• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu's All PR Upick in honor of Utricked Mafia - Day 4 Begins! Deadline Janurary 9th!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gheb flips, Gheb, town intelligent double voter.

Everyone else is endgamed.

Fireemblemer Mafia Jack of all trades wins.

~

FIre forged a message to Gheb.

He had a one shot thief, a one shot roleblock and a one shot fake message.

Kantrip's message from the previous night bingo'd Fire but he Gave it to fire, whoops.

I'll post full role PMs and such later.

I'm open to criticism of my set-up on every level.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, that's OK. I'd just like you to understand that it's improbable to ever work out the way you're hoping. If it does, more power to you.

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
rant incoming

• town as a whole was inactive / barely did any scumhunting
  • people claimed their roles and it ended up hurting town (letting Fie claim last, getting Glyph's items stolen)
  • I find myself arguing over people with actual facts, like whether orbo-Rake having comms. clears them.
  • Bardull was obvscum again, lol
  • Orbo and Rake flipped the same role even though their roles did different things. Cardinal horse****.
  • People's flipped roles did nothing for town because it was impossible to tell what most roles (e.g. wrestler) actually did.
  • A role that hides flips, without a coroner to counter it, is strong. A role that hides its own flip is borderline *******. Doing both at the same time is pretty ridiculous
  • I have no idea what Maven's role did (among others) so can't really comment on overall balance
  • My role was borderline useless. It does look cool though.
Kary the time has come to body, you are...

Bayonetta, town tea party host.

When you are lynched instead you will host a tea party everyone must attend. No one can perform an action that will kill someone under the end of the next day phase.

That day phase you will be able to post but unable to vote. After that day you will leave the game to go back to work.

Wincon: you win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
as far as I can tell, the upside is that town gets free uses of its PRs, and I get to talk for an extra Day. Except it requires me to get lynched, so its basically never worth it.​
  • Also, I don't know why the game was over when it was, because for all Fie knew, I could have been a bomb or something. Glyph also could have lied about giving me the crystal, and given me the BP vest instead.
  • I also wanted to 1v1 Fie (im 1-shot unlynchable) and convince him to vote himself (Kappa)
  • @Gheb I thought Glyph was town mostly because of his push on you (which didn't seem scum motivated) and the fact that he claimed his items were stolen.
  • Also @Gheb I thought you were scum mainly because you were adamant on Glyph being scum for reasons I don't understand.
  • I want to admit its my bad for getting fed up with this game and not actually talking it out to Gheb when I could have.
  • Parts of Fie's role I find really interesting. Scum having a thief is a good counter to town having an inventor, keeping him from claiming. Being able to send a message is also an interesting counter. That being said, I feel like having a 1-man scum counter is pretty strong.
  • Kantrip's role seemed cool as well. I thought his flavour was Conker Squirrel, so I love him being like this compulsive amnesiac investigative. I don't understand his role flip. That being said, if his role actually is random in both who it investigates, and what sort of result it gives, it's just too random to be useful or balanced.
  • The punctuality of votecounts and flips was completely abysmal. In a dgames that doesn't have a queue, if you want people to be active in your game, I expect you to be active as a mod. I know it's overreacting, but posting 'flip soon' is like pissing on my leg and telling me its raining. I just want the flip already. My #1 piece of advice would be to get a co-mod to help handle votecounts &etc.
  • Side note, I was so bored with this game i posted 'zzzz' in the salt factory, and promptly got a warning for spam (:rolleyes:).... issued by ryu. :grin:
  • So while I am disappoint at town at generally not being very active this game, i'm not that surprised because I didn't feel excited to post in a thread that was probably waiting on the mod again.
  • @Fie if you are actually capable of performing basic mafia tasks like understanding what a hammer is (BibleThump), then I've got to commend you. You do a very good impression of a complete idiot. That being said, slip ups like that hasty vote on the last Day are just gonna get you lynched next time around.
  • Oh, and letting scum Bardull choose who he 'investigates'. Good job town.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

good **** fire emblemnier. no matter what anyone says, you drove the game home and ****ed all these ******* outta hear for underestimating you.

game balance was totally fine and kary/gheb are just being salty ****s about it. game was totally legit and they got ****ed up by lynching the wrong people.

i also find it HILARIOUS that kary is saying i was obvscum again...he was convinced after my claim and after i died that i was probably town. the only time he was maybe sure i was scum was when it was pretty much mathematically impossible for me to be town (wtf kind of game has 1 traitor one goon?) go **** yourself kary lmao

g ****ing g

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
sorry m8, you were obvscum again, and until you learn to change it you're still never gonna live past D2

I was never convinced by your claim, and telling yourself I was doesn't change that, dream on

>telling me to go **** myself
reported

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Warning Received
sorry m8, you were obvscum again, and until you learn to change it you're still never gonna live past D2

I was never convinced by your claim, and telling yourself I was doesn't change that, dream on

>telling me to go **** myself
reported

moar salt pls

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
if you were a girl i'd totally **** you

except i'd consider seeing someone else for a few months after the three town mislynches in a row IM JUST SAYIN'!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Next game I host will be a more simple open set-up.

I learned things here I won't repeat again, janitor shinanigans roles not clear what they were.

I thought this game was town sided more than anything when I saw it play out.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah I would say so too, if I didn't know any of the roles from claiming I would of been ******. As once Joey claimed Trap card, I knew I had to lynch him or I'd had to deal with not killing the target if I went after him. Luckily though my role was very counter based of Town's roles.

Funny thing is Bardull did have a lie detector, so I was surprised to see him not go after role claim posts, especially after Maven died.

Also Ryu what did the Wrestler role do, because I have no idea.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It let S2 erase active and passive roles, both one shot.

Townies into VT.

Mafia into a simple goon or traitor.

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Tobe fair town had it gafter bardull died. We just self collapsed after that running in circles
Glyph play town more often like this

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Tobe fair town had it gafter bardull died. We just self collapsed after that running in circles
Glyph play town more often like this
Yeah, I thought I was going to lose, until I came up with my plan. Most people thought I was next best lynch day 3, until I claimed

Maven89

Smash Master
I playedd bad. My role was that I was a mafia traitor who could do a suicide attack during the day My PM told me the mafia had no idea I existed, so I figured they recruited me through NK and made a large post incriminating them. Then I asked Ryu and he said that's not how the game worked, so I tried to use Bardull's lie detector claim by saying I was mafia and hoping he'd use it on me if he had one, but then i got lynched and couldn't even use my ability. Thankfully I was janitor'd and when I was revealed no one seemed to care because the only connections I ever made were to the scum team and that could have lynched all of them

I think we all played really bad games, and while FE got away with things because he was new he was still faced with having all of his scum partners dying at the start and figuring the rest out on his own so you have to give him props for not floundering

Last edited:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I cared but I also connected it to the wrong guy so whoops

I can't tell if I feel validated for following the right stuff or like a dummy for reaching the wrong conclusions

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Fireemblemer Mafia Jack of all trades wins.

Literally mfw I was town reading FiE because I was convinced Bardull was scum and was leading a newbie town FiE into taking particular stances when in reality it was scum Bardull playing softball with scum FiE.

Ryu my only critique is janitor and that my role felt pretty useless unless I was willing to hurt town. Only target I really could've taken would be to try and destroy Bardull's passive abilities but my abilities were one shot and just pissing into the dirt like that feels bad.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Since a lot of others are reminiscing, this was my 2nd game of mafia. And it was something. Bard was a fun scummate though.
Getting told I play like trash is enlightening i guess. :p

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
After reading some of this game, especially post-game, it's clear we were such different animals 3 years ago LOOOOL! Definitely a lot of egos flying all over the place. Hilarious.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh yeah, not sure if I'm going to get in trouble for letting all these games get necro'd, but I think it's relevant to bring them up and discuss them for the time being. I don't think it has gotten out of control yet so it's not a big deal; these games are still pertinent and worth discussing.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
After reading some of this game, especially post-game, it's clear we were such different animals 3 years ago LOOOOL! Definitely a lot of egos flying all over the place. Hilarious.
Yeah. For me I know its definitely growing in maturity more than anything else. A lot can change in a person in 3 years, learn new things, have different experiences, etc. I will say, I did a decent job of redirecting suspicion away from myself, cause there were quite a few moments where I was close to the hotseat.
It also made me realize that since being back here I haven't had a game as scum to compare it to lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom