• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Ant1

Smash Ace
the meme isn't based off what happened in the manga, its based off of the ocean dubbing of that scene. I'm referencing the meme not what canonically happened

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
And lol, I agree that Zelda is the easiest. I learnt her in 2 days and placed higher than I ever did at that time. So easy.
Umm, no. lol

Zelda should be at least a tier higher solely due to how stupidly placed her hitboxes are.

Not only that, but Zelda pretty much has to space better than anyone if you want to... hit anything.

Learning Zelda is harder than winning with her. laaaaaawwwwwwl

Ghostbone

Smash Master
She's hard to win with

But it's pretty easy to get to a high level with her.

Playstyle for Zelda:
Hope opponent approaches
Spam smash attacks

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Have you seen Nova use Zelda

Wait for opponent to approach
UP SMASH

There might be a d-tilt somewhere in there to get the opponent above her but meh.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
But the thing is, no one in their right mind would approach when fighting Zelda.

Which is why it's hard learn Zelda simply because all of her moves aren't suited to the defensive metagame Brawl has.

Up smash is pretty good though. Pokes all the time and doesn't afraid of anything.

Also I think you have missed entirely what dtilt is used for. Namely dtilt > dtilt > dtilt > d-smash.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Well I was referring to high percentage

Since that's the only time anyone in their right mind should ever use Zelda

Ghostbone

Smash Master
:p
I mean that Zelda should only be used to kill for Sheik.
Or at low percentage against Pika to avoid the chaingrab. (where their roles are basically reversed lol, Zelda builds up damage and Sheik kills...)
And against Ice Climbers I guess.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Umm, no. lol

Zelda should be at least a tier higher solely due to how stupidly placed her hitboxes are.

Not only that, but Zelda pretty much has to space better than anyone if you want to... hit anything.

Learning Zelda is harder than winning with her. laaaaaawwwwwwl

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
StreetGeek 11.05 13th May 2011

7:00pm: Lan Starts

8:00pm: Friday Console Tournament signups/registration

9:00pm: Super Smash Bros Brawl FFA (Wii)

9:30pm: Guitar Hero WoR (360)

11:00pm: Super Smash Bros Brawl 2v2 (Wii)

12:00am: Midnight Snack

6:00am: Cold Breakfast

8:00am: Warm Breakfast

11:am: Saturday Console Tournament signups/registration

12:00pm: Super Smash Bros Brawl 1v1 (Wii)

12:30: Super Smash Bros Melee 1v1 v(GCN)

1:00pm: Lunch

3:00pm: Halo Reach FFA (360)

4:00pm: Players Choice

5:00pm: Frisbeemark (IRL)

6:00pm: Dinner

7:00pm: Closing Ceremony

9:00pm: Finish/Packup

Ultimate Consoler
Awarded to the person with the overall highest points from all the console tournaments. This has bigger prize's
than each individual comp and since you get points just for entering a comp so the more comps you enter the better.
Points system:
1st: 10
2nd: 8
3rd: 7
4th: 6
5th: 5
6th: 4
7th: 3
8th: 2
Participation: 1

Hadicap: if you came 1st last lan you will be handicapped -10 points, 2nd and 3rd will be - 5 points each.

Community games
Get 8 willing participants for a game that we arnt already doing and we will run a tournament for it and even supply a prize.

Tournaments and times may be subject to change

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
SG X smash results

Melee 1v1
1. Monkeybear
2. Grim
3. Apollo
4. Nova
5. Ghost
6. Oliver
7. Jamage
7. Ant
9. Gears
10. Techa

Melee 2v2
1.Grim + monkeybear
2. Apollo + Nova
3. Oli + Alf
4. Ghost + Luneth
5. Ant + Jamage
6. Gears + Lvl9cpu
7. Vicinti + Techa

Brawl 2v2
1. Apollo + Domo
2. Ghost + Grim
3. monkeybear + Nova
4. Jamage + Ant
5. Aces + Named
6. Oli + Alf
7. Eagle + Mongoose
8. Luneth + Lvl9cpu
9. Techa + Gears

Brawl 1v1 Mid Tiers
1: Apollo (Luigi)
2: Eagle (Fox, DK)
3: Nova (Shelda, Wolf)
4: Ant (Sonic, Wolf)
5: Oli (Fox)
5: Domo (Fox)
7: Jamage (Wolf)
7: Ghost (DK, Peach)
9: Gears
9: Grim
9: Techa
9: Eric
13: Callum
13: Jamie B
13: Alfred
13: Luneth
17: Mongoose
17: Aces
17: Jayden
17: Brandon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F_o9SuMKcU&feature=channel_video_title

Brawl 1v1:
1: Apollo (ZZS)
2: Domo (MK)
3: Ant (Snake, MK)
4: Ghost (Diddy, MK)
5: Eagle (Fox, DK)
5: Jamage (DDD, ROB)
7: Aces (MK)
7: Gears (Snake)
9: Oli
9: Alfred
9: Eric
9: Grim
13: Callum
13: Named
13: Mongoose
13: Luneth
17: Techa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC7JZoNKyu8

Brawl FFA:
1st: Monkeybear (Ike)
2nd: Jamage (Rob)
3rd: Aces (Olimar)
4th: Ant (Wario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LetRPfN3Vdg

Eagle

Smash Lord
See how I went from 2nd to 5th 'cause of MK losers? ;)

Also, I'm not sure if anyone has said anything but I'm pretty sure the rules were messed up. Gears told me, because I'm sure he was also told, that we were using double bans in the tournament. Naturally I was happy because this meant I could ban both Brinstar and Rainbow Ride. So in my match against Aces in the normal 1v1 I did use this double ban. Aces might have beaten me if I didn't use this rule. So I am sorry, Seth.

Also, I was convinced that Final Destination and Pokemon Stadium 2 were starters. I first found this out at Chris' meet. I assumed it was the same at this tournament and was using these two stages. Even in one of my games against Ant, who obviously didn't know that these two stages had apparently become starters, so I made sure to ask someone if it were true. More specifically, Mason, and he verified it for me.

And then in my 1v1 against Ghost we didn't use double bans or the FD and PS2 starter stages because he said/thought they weren't the rules. And if he was wrong I don't mind because I'm sure he was just trying to follow the correct rules for the fairest game. Otherwise, if he is right, then I'm sorry I was using the wrong rules for most of the tournament which probably affected the results. But I wouldn't have used them if I knew they weren't apart of the rules. Even though you guys know I love FD and double banning MKs.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
See how I went from 2nd to 5th 'cause of MK losers? ;)

Also, I'm not sure if anyone has said anything but I'm pretty sure the rules were messed up. Gears told me, because I'm sure he was also told, that we were using double bans in the tournament. Naturally I was happy because this meant I could ban both Brinstar and Rainbow Ride. So in my match against Aces in the normal 1v1 I did use this double ban. Aces might have beaten me if I didn't use this rule. So I am sorry, Seth.

Also, I was convinced that Final Destination and Pokemon Stadium 2 were starters. I first found this out at Chris' meet. I assumed it was the same at this tournament and was using these two stages. Even in one of my games against Ant, who obviously didn't know that these two stages had apparently become starters, so I made sure to ask someone if it were true. More specifically, Mason, and he verified it for me.

And then in my 1v1 against Ghost we didn't use double bans or the FD and PS2 starter stages because he said/thought they weren't the rules. And if he was wrong I don't mind because I'm sure he was just trying to follow the correct rules for the fairest game. Otherwise, if he is right, then I'm sorry I was using the wrong rules for most of the tournament which probably affected the results. But I wouldn't have used them if I knew they weren't apart of the rules. Even though you guys know I love FD and double banning MKs.
Yeah I'm sorry about the confusion.

I originally thought FD and PS2 were starters but I was told by someone, (Apollo I think? We used 5 starters in our set anyway) that they weren't starters. The confusion arises because FD and PS2 are starters at Valhalla >.>
I think I was using PS2 and FD as starters for some of my singles rounds as well, and I know I was for some doubles rounds.

The double ban definitely wasn't a part of the rules lol, though we should implement it at the next SG if people want. (I wouldn't mind being able to ban Brinstar and Rainbow Ride against MK :awesome:)

zApollo

Smash Ace
I am happy to take over instead of w150 for a meet tomorrow if anyone is still interested. My place from 1pm-ish onwards, same drill. PM if you don't have my address.

Please reply here if you're interested.

SethT

Smash Ace
Folks rage at me if I go anywhere mothers day. Livesteam and I'll commentate with pro commentating skills :D!

Top Bottom