• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Crowne Plaza is probably the closest one tbh sorry for the lack of information on the event, I haven't been given much and we're sorting out logistics atm before announcing things like a game list but I have been able to confirm that we will be running Singles and Doubles for Smash 4, PM & Melee

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Will we really be able to run 6 events? I mean that would be pretty rad if we can pull it off in a timely manner, just wanna make sure we don't pull a paragon and have to cancel doubles for everything. Guess it will come down to the numbers we get and how tightly we can run the schedule.
@ Ghostbone Ghostbone *cough* Smash 4 and PM doubles *cough*

Maybe we can host a crew battle on the Sunday night if we're really pushing it and all goes well, the interstate presence for Smash 4 is starting to look strong enough for one. (and it'd be neat to see how our new warriors stand against the interstate threats!)
Not gonna get my hopes up too high because of time constraints but thought I'd put it out there.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Will we really be able to run 6 events? I mean that would be pretty rad if we can pull it off in a timely manner, just wanna make sure we don't pull a paragon and have to cancel doubles for everything. Guess it will come down to the numbers we get and how tightly we can run the schedule.
@ Ghostbone Ghostbone *cough* Smash 4 and PM doubles *cough*
Maybe we can host a crew battle on the Sunday night if we're really pushing it and all goes well, the interstate presence for Smash 4 is starting to look strong enough for one. (and it'd be neat to see how our new warriors stand against the interstate threats!)
Not gonna get my hopes up too high because of time constraints but thought I'd put it out there.
Last year we ran 6 events I don't really see the issue, we're definitely not gonna pull 100 entrants for an individual event
Also only reason why paragon had to cancel dubs was because they used tablets for bracket reporting and they ALL MALFUNCTIONED. Obviously we're not using those

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Crews would be adorable, since QLD has about 11~ people coming for Smash 4, and I believe Victoria has about 5 or so.

Is Kaizmo running the event? I like Kaizmo.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I don't see why we're running PM doubles over something like Brawl or 64 Singles.
I'd play Brawl myself if it were at events and support it, but unfortunately there wouldn't be enough numbers to warrant a tournament most likely. But then again, who knows?

Ghost after that free $ :p

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
also whats the go with seeding, I'd rather not be knocked out, or knock out other queenslanders or interstates because no seeding

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
StreetGeek is doing their biggest event of the year October 1st and 2nd at the Goodwood community centre.

Plenty of cash and prizes to be won
PC, Console, handheld & tabletop gaming
Social & Esports tournaments
Internet & Wifi
GB Network

Starts: 10:00 AM, Saturday 1st October 2016
Ends: 8:00 PM, Sunday 2nd October 2016
Where: Goodwood Community Centre (32 Rosa Street, Goodwood SA)

For more info and to buy tickets go to: http://www.streetgeekx.com.au/
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/655343571287875/

Current confirmed Smash events:
Super Smash Bros for Wii U 1v1
Super Smash Bros for Wii U 2v2
Super Smash Bros Melee 1v1
Super Smash Bros 64 1v1

More info to come

Top Bottom