• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sa2vation- FT: Cyrain, Chillin, DoH, CT Zero, Cheese, Doom, Seagull, Nintendude!

Bones0

Smash Legend
I was skeptical at first, but I've come to like how you have to be prepared to play on all stages. It's pretty scary to think how a lot of people have been auto-banning the same stage for years (I'm looking at you, Falcon mains).

Best of 3 isn't required either. We could just do bo1s until at least half way through the bracket and still get the same payout placings. But that's lame because the people who fill the pot every week trying to improve should get as many games as possible. There's also no way it has any significant impact on the time it takes to run a tournament because I've been making Gentlemen Agreements to bo5 sets for like 6 tournaments now, and my pools/sets have always finished around the same time as everyone else's in the same round. Yeah, I realize that's just one set with a spacie as opposed to a Peach ditto bo5, but there's still no way it would take more than 10 minutes extra per round. WAY more time is lost waiting on matches to be played or reported than the actual time spent playing the matches.

CTL17

Smash Lord
I forgot to mention that I was considering including bans for Bo5. Pretty important assumption that I left out. Also assuming you can counterpick your own ban, that leaves at least three stages to pick at game 5, since you can't pick the ban or the two stages you won on (for regular DSR). Two of them your opponent probably won on and don't want to go back, so that last stage would decide it all. Though looking at that, it becomes more of a "how many stages does your character have an advantage in this matchup" situation.

hot$

Smash Ace
Is there someone's number I can call incase I get lost or can't find 2g/Oakland hall? Pm me please

:phone:

Kazi9000

Smash Cadet
Welp gonna have to pass on this one guys, snow ruined my plans and i didnt like the ruleset too much eother, and i didnt wanna take you guys' money (smirk)

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yo kasrani guy bring me a real philly cheesesteak and i'll give u $20
(NO VEGETABLES)

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Xzax Kasrani

if i get to metro to college park, can someone pick me up from there?

God-is-my-Rock
I think it's walking distance to the venue

Xzax Kasrani
i would come but its too much of a hassle.

LOL, Xzax don't be so lazy it's not that cold.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Someone better be there at 11. I'm carrying my TV all the way from 2g (if I can ****ing find the place within 45 minutes this time).

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
i would come but its too much of a hassle.
there's a free public UMD bus to get you on campus, and then it's like a 5-10 minute walk I believe. Don't walk all the way from the metro, that sucks.

you get let off in front of the stamp student union. Walk up the hill on campus drive, and immediately turn right on union lane(down a hill), then left on fieldhouse drive. Then turn right at the alumni center, and you'll hit a circle, if you look accross the circle you'll see denton hall, that's the dorm center oakland is in, just walk behind it and around the diner. If you get lost literally ask anyone, people know their campus(especially the freshman dorms).

Top Bottom