• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sa2vation- FT: Cyrain, Chillin, DoH, CT Zero, Cheese, Doom, Seagull, Nintendude!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Seems like MD/VA hasn't realized that snow plows and road salt exist, not that 1 inch of snow is anything worth plowing anyway.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Snow aint even gonna be here tomorrow, don't be *****es

hot$

Smash Ace
To be fair mahone is like 4 hours south of nova and they probably got hit with more than just 1 inch of snow.

:phone:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Nah I have a feeling they got more snow earlier in the day the the 1 inch is referring to tonight, but still, sova sucks if they can't clear a few inches of snow after an entire day.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Random thought, and highly unlikely to matter, but with a shorter timer for brawl singles, shouldn't the LGL be lower?

CTL17

Smash Lord
can someone pick me up from union station in DC?
Metro to College Park, ride Shuttle to Stamp, walk to the venue or call someone to get you from there.

Anyone streaming this tournament?
VGBC.

Seems like MD/VA hasn't realized that snow plows and road salt exist, not that 1 inch of snow is anything worth plowing anyway.
Is this your first winter in MD/VA? Coming from NY, you see how this place really sucks at dealing with snow. Schools get cancelled for forecasted 0.5 inches.

*****es just come

It wouldn't be a UMD tournament w/o snow
I still can't believe how often this happens '-.-

CTL17

Smash Lord
Bones, regarding your CP (counterpicking, not College Park) rules, it's too late to officially enforce it, but if you want to suggest it to other people as part of gentleman's clause, you may. Though even in a Bo5 I feel like you shouldn't be forced to play in an obviously losing counterpick. Here's my stupid addendum: you may only ban a stage twice if you are using the same character as when you banned it the first time.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I got 5 kills both games, pretty sure I was doing the carrying.
Pretty sure I was doing all the carrying for you by jumping into you over and over. ****. I had a talk with vist after that about how I need to realize when my tech skill is off and just slow it down instead of continuously being aggressive. I'm never ever going to watch that set, but I learned something valuable from it haha. <3

FrackinKraken

Smash Cadet
May have to be a ***** and succumb to snow johns. About 4 hours south of college park where I am got hit with some snow. Definitely more than 1 inch. Plus I'd be driving up alone and I don wanna be lonely.

Laijin

Smash Hero
We should do this

I feel like a lot of people could raise money locally. For example, what we did in our local community was had local callouts/MMs for charity. Pretty much people would do $5 minimum to "money match" someone. All the money still goes to charity, but winning would get you virtual dollars to keep mm people. If you were at zero virtual money you'd have to throw in minimum 5 to enter again. Again the advantage is that it's much more convenient for people to donate in person and on the spot. Plus it creates hype as people want to challenge eachother and were willing to throw 5 to enter. At the end of the day one trustworthy person just donates that amount collect. It was super hype we were able to get around 130 in one night. You don't have to do this, you could do your own thing, but any type of local donation drive is really great. Now if every local community does some type of drive then we would already have a lot of donations.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Bones, regarding your CP (counterpicking, not College Park) rules, it's too late to officially enforce it, but if you want to suggest it to other people as part of gentleman's clause, you may. Though even in a Bo5 I feel like you shouldn't be forced to play in an obviously losing counterpick. Here's my stupid addendum: you may only ban a stage twice if you are using the same character as when you banned it the first time.
I'm probably not entering. Like Laijin, you seem to fail to realize that the current ruleset has no bans in bo5s, and therefore you will have to play your oppononent on his best cp no matter what. At least with mine you probably won't lose on your opponent's best cp TWICE.

That MM idea sounds sick.

hot$

Smash Ace
Bones your gonna drive 1.5 hrs+ to not enter?

Edit: bones you also have to make it to semis first ;D (or whatever round has bo5 here)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Well all matches should be bo5. Idk why not since it's not like it will have hardly any impact on how fast the tournament is run. But yeah, I'm probably just going to start MMing people in place of entering. I get to pick who I play, and I even have an opportunity to win some money as opposed to entering when I know I'm not going to get top 4-5.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I say a simpler way to address the stage counterpick issue is just make it so you can't pick a stage you already won on that you picked. Then the order that you won your matches in doesn't matter when it comes to counterpicking.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Ok, sounds like melee got dumb with their ruleset because the stages got so low.

I personally like modified Dsr for 3/5, where you can't pick the stage you last won on, and still one general ban per set

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
And bones, bo5 totally impacts tourney time. Besides, it is not necessary to determine the more skilled player to play 3 of 5 every match.

Top Bottom