up a bit, right?

For those who don't know: a randomiser run is where things like units' (both enemy and playable) stats, classes, growth rates, equipment, weapon attributes, and so on and so forth, are... er, randomised. You could get revenant Artur with 100% strength and skill growth and who ends up being the best unit who ever lived (or didn't live, being that he's a revenant), or cleric Joshua with 300% Luck growth and 5% in everything else, and he ends up being useless.
(For the sake of not making the game literally unplayable, some things, like the Lords, haven't been randomised, though the tool I used does offer the option to do so.)

I have absolutely no idea what the randomiser produced. So I don't even know if the game is going to be beatable. :p The list of changes are listed here, you lot can look at it if you like and tell me if you think I can actually beat the game with what it's giving me; I promise I haven't looked at it myself. Likewise, don't tell me what's coming until I've actually seen it myself (you can still meme on me if you think I'm screwed, just try to be somewhat oblique about what sort of misery lies in wait for me). :p

I'm also letting people here decide if I'll go for Ephraim or Eirika's route. For the poll, because I can't have multiple polls to a thread, there are actually two questions in there; question 1 is "do you think I can beat the game", and question 2 is "Ephraim or Eirika's route". You can pick two options, so make sure you don't pick both options of only one question. :p The poll runs for a week, though the question of Ephraim vs. Eirika's route might be resolved sooner than that depending on how quickly I can get to that point of the game.

Might also consider streaming a bit too, if people are interested in that. I'll post regular updates here anyway, since that is kind of the point of the thread.

For anyone who wants to try their own randomiser run, you can get the randomiser tool from here. As for finding a copy of the game, you're on your own there.

also, some boring moderator stuff: please put story spoilers in appropriately marked spoiler tags (include the chapter number in the title, specify if it's Ephraim or Eirika's route, etc). If you forget, I'll just edit them in myself and poke you about it a little since this is a reasonably old game, but in future when Three Houses and any other future games are released, I'll be cracking down hard on unmarked spoilers. So might as well get in the habit early, yeah?

------------
So with that out of the way, let's begin...
...oh, and Seth's already dead.

It even plays his death scene and the music, and his map sprite vanishes and everything, which is really interesting since the battle is scripted (I wonder, if Valter had attacked Eirika instead and killed her, would it cause a game over?). But of course this is the Sacred Seth, so he still lives anyway, returning from the great beyond to rescue Eirika from Valter.

As we've just seen, apparently Joshua got a haircut and decided to join the knights of Renais instead of becoming a professional gambler:

Meanwhile Eirika has this interesting piece of equipment in her inventory:

This just shouldn't be legal. :p

But Seth gets an even better one:

A 1-2 range brave sword that's effective against fliers. Perfectly fair and balanced, right? I wonder where the catch is. Eirika probably has like 1% Str growth or something.

Here's the boss, he didn't last long with this sort of nonsense flying around, even despite some nonsense of his own (a 1-2 range lance boss against two swords in the prologue? really?):

So yeah, there's a taste of some of what you can expect from something like this. :p Might do chapter 1 in a bit, though it's getting late here so I might just wait until tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

You should definitely use Joshua when you get him btw

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
But I already have him, or at least his twin brother
Hmm. Is this just you being biased, or does he suck that badly here? :p Guess I'll find out soon enough.
Do you at least want to know the growth rates of the units you have, or just hope the unit you are using has a good spread rather than a bad one?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Do you at least want to know the growth rates of the units you have, or just hope the unit you are using has a good spread rather than a bad one?
Hm... On one hand it'd definitely be helpful to know, but on the other hand I kind of want to be surprised.
But I'd rather actually be able to finish the game, so I guess I'll go with knowing for the units I have.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
It already seems like you're good to go lol.

Which, given how the RNG gods work, means that it can only go downhill from here.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also I tested out a randomized setup for FE7... Lyn became a Pirate. All Iron axes now act like Venin Axes, so I'm going to deal with poison for a while ...yay...
Also Batta is a Lord now lmao
Edit: I'm shook

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But I already have him, or at least his twin brother
Hmm. Is this just you being biased, or does he suck that badly here? :p Guess I'll find out soon enough.
It's because it's mother****ing Joshua dude
Also I tested out a randomized setup for FE7... Lyn became a Pirate. All Iron axes now act like Venin Axes, so I'm going to deal with poison for a while ...yay...
Also Batta is a Lord now lmao
Edit: I'm shook
Love me a role reversal

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
fire-emblem - randomized_04.png

I think this is a first for everyone here. He did 14 damage on 92% hit to me thanks to effective damage, I lived, did 3 damage on a 47% hit, but died to Poison....
It's funny I randomized character order, but still got Lyn.

Edit: It's unbeatable unfortunately.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
(Ignore the poll having one extra vote on everything, I'm lazy and just wanted to be able to see the results without needing an extra click to do so)

It's because it's mother****ing Joshua dude
I wish the randomiser did hair colours too. If Joshua actually had purple hair like in your avatar, you wouldn't even need to tell me to use him.
(I like red hair too, but purple > red. That's one of the basic rules around here. :p )

View attachment 166531

I think this is a first for everyone here. He did 14 damage on 92% hit to me thanks to effective damage, I lived, did 3 damage on a 47% hit, but died to Poison....
I think you can have this happen on hard mode by not using the vulnerary? I'm pretty sure I tried to make that happen once. Been a while, though, so I might be remembering wrong or confusing it with something else.

D

Deleted member

(Ignore the poll having one extra vote on everything, I'm lazy and just wanted to be able to see the results without needing an extra click to do so)

I wish the randomiser did hair colours too. If Joshua actually had purple hair like in your avatar, you wouldn't even need to tell me to use him.
(I like red hair too, but purple > red. That's one of the basic rules around here. :p )

I think you can have this happen on hard mode by not using the vulnerary? I'm pretty sure I tried to make that happen once. Been a while, though, so I might be remembering wrong or confusing it with something else.
I love Joshua's hair as is though. But actually, would a palette randomizer be doable? I'm not sure how exactly GBA FE is programmed so I wouldn't be able to tell.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Lyn's new growths as a pirate...
HP Growth 35%
STR/MAG Growth 5%
SKL Growth 160%
SPD Growth 5%
LCK Growth 45%
DEF Growth 35%
RES Growth 40%

She's worse than vanilla...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I love Joshua's hair as is though. But actually, would a palette randomizer be doable? I'm not sure how exactly GBA FE is programmed so I wouldn't be able to tell.
Not saying I don't like his regular hair, just that I'm biased in favour of purple. :p

I'm inclined to think not, since unlike, say, the Awakening/Fates kids, I'm pretty sure portrait colours are hard-coded. But I've seen some pretty crazy **** hacked into these games over the years, so I feel like someone could probably do something of the sort with enough effort.

STR/MAG Growth 5%
SKL Growth 160%
Have fun with all those crits, too bad 0x3 is still 0
bring back the Genealogy crit formula, IS

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm kind of sad I don't get to play this setup.
I just looked at what Oswin became...
Geitz: Mage
Original on Left, New on right
HP Growth 90% 35%
MAG Growth 40% 80%
SKL Growth 30% 50%
SPD Growth 30% 95%
LCK Growth 35% 5%
DEF Growth 55% 5%
RES Growth 30% 5%

Glass Cannon to the Extreme!

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Time for part 2!
So in this chapter we meet Franz and Gilliam. Normally they're a cavalier and knight respectively, here they're...

Oh, Franz is a knight anyway.

Ironic. Franz is just not even bothering to look at Gilliam, like "yeah, you might wanna rethink that, bro".

And as for Gilliam:

...Is this Haar in disguise? Like seriously, these are just silly stats for a wyvern knight to have, in chapter 1 of all places. rip 6 move, though

Low luck stats seem to be the order of the day, though. Wonder if it's a bad omen.

Turns out Iron Lances are 1-2 range too, this is just getting ridiculous. Though their ranged attacks work by summoning down lightning bolts upon the target, so they're cool, I guess?

I like Franz' knight palette. Can I make him a knight permanently in the actual game?

Also our first level-up, to Eirika:

+2 speed, nice. So she's got at least 101% Spd growth, meaning she's guaranteed to get at least +1 spd at every level.

Here's the boss, he got turned into a Mogall:

Never seen a broken description like that before... Turns out the Crimson Eye got 1-2 range and the brave effect. Ended up needing Seth to deal with him, nobody else could take the hits without dying.

Oh, luckily I didn't get any poisoned Iron Axe shenanigans. :p

More newcomers: Vanessa, Moulder, Garcia, and Ross. First, let's start with Garcia and Ross:

Another knight, yay. A Tarvos is cool, though. Also slim lances got the 1-2 range treatment as well. What's a javelin?

Vanessa got turned into a skeleton:

And as for Moulder, well:

...y'know what, I'm doing more of these randomiser runs if this is the sort of luck I get. I want fanart of dancer Moulder on the double.

Normally the first order of business on this map is to get Vanessa over to pick up Ross and bring him to safety, whereupon Eirika can recruit him. But here, I shipped Gilliam over via Moulder's dancing (that's gonna take a while to get used to) to haul Ross out of danger.

Somehow the boss didn't get affected by the randomiser too much:

8-move brigands, though. I was lucky to get to the bottom village in time to save them, but...

Vanessa can't move. Tactical genius right here, folks. Gilliam to the rescue once more, I have a feeling he'll be doing that a lot in this run.

Thieves are counted as a special class, and therefore aren't included in the randomisation, so Colm is as he normally is. Neimi underwent something of an upgrade, though.

I might actually use her now. :p

This chapter is otherwise pretty ordinary. Nothing unusual to report, really, except that Steel Axes are now brave weapons. Even the boss was just another brigand that didn't get randomised:

Dull.

I guess a quick update on some of my units' stats, for those interested:

Eirika is pretty good here. Having a guaranteed Spd growth at every level is nice, and her Str and Skill are not half bad either. Though she's getting no HP or Def levels, so she's turning into something of a glass cannon (just like normal, really). A prf 1-2 range anti-infantry weapon is just icing on the cake.

Gilliam is the other beast of the team. For a low-level unit like him these stats are pretty silly. No Str gains so far is a little worrying, though.

Seth is Seth.

The rest are yet to gain any levels or do anything of significance.

And that's all for now. More tomorrow at some point, probably.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure Brigands aren't affected by the randomizer either, likely due to Mountain and Peak terrain shenanigans.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Pretty sure Brigands aren't affected by the randomizer either, likely due to Mountain and Peak terrain shenanigans.
Makes sense. They're probably counted as "special" classes alongside Lords and Thieves, then, and I excluded those from the randomiser since otherwise you could end up with a situation where you have no Lord in your party and you're unable to complete seize maps (I forget if this game attaches that ability to Ephraim and Eirika individually, or to the Lord class itself, it's inconsistent between games).

D

Deleted member

Makes sense. They're probably counted as "special" classes alongside Lords and Thieves, then, and I excluded those from the randomiser since otherwise you could end up with a situation where you have no Lord in your party and you're unable to complete seize maps (I forget if this game attaches that ability to Ephraim and Eirika individually, or to the Lord class itself, it's inconsistent between games).
Iirc, it's tied to Eirika and Ephraim the same way their legendary weapons are but I'm not sure.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
> Never-before-seen horrors

Yeah, we've only got three of them in our party.

Here's what became of Artur:

Another knight. Lame. He does have this, though:

Even I've never heard of the Bright Lance before now. Apparently, it was only available from an event in Japan in 2004, and there's no legal means of accessing it in the NA or PAL versions. As the description says, it's effective against monsters, and also:

Yup, a 60-use brave weapon, effective against monsters, on a map full of monsters. Not half bad. The catch: the Mogalls' Evil Eye attack gained anti-armour effectiveness, and they have 8 move (why do all the enemies have such high move stats?). Avoiding them proved tricky.

Eventually we arrive at the village where Lute awaits:

Okay then. She comes with a Steel Blade. It sucks.

For this map, I mostly ignored the left section with the village until most monsters in the middle were cleared out. The Mogalls made it a bit harder, but Eirika was able to lure them out and get rid of them with her Rapier (which is getting worryingly close to breaking now...).

As for the boss, this one did get randomised, since monsters were included:

44% crit rate on the Shamshir? Oof. Might have gotten hairy if not for Eirika the speed machine and her anti-infantry Rapier.

Obligatory @Shishœ tag because your boy is here:

Maybe we should call him Joshu-arrr now. I don't really like axe infantry but I guess I can make an exception this once--

Oh. Oh dear. But how appropriate for a gambler. I was kind of hoping he'd be a cleric, though, I really need a healer and it'd make recruiting him with Natasha much easier.

+2 HP, wow, very useful. Hopefully all his growth rates didn't get dumped into that.

Speaking of Natasha:

Aw, c'mon. The lack of a healer is really starting to sting now. Good thing this game throws more vulneraries at you than you'd normally be able to handle, because I've got plenty of use for them.

Even the boss here is pretty nasty:

Even Artur with his anti-monster brave lance, and Seth being Seth, struggled to even land a hit on this guy. Ugh. Had to chip away at him with a few ranged weapons and then send in Joshua to finish the job, once I'd given him something other than the Devil Axe.

Normally this map isn't too bad - lure down the enemies from the main area, get Natasha up to speak to Joshua while having someone like Seth on standby to rescue her out, optionally send someone up the left alley, then finish off the boss, and the only tricky part is doing it all quickly enough to prevent the brigands from destroying the villages. Here, the lack of any sort of healing made things much more difficult, since I needed to waste a lot of turns using vulneraries instead of doing any fighting. Joshua being rendered useless for most of the map before I could get him a proper weapon didn't help. I also skipped the arena since I was running too low on money to even enter it.

Time to see what Ephraim has in store for us:

Reginleif seems pretty dull now that I've been spoiled by the Rapier, but +5 def isn't so bad. At least lance access means he can grab the Iron Lance at some point.

Incidentally, the Steel Lance seems to have an effect that makes it always deal damage equal to half of the enemy's current HP. I don't think that was even on any actual weapons in the game.

So here's where our trainee class went. He's packing an infinite-use Swordslayer, which is cool.

Another unique Japan-only event weapon here: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Shadowkiller
It also has the Lancereaver effect - reverses the weapon triangle. Really nice on this map.

This guy sucks. Being my meatshield for the map is better than he deserves.

I was worried the randomiser would make this chapter unwinnable or at least significantly more difficult, but in the end it actually made it simpler. The anti-lance sword and Swordslayer axe helped a ton. Just followed the usual strategy of having Orson meatshield while everyone else grabs all the exp.

Also Fire tomes got the Devil Axe effect, so all the mages on the map just committed suicide because enemies have low luck.

The boss sucks too. Took ages to even land a hit on him because of how high his avoid stat was.

Something interesting I noticed here is that, because Valter got turned into a Shaman and can no longer fly, in the scene at the end of the battle, he actually walks the whole way around the map to reach the tile he's supposed to stand on, instead of becoming Jesus and "walking" on the river.

Blue: the path he usually takes while on his wyvern
Red: the path now-infantry Valter took

Things like this are really interesting; I didn't expect the path-finding in story scenes to be this dynamic, I'd have figured the paths would have just been hard-coded (so Valter would always just move directly to the tile he's supposed to be on, instead of taking the long way around).

D

Deleted member

I just remembered Eirika's base stats are all tied to her class instead of herself, something I don't think that happens with Eprhaim for whatever reason(and neither are any of the previous GBA Lords programmed like this so go figure).
+2 HP, wow, very useful. Hopefully all his growth rates didn't get dumped into that.
8eef09b6-fdf2-4cfb-b647-517fe92ea0e3.jpg
Incidentally, the Steel Lance seems to have an effect that makes it always deal damage equal to half of the enemy's current HP. I don't think that was even on any actual weapons in the
Eclipse, the 10-range Dark Tome has this effect in FE7 and FE8
Something interesting I noticed here is that, because Valter got turned into a Shaman and can no longer fly, in the scene at the end of the battle, he actually walks the whole way around the map to reach the tile he's supposed to stand on, instead of becoming Jesus and "walking" on the river.

Blue: the path he usually takes while on his wyvern
Red: the path now-infantry Valter took

Things like this are really interesting; I didn't expect the path-finding in story scenes to be this dynamic, I'd have figured the paths would have just been hard-coded (so Valter would always just move directly to the tile he's supposed to be on, instead of taking the long way around).
That's actually really neat, I wonder what shenanigans will occur with his later cutscenes(pretty sure that Ephraim 11 has him fly over the sea)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I just remembered Eirika's base stats are all tied to her class instead of herself, something I don't think that happens with Eprhaim for whatever reason(and neither are any of the previous GBA Lords programmed like this so go figure).
At least for Ephraim, he doesn't start at level 1, so I'd figure it has something to do with that?

Though I just checked FE7 and the three lords all have 0 as their base stat in everything (except Luck), so that means they just use their classes' base stats too, right? I think this is common enough in the series; technically nobody else is supposed to have access to the Lord class, so it doesn't really matter if the Lord character's base stats are derived from just the class' bases, or a combination of class bases and their own (like with other classes).

(I should probably point out that the reason I checked the game is because the wiki says the lords' stats in most games work like what you said for Eirika, so I wanted to make sure that was accurate. Not because I specifically wanted to prove you wrong or anything. :p )

Eclipse, the 10-range Dark Tome has this effect in FE7 and FE8
I totally forgot that existed. Probably because it was pretty useless. 30 hit is just... yeah.

D

Deleted member

At least for Ephraim, he doesn't start at level 1, so I'd figure it has something to do with that?

Though I just checked FE7 and the three lords all have 0 as their base stat in everything (except Luck), so that means they just use their classes' base stats too, right? I think this is common enough in the series; technically nobody else is supposed to have access to the Lord class, so it doesn't really matter if the Lord character's base stats are derived from just the class' bases, or a combination of class bases and their own (like with other classes).

I totally forgot that existed. Probably because it was pretty useless. 30 hit is just... yeah.
Wait, really? I could swear Eirika was the odd one out on that regard. Should probably recheck the files later.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wait, really? I could swear Eirika was the odd one out on that regard. Should probably recheck the files later.
According to the wiki, the games that do so are 1, 7, 8 (for Eirika), 11, and 15 (only for Alm; the original Gaiden doesn't do this, probably because it was held together with the programming equivalent of sticky tape and somehow ended up giving the Fighter the same base stats as Duma). So you weren't completely wrong, at least. :p

Other games have the lord start at a level higher than 1 (3, 4, Ike in 10, 12), in a promoted class (Sigurd), affected by inheritance (Seliph), affected by reclassing (13, 14), run afoul of 90s programming hacks (Gaiden) or just work like a normal class (5, 6, 9, 10).

----------

Oh right, while I'm at that stuff I can use the tool to check the growth rates of this run without spoiling myself on anything else. :p
Character | HP | Str | Skl | Spd | Lck | Def | Res
Eirika | 55% | 90% | 85% | 115% | 5% | 5% | 5%
Seth | 50% | 105% | 70% | 50% | 30% | 20% | 5%
Gilliam | 85% | 20% | 30% | 80% | 5% | 5% | 85%
Franz | 5% | 40% | 75% | 100% | 55% | 5% | 20%
Moulder | 5% | 5% | 90% | 20% | 105% | 20% | 20%
Vanessa | 40% | 40% | 25% | 80% | 30% | 55% | 25%
Ross | 55% | 5% | 95% | 50% | 20% | 45% | 5%
Garcia | 55% | 5% | 80% | 55% | 5% | 40% | 40%
Neimi | 120% | 5% | 80% | 5% | 5% | 55% | 40%
Colm | 55% | 5% | 85% | 50% | 60% | 40% | 25%
Artur | 20% | 15% | 5% | 135% | 5% | 5% | 105%
Lute | 45% | 25% | 10% | 55% | 135% | 5% | 5%
Natasha | 5% | 35% | 65% | 100% | 5% | 5% | 90%
Joshua | 175% | 15% | 5% | 45% | 45% | 5% | 5%
Ephraim | 20% | 45% | 80% | 15% | 30% | 45% | 105%
Forde | 30% | 45% | 10% | 80% | 5% | 75% | 50%
Kyle | 80% | 5% | 30% | 5% | 20% | 80% | 75%
...The heck is with all the stingy Str growths?

So Seth and Eirika look pretty busted, Franz might turn out decent, Ephraim is pretty ideal for making use of 1-2 range weapons, Natasha might work, Vanessa and Forde are okay but will be lucky to land a hit on anything, and... just about everyone else is a dud. :p

I guess 0% growth runs are a thing? So it should still be doable. Not quite what I was planning on, but...

I was wondering what this was supposed to be about. The poor guy got absolutely murdered. Well, 175% HP growth means he'll take a while to go down... or at least it might have done, if not for the 5% def and res growths. Can't even make a decent meatshield out of him. He'd better hope his luck starts to turn around quickly if he wants off the bench. :p

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Fog of war. Blegh. I hate fog of war maps.

This is the map where Novala tries to feed the civilians to the Baels; unfortunately, Iron Lances getting 1-2 range makes it almost impossible to rescue them because now the enemy soldiers can just kill them instead. So instead I more or less had to leave them to their fate, and rushed at the boss with Seth and Eirika instead. Done in three turns, not much more to say.

He died pretty easily. Managed to get there quickly enough that the last civilian survived with 1 HP. You don't get the reward (an Orion's Bolt) unless all three survive, though.

Sadly my ranged swords are getting close to breaking at this point. Going to get a lot harder without having access to those.

Much better. With Seth being infantry, he can walk on water (slowly), so I just had him walk over the river and clean up everything (which also let him safely ignore the enemy ballistae), while Eirika takes care of everything else.

Why am I even bothering with this guy? Though he's being pretty lucky with the Devil Axe, so maybe he might come good yet.

Seth, being Seth, killed this guy with two crits. The run's starting to turn into Seth cleaning up 80%+ of the enemies now. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Oh no, it's a trap, but there was surely no way we could have predicted this, right? Anyway, I guess I'll just keep throwing Seth and Eirika at stuff and--

o.o

Holy ****, is he actually going to start putting in work? Took out five armour knights on his own, and got duly rewarded. Suppose I can't bench him just yet, then.

Ephraim returns, to the glorious sound of "no damage" from everything that tries to hit him. Reginleif isn't so useless after all. I sent Seth and a few others up the left side to join Ephraim, while Eirika and Joshua took the right path, until they meet in the middle to take out the boss. Fairly straightforward.

One of the chests here has an Angelic Robe. Decided to use it on Eirika to make up for her lack of bulk. inb4 "why not on Joshua?" Among the other goodies is the Elysian Whip, which Gilliam will enjoy very much.

Looks like Tirado took over his master's wyvern. His Silver Lance is poisonous. Not that that mattered with all the 1-2 range lances at my disposal.

This map was actually fun, though the lack of proper healing continues to frustrate.

And with Eirika leading Ephraim in the poll by 4 votes to 2, looks like we're going with Eirika's route. No complaints from me:

The more I get to use this, the better. :p

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
>2 Str level ups in a row for Joshua
How the ****?
He made a deal with the Devil Axe, apparently. I've actually been using it, and it hasn't backfired yet, and he's getting level ups that don't suck? Can't be just gambler's luck.

So it's probably going to backfire on the very first crit he gets.

----------
Next update will probably be on Sunday or Monday, for the two people still interested. :p Not going to have access to this computer for the weekend.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
just found this place lol i don't get around much on the boards

kattakatt is always a fan of randomizers, me and my brother love to couch game FE8 thanks to all the monster shenangains, have a lovable story where seth and franz got replaced by saleh and empherim and was a deathgoyle and a gargoyle respectively, they had crazy movement, powerful strength and defense, easily maxed resistance, with only 5% skill and luck growths with low stats, along with subpar hp, they pretty much beat the game single handedly

usually don't screw with items, cause that just breaks so much of the game or at least bad luck, everything else is pretty good to go

this one seems to be going well so far lol, will be following

and would like to confirm, no i don't know what a doublet is :V

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I suck at sticking to schedules
Tana runs away from home to join us, here's what she looks like now:

Tana | 60% | 60% | 55% | 75% | 20% | 15% | 35%
Joshua, you're fired when I get enough units to fill all the slots taken by rubbish units.

Eirika continues to be a crit machine, nearly every attack she made in this chapter was a critical hit.

Infinite-use anti-sword axe is nice here too.

Eventually Amelia shows up:

Amelia | 50% | 5% | 75% | 50% | 20% | 30% | 40%
See, this is why Amelia actually sucks and you shouldn't use her.
At least it's easier to recruit her when she can't suicide off Eirika. She also comes with a Speedwing, but I don't know who to use it on yet so it'll sit in the convoy for a while. no, Eirika isn't getting it

Most of the rest of the map is pretty simple, just Eirika mopping up everything that looks at her. Unfortunately there was nothing to be done for the villages without enough fliers. And as for the boss:

This guy was annoying. Even Kyle with his fake Lancereaver sword struggled here. Took like 10 turns to bring him down.

This chapter took a while so I'll leave it here for now. Might get chapter 10 done later.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
With Tana being a pirate, I'm thinking Forde should go Fighter when it comes to promotion, this way he can become a hero later on, if you do stick with using him. As with a lot of the swords being really good so far, it's actually nice to have more sword users.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
You cheated! Give Joshua his job back!
He killed the boss, because nobody else was able to do enough damage and the Devil Axe is continuing to pay off, so I guess he gets a reprieve for now. Again.

At least with that massive HP growth he can probably work as a meatshield once he stops being able to hit anything or do any damage, which will probably happen quite soon when both those stats have 15% or less growths.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Do you even have a staff user, yet? Or are you just relying on vulneraries and forts?
No staves, just vulneraries. Vulnerary maker is the hottest job in Magvel right now, with the rate at which I'm burning through them. I'm actually considering using Amelia just to have a staff user, even if she sucks in every other department.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
More newcomers - Innes, Gerik, and Tethys. Here's what we've got:

Innes | 15% | 25% | 40% | 100% | 60% | 5% | 35%
Gerik | 10% | 80% | 45% | 10% | 35% | 50% | 70%
Tethys | 70% | 40% | 35% | 55% | 85% | 65% | 10%

Yo, a second dancer? Hype. But why does Gerik get such good growths when he can't do anything with them? Tethys is actually pretty useful and Joshua is definitely fired now. Innes isn't too bad but that 25% Str growth stings. But he can be made to work.

Also apparently Innes became a female Sniper here. Cool, I guess.

Marisa's here too:

Marisa | 125% | 25% | 80% | 5% | 45% | 5% | 20%

...well, I never used her all that much anyway, and it doesn't look like I'll start using her today. ...is what I would say if I weren't in dire need of a healer, so I'll probably just get her to level 10 as painlessly as possible and promote her immediately. 80% Skill growth on a dark mage is cool, though, since actually landing hits is usually their weak point. At least being reduced to a dark mage makes recruiting her far easier, since she can't hit anything or commit suicide.

This chapter sucks. Why so many bandits? They just keep coming and they don't stop coming. Well, they do eventually, but not before putting me in some really awkward situations.

>when Seth misses two 39% crits in a row and the enemy survives with 1 HP

Here's something you don't see too often in the GBA games. Granted it's Kyle and Forde and they already start off pretty close to a C support, but still.

Infinite-use Lancereaver is cool too. Seth and/or Eirika become even more unbreakable.

Innes got hit with a sleep staff, which very nearly got painful when the pegasus knight reinforcements started coming. Luckily he woke up just in time to nuke the entire squad by himself.

Getting up the mountain pass to Pablo was pretty easy, though, thanks to Forde and his anti-sword axe. ...Except for the fact that the ballistae cause poison now.

Eventually we reach this asshole:

Took many hits to go down... which is becoming an annoying pattern in this game.

Also apparently mage Valter just walks on the mountains in cutscenes which require him to do so. No taking the long way around this time, unfortunately.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Lady Innes kicks us off with a nice crit on this guy. Also infinite use Longbows are neat.

This is why you don't put two dancers in the same game. Sadly this is a rout map, so we can't abuse it to the max here, but that doesn't mean we can't abuse it at all, as you'll see shortly. :p

L'Arachel and Dozla are having a pretty rough time of it due to the ranged lances, though.

Speaking of which:

L'Arachel | 65% | 50% | 55% | 5% | 35% | 105% | 10%
Dozla | 30% | 35% | 75% | 45% | 55% | 50% | 5%
Oh, thank the gods, finally a usable mage (well, mostly, she'll need some Speedwings to get by). That Def growth is hilarious, I love tanky mages. Dozla's not looking too bad either, except for that 5 move.

Eirika gets in on the crit party too. Also, here's her current stat spread:

Lots of nice shiny green numbers. I like.

Why you don't get two dancers, Part II.

Silver swords are effective against monsters. Awesome.

Why you don't get two dancers, Part III.

Innes continues being a crit machine. I have a new favourite unit in this game. :p

...actually, I changed my mind.

Oh yeah, these guys survived somehow.

The Bright Lance is really nice on monster maps. Especially here where it works like a Brave Lance too.

Boss time, and this guy is a complete joke. Finally an easy one. L'Arachel and her dancer friends made light work of him.

It launches straight into chapter 12 after this, but that's for another day, since it's getting late here.

Top Bottom