• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sa2vation- FT: Cyrain, Chillin, DoH, CT Zero, Cheese, Doom, Seagull, Nintendude!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Tantalus & Co. Present: Sa2vation! (Otherwise known as Salvation 2!)

Hey All, Tantalus here continuing a great new series that we are running at College Park. This is the same venue that we used for Sa1vation. CTL is no longer a student there so Sa1vy has set it up so that we can run monthlies here.

This event will be Brawl, Melee, and Project:M.

Rules

We'll be using APEX 2013 ruleset.

http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/
IMPORTANT VARIATION FOR BRAWL: Singles will be 2 stock, 6 minute timer.

Project M rules will be provided by JCaesar. They have a bit of an odd CP procedure. But for the most part, rules are similar to Melee on most accounts.

For your reference, here are the TO's:

Brawl: Tantalus, EE, Seagull
Melee: CTL, BigWenz, Tantalus
Project:M: JCaesar, Cmart, Tantalus
Venue representative: Sa1vy

In that order of authority. Please keep the venue clean and tidy.

This will be held in Oakland Hall on the College Park Campus. Sa1vy will be letting everyone into the venue as you need a key card to get in. There will be a few other students that might be able to get you in but please call my cell if you can't get in. Sa1vy will be attending to the door from 11-1pm so please make sure you are on time. If you're not going to be, please call my cell (pm me on facebook "thetantalus" or twitter to get it) and we will arrange to meet you downstairs. Also, service is spotty up there, so I don't answer, leave me a text. He will also be in charge of letting people up and down.

Address: 7950 Baltimore Avenue College Park, MD 20742

Here is a campus map: http://www.cvs.umd.edu/visitors/2010 Campus Map.pdf

On the upper left of the map in Section 2G is where we have free parking for the day. The best way to get in here is to do the following:

1. From Route 193 (regardless of direction), turn onto Stadium Drive. You should see tall red buildings nearby.
2. You'll come to a traffic circle. Take the last exit. (Effectively turning left)
3. Take the first left onto Valley Drive.
4. Go straight until you see a parking lot with signs saying "2A." Do not park here.
5. Directly behind section 2A is section 2G where we are permitted to park for free. You can park there. Oakland hall is the building you passed to get in here (you'll see a big sign on the building that says "Oakland Hall"). Parking in 2A leaves your car at the mercy of tow trucks, I don't recommend it.

This can be complicated- please call me if you have trouble finding it. Luckay, Sa1vy, CTL and others can help as well.

Price

$5 Venue Fee **
$5 Singles Entry (Brawl and Melee and P:M)
$5 Teams Entry per person (Brawl and Melee and P:M)

**Here is how venue works this time. I'm still providing every incentive to get a FREE venue fee. So I've set up a program you can take advantage of.

Bring a usable TV and Power Strip: Free Venue Fee
Bring a usable Wii/Gamecube: Free Venue Fee
Have an UMD College Park Student ID: Free Venue Fee

This means, if you bring a full setup (power strip, tv, console), you can split it with your friend and get both of you free venue. If you're a freeloader though, you can pay the venue. The purpose of this is to help facilitate the costs of the TO's and assistants running the tournament and their entry fees. There is no intent for a profit to be made.

I'm all about bringing the best tournaments to the region for minimal cost. So lets make the turnout reflect that!

Payouts are as follows:

Singles > 10 entrants(All events): 55/25/15/5
Singles < 10 entrants: 60/30/10
Doubles (All events): 60/30/10

Event times

I've moved things an hour earlier this time. Show up on-time or I will not allow you to enter.

Venue opens: 11am
Melee/Brawl Doubles Signups- 11:30am
Melee/Brawl Doubles Starts- 12pm
Project M Doubles Signups- 12:30pm
Project M Doubles Starts: 2pm (I've lapsed this a little to give melee some time to die down, as most people who enter this will probably also enter melee)
Brawl/Melee Singles Signups- 2:30pm
Brawl Singles Starts/Melee Singles Starts- 3:30pm (at this point, people can get a break for food. If you can get lunch before you come, that is also recommended.) (make sure if you're only doing singles you are here on-time.)
Project M Singles Signups: 4:30pm
Project M Singles: 5pm
Tournament ends: When Project:M Completes
Venue Closes: 9pm

Events will be run promptly and on-time. Do not be late and do not ask me to hold the bracket 30 minutes for you. There should be enough time between events to get a bite to eat.

Food- There is food on Campus open on the weekends. Its in Section Z. I don't recommend walking there but you could if you really wanted to. It's in Section Z right behind the football stadium. Check the map above if you need the info or one of the students can help. There is a Panda Express, Chick-Fil-A, and McDonalds open for sure. You can also hit any of the fast food joints right off of campus.

Livestream

VGBootcamp will be providing an HD stream! It can be found at:

www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

They are a great group and you'll get to experience this unique format live on their stream.

We are streaming the top 6 for brawl (at a minimum), and the top 8 for P:M and Melee on stream. Should be extremely exciting and we have some solid OoS support for the event.

We may have an alternate stream for P:M until singles starts. That would probably be found at:

www.twitch.tv/jcaesar

If you have any other questions or comments please let me know!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
definitely gonna try and make it

tjgeorgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjgeorgen
3DS FC
1177-8358-6055
I'll be there! What a fun way to start the semester. This time I'll get more than 2 hours of sleep and hopefully I won't play awfully in bracket.

I'll also make sure to tag everyone from Ctown & CTY and link them here.

:phone:

sa1vy

Smash Cadet
It might be a little premature, but I'm guessing 2-3 feet of snow. Then an earthquake rips md/va to the middle of the Atlantic.

reslived

Smash Apprentice
I'm calling it supernaturally cold with 0 chance of snow. Because in MD it only decides to rain when its warm and it is only cold when there is no chance of snow.

tjgeorgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjgeorgen
3DS FC
1177-8358-6055
I'm calling it supernaturally cold with 0 chance of snow. Because in MD it only decides to rain when its warm and it is only cold when there is no chance of snow.
From what I understand, College Park tournaments drastically increase the chances of inclement weather. Out of the three tournaments I've been to, one was Snow Shocked II and the other randomly had hurricane force winds.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Snowvation 2
Someone mentioned tourney in NJ but why would I go to that when I can go to this

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
And whenever it's snowing the temperature will make it change to rain anyway.

I'll be watching and assisting the stream moderation. Sorry I can't come, school johns :urg:

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Yeah I do. I think I'm just gonna mail it back to you :<

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'll be in NJ on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning, but other than that, no. I have something I need to be at on Saturday evening lol.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Oh I know! It will snow in the afternoon, and then some girls will come in, asking us if we want to go sledding.

Top Bottom