• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement [SA] SXC2K15 - SA Fighting Game Major - Nov 28/29 - Melee, PM, Wii U & Brawl

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
fair enough, i guess, but what does sharing the stage with other games have to do with being unable to run through a bracket on day 2? its not like that has to be streamed or done on stage.

idk i feel like round robin pools can easily be done for this tournament especially considering how expensive it is but w/e im not the one running it~

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
fair enough, i guess, but what does sharing the stage with other games have to do with being unable to run through a bracket on day 2? its not like that has to be streamed or done on stage.

idk i feel like round robin pools can easily be done for this tournament especially considering how expensive it is but w/e im not the one running it~
...because the Smash games are the first games to be played on the day? Honestly I wanna avoid the situation where we give Smash 4 pools but not Melee or PM (PM is ~kinda~ understandable because it'll most likely get <32 entrants so pools would be not *as* worth doing)
Maybe I'll look into what we can do though, you're starting to give me some ideas

Last edited:

earla

Smash Lord
yo guys, really excited to come play some fantastic opponents at this event.

my flight gets in at 8:00 am on saturday to adelaide airport. could someone please pick me up at any time to get me to the event for S4. i'm happy to wait at the airport for as long as necessary.

would be hugely appreciated. contact me on 0459417809

E

Flow Rats

Smash Rookie
So I probably should've posted this earlier but better late than never, I can house 2 people for sxc, one on a couch and one on a swag. Preference will be given to melee players, particularly those coming from further away.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Hey all, the Sydney Smash 4 crew have organised accommodation, but we're one bed short. I'm the odd one out looking for a place to stay. If anyone would like to house Australia's best Jigglypuff that would be super awesome. Floor space will suffice, but a couch would be nice.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
yo guys, really excited to come play some fantastic opponents at this event.

my flight gets in at 8:00 am on saturday to adelaide airport. could someone please pick me up at any time to get me to the event for S4. i'm happy to wait at the airport for as long as necessary.

would be hugely appreciated. contact me on 0459417809

E
Buses are like $3 to get into the city, it's pretty much when you walk out to the taxi rank at ADL airport if you go further down there's a bus stop for bus J1, and it'll take you to the city. You can plan your trip super easy with google maps (public transport is integrated into gMaps in adelaide) so it's pretty simple to find your way around

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
First out the gates for pools is Super Smash Bros. Melee Pools!
http://sxc2k15.challonge.com/SSBM
If you cannot find your gamertag check your name you used to sign up with on our website. This format will play out with two players from each pool advancing to a top 16 bracket (1 in winners, 1 in losers) which will get played out until top 8 on day 1
Homework starts now!

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
ROUGH STREAM SCHEDULE FOR DAY 1
ALL TIMES IN AUSTRALIAN CENTRAL DAYLIGHT TIME (ACDT)

11:00/11:30am - Brawl Singles Bracket
2pm - SSBM Pools & Top 16 -> Top 8
4 or 5pm - SSB for Wii U Pools (if they're still going) & Top 32 -> Top 8
6 or 7pm - PM Full Bracket

cheese619

Smash Ace
Can you get someone other than ChromeBoy for smash4 commentary? Jesus f!@#ing christ listening to that s!@# was irritating

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
welp event was poo, top 8 was good, most of everything else wasn't good enough for a major and i feel really **** about most of the weekend

i'll write a more detailed post later because there was a LOT of **** that went wrong all weekend

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Are Smashboards shoutouts still a thing? Well anyway...

Ignis - It was good to see you again, and I really enjoyed our matches. I would've liked to spend a bit more time with you like in Perth, but there will always be next time. I look forward to the next time we face in bracket; bring your all!

Deez - Couldn't even win doubles; how bad can you get? Gawsh. You certainly made the weekend a lot more... interesting. XD

Empire - Thanks again so much for housing me. I know that a notable amount of effort goes into housing interstaters, and I'm very appreciative that you were willing to put that in for Deez and I. If you're ever in Sydney, I'd be more than happy to return the favour.

Ghost - It's been a while, and my what a weekend you've had. Despite being somewhat unexpected, you certainly deserved the result you got. Don't let it get to your head though; once you come back home from Genesis you have a title to defend, so I'll see you at the next major!

Nikes - I know you're an emotional player, but you absolutely should not be disappointed in your performance this weekend. If I'm honest, I was somewhat surprised when you made top 8 considering how stacked the bracket was, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. To place 3rd out of all these players is an amazing result that you should be super proud of. You played really well to take those amazing close sets. It's an unfortunate fact of how tournament brackets work that only one player ever gets to avoid finishing the day on a loss. Being able to lose calmly is tough, but it is an important skill to have. If you can keep this in mind and try to work on it, I guarantee that you will find much more enjoyment in tournaments, and smash in general. It was great to see you this weekend, and hopefully I'll see you again soon.

Kai - Funnily enough, I have a similar message for you as I do for Nikes. I know the event had its hiccups; some were preventable but some were simply out of anyone's control. Despite this, I want you to know that your efforts did not go unnoticed. I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw you constantly running around and stressing all weekend. This tournament would not have run at all without you, and your efforts are very much appreciated by the whole of the smash community. By all means, try to analyse and understand what went wrong at this event, but don't beat yourself up over it; use the experience to create a bigger and better experience next year! Thanks for allowing me on commentary for top 8; hopefully I helped play a small part in creating an amazing stream for the community.

To the VIC, QLD, WA and SA players, it was great to see some old faces and meet some new ones. Unfortunately there are too many of you spend quality time with everyone, but that just shows that our scene is stronger than ever, and hopefully we can see more majors of this size in the future.

The Sydney/ACT crew - Thanks for the comradery this weekend, and a fairly good showing overall. We'll take it to them at the next one!

❁(◕ ‿ ◕)❁ The NSW Cheerleaders ❁(◕ ‿ ◕)❁ - Thanks to everyone at home for your support over the weekend. Glad I could give you guys some hype =)

Western Memestralia - What is this I don't even.

Adelaide water - Shoutouts for being literally trash tier. Must be why everyone was feeling salty all weekend.

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I'll get around to shoutouts soon when my head's cleared up properly, but for now, I just wanted to apologize to everyone who witnessed my emotions winning me over this weekend, they've never been that out of control but I'll continue working on suppressing them the best I can.

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
Shouting out a few lads here

Firstly to d legend; Ghost. You definitely played the best on the day and took it home. Taking out so many people...and just. Its pretty crazy watching the way you play, so scary. Top stuff

To my VIC buddies for frauding out. We are actually bad, and need to get good before BAM8. If an out of state wins BAM, I may cry. Extra, we got the highest placing vic team (all vic, **** you deez) We got CW next month :)

To all the QLD people, for actually being the sickest ****ers ever, specifically Jezmo for actually being a god at this game and huge sport about the banter. All you guys are just so fun to hang around with and I hope to come down sometime and show you what its like to be dominating me and then lose to KO punch at 20. Its a great feeling.

To the people I vsd; Joel bloody had me scared with that tipper that shouldnt have tipped.
Wave. I think I did pretty well in our set, vsing you definitely helps me understand my weaknesses. Wish I couldve pulled the upset though. Top stuff on 4th.
Scarpian. You god damn legend. Keep up the air dodge reads.
Randy. Holy **** you are scary. Who knows what wouldve happened if I didnt kill myself, but god damn, keep up that play.

To everyone else I met from anywhere; you're all lads and I love every one of you, except for Googers that stupid ********. Falcon MM me.

Current **** Boozer Club Members: 16

Also why is everyone from ACT so god damn tall holy nips

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for allowing me on commentary for top 8; hopefully I helped play a small part in creating an amazing stream for the community.
You and Louis did a great job powering through ALL of Top 8 and you guys had a great dynamic together so I'm glad i had you two on

Last edited:

PyrenZero

Smash Rookie
NNID
PyrenZero
3DS FC
3952-7346-9514
Hey all, thanks for coming out to SXC. It was my first major and I had a hell of a lot of fun! Shoutouts in no particular order:

Ghost and Nikes for carrying SA with your incredible performances

Sans for teaming with me in doubles and also not drowning in pools like the rest of us busters. We got so so close to taking a game off Atyeo + Wave, which is pretty encouraging

M, Randy and Kira for the games and your time helping me play my characters and a few match ups better

Jezmo for the sportsmanship in Loser's Finals as well as being hilarious during friendlies

The rest of my boys in T4S regardless of whether you wore the tag or not

SAFGC for running the event

GGs, you were all good value and a blast to smash with, hope to see everyone at the next one!

(Yes, I already posted this on QLDsmash because this thread was dead before now, shhhhhhh)

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Huge thanks for all your hard work and hospitality Kai. Good to catch up with the SA people and a few NSW. I had a great weekend except for almost puking to death on Monday. I heard drinking tap water at the venue might have been the mistake (if true, they should really have warning signs...)

phibzy

Smash Rookie
Massive shoutout to Flow Rats for housing me and Gabe over the weekend, as well as being a chill dude to hang out with. I can safely say SXC for us would have been no way near as fun without your company/hospitality.

Thanks to Kai for running the event, even if it didn't run as planned. Takes a hell of a lot of hard work regardless of whether it runs super efficiently or not.

Highlights of my trip:
- Making it out of pools as last seed in my pool since Grim got DQed
- Taking a game against Scraddles in bracket with the MC Fox
- Watching Invisi being Invisi in Smash 4
- Friendlies with Nehruvia and Lemons (make sure you beat my Fox next time!) on the Saturday night
- The fraudulent Fox round robin
- RoA doubles matches with 2 x Forsburn
- Watching Ricky bust out The Kount in Wii U Top 8
- The Nikes/Jezmo pop offs

Hope to be back for the next one. :)

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Big shoutout to all the chairs being chill and enduring my popoffs.:grin:

Jezmo and Atyeo: Firstly, thank you both so much for your guys kind words and amazing support between games even when playing you both mid-set, that was absolutely outstanding sportsmanship right there. I've taken what you guys have said on board, and I'll do my best to keep my head up no matter the circumstances from now on. :)
I really don't feel I should have won the sets that I did against you both, as you're both incredible players, so our sets have taught me to be a lot more careful and less over committal not just in last hit scenarios, but in general. (like letting myself get shield grabbed near the ledge at kill % in my most important part of the tournament, that was a much needed wake up slap >__>)

Ghost: Thanks for teaming with me in doubles for the win, and a huge congratulations on your big victory. It felt so great being so excited together to get top 8 and supporting each other despite our usual rivalry, we defended SA together really well. Good luck in the US, you can go far.

SA crew in general: Your guys support was absolutely breathtaking, you all supported me every step of the way throughout the whole weekend, and I definitely wouldnt've made it as far as I did if not for all your outstanding support and encouragement. I sincerely can't thank you all enough, all your constant support meant so much to me. It was an amazing atmosphere when we'd have all of SA united together watching and cheering on one of our brethren in a match in the top 32 bracket, that really united us. Those moments was probably my favorite highlight of the event.
We're all one big family <3

Waveguider: It was so great to finally have a chance to properly get to know you in person and finally get some games in, since we didn't get a chance at BAM, and it's just like everyone says, you're an amazing player, and you were super nice, relatable and easy going, and you played really well this weekend. Can't wait for the next opportunity to play you again, your Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja are outstanding and deserve recognition, keep up the amazing work my friend. :)

Kai: Dude, I know the event didn't really go the way you wanted it to outside of top 8, but everyone was blown away by the event and your incredible effort you invested into it. Top 8 vids were so amazing and made for such a special atmosphere, probably the biggest highlight of the event to everyone. You put so much into this event and it was an event to remember for years to come, my favorite Smash tournament ever by far. <3
We're going to make absolute certain to have more trained TO's in the upcoming year so you can spend more time with your stream like originally planned rather than having to divide up your time the way you did. Thank you so much for an incredible experience.

Googers: Finally got to meet an LHC bro <3 Looking forward to the next time we can get the whole crew together in full, it's going to be a blast. :D

Invisi: Hadn't seen you for so long, it was great to see you again man. :) You really impressed everyone with your Jigglypuff myself included, and created some really good upsets, great work on getting 1st in your pool!
Jigglypuff rest > Scarecario

Nick: Huge congratulations on winning Melee! :) Looking forward to seeing how far you go with your talent, keep rocking that Marth.

M/Kira and Jaice/Deez: I don't think our doubles sets could have been any closer, you guys were all winners and had great teamwork going, you two were probably the strongest teams at the event imho, super impressive performance by all of you.

Will finish the rest of this list tomorrow, too tired to finish the rest tonight.:tired:

Last edited:

tibs7

Smash Champion
Was bodying Japan and USA and then I heard S.A won a major...I legit don't think that has ever happened.

Grats to ghost but yeahhhh hope we play soon

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
tibs i don't get what you're trying to get out of your comment, it looks like you're just trying to be rude buddy :(

pls don't be rude

tibs7

Smash Champion
I don't have a reason to be rude :/ so I really don't mean to be rude my bad. Just I think it's sa's first major win? Is that correct? Pretty surprised when I heard the news is all

Top Bottom