• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement [SA] SXC2K15 - SA Fighting Game Major - Nov 28/29 - Melee, PM, Wii U & Brawl

Splice

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to the Rivals of Aether crew!

This is what victory looks like

Rivals of Aether is the sikkest
Hopefully the smash scene can give it a bit more of a stage and some support in future; a scheduled side event would've been nice, a few more people would've entered if they knew about it I heard.

Shoutouts to Falco and Atticus for both being really sick at the game, and congrats to Atticus for the wins in your set vs. each other, and also for taking Dreadtech close.
Shame you couldn't play your matches on Sunday Falco, but I hope you stick around for the long term with this game.
Congrats on 2nd with the 'gief in SF4.

GG's to Phibzy, Gabe and Dreadtech
Forsburn dittos are weird as, it's the only matchup where smoking is actually unhealthy for you.
Tight sets vs. Gabe/Dreadtech, both of you made every game pretty intense, Zett does so many fast things and it's impossible to sleep on Kragg's potential to make comebacks. So glad to hear both of you reviewing sets to learn things about this game and step it up. Let's make Australia a long term potent force in this game!

Great to catch up with some old SA pals; Mason, Marc, Nick
Good fun to play you guys again but also great to chill out and talk
And I hope I'll see you all again very soon!
I like agreeing with Marc when he argues with Nick - the result is satisfying.

Cheers for the housing Nick, it was nice to meet your housemates, they're certified homies.
Congrats on adding something new to the trophy cabinet, it looks great next to Clyde's anime girls.
see you soon :)

Kai thanks for the accommodation on the Monday, and thanks for looking after Jared.
The stream production was of a high standard and came through well, and I know that's one of the main things you wanted to achieve. You should take a lot of solace in that, because a lot of the things that went wrong weren't in your control, it's not worth being upset about.
It would've helped to talk to some people who are experienced making brackets - like Dreadtech, or myself - to avoid one particular set of issues, but you put in a lot of work, and the main event, Smash4, ran ****ing stellar.
I think this was probably the best Smash4 major so far, especially due to being at a time when the skill has really developed, and every relevant state - other than perhaps WA - was represented.
Congrats man
It was great to play you on Monday as well
Flow Rats gg's in tournament, Monday friendlies were great too

Ghostbone I don't understand what maketh a good smash4 player, but you look good when you play it. I think the confidence in several characters is great. I hope you're prepared to put the same strengths and confidence to work in America, whilst making whatever the necessary improvements are to push through the tougher competition. I believe you can do great.

Redact mang, I read the interview, glad you're happy with your placing.
Thanks for your role in making Melee thrive.

DonB, in my mind you're already in top tier of players, though you certainly haven't proven it out in the wild yet.
Good work in teams, you know how to counter what I try to go for on Puff and focused on it well, but you have to learn how to do it without getting in Redact's way; that's one hard part of dealing with Puff in doubles.
Trackie shorts meta is ****ing strong

Jared - thanks man, you made the whole thing happen for me, and not just in the flights buddy way; I wasn't going to go until you were confirmed and I thought it'd be pretty worth. It certainly was, Adelaide is a pretty city and it was a great trip. Great to talk about Melee Doubles - we need to work on it a bit again to tighten the screws, but if you keep in shape over the week leading up to City of Melee I'm sure we'll win that too. We were playing good by the end of SXC. It's a shame the pay out was essentially Frozen Coke money but at least I can Frozen Coke Match Azri 36 times now.
Glad to hear you also felt like it was a pleasant and worthwhile trip, despite the unfortunate and horrific illness on monday/tuesday.
Hope you continue to find both RoA and Melee worthwhile in your life; we'll hang out regardless but it's a lot of fun playing these games with you.

good to see other familiar non-vic faces - Jaice, Invisi, Aero, Kira, Ricky(we didn't really talk but I still enjoyed seeing you carry around a billion cokes). all very nice people

Hope all the Melee dudes from VIC enjoyed the trip and found that it was worthwhile.
Saucy you're actually pretty gud mang, we gotta start playing together sometime and turn that Falco up to 11

VIC smash 4 crew, hope you pick yourselves up, respect the competition and then dominate them next time.
Earl I have no doubt that if you commit, you will surely be at the top of this game. But I know you're pretty busy, so I hope you do what's comfortable and enjoyable in your lifestyle.

Deez I think you should get a custom controller with no analog stick and 2 C-sticks for playing PM. You can roll with C-stick in Project M, so a second C-stick will still allow you to apply the desired strategy with less room for errors.

did u guys kno u can read an interview on QLDsmash where, in true Splice fashion, I just talk about edgecancelling for ~500+ words? check it out along with more diverse interviews from the Melee winners

ps. Gabe and Mason: :bowser: your princesses are long gone :bowser:

Last edited:
Top Bottom