• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu nair combos

JNO

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, sorry if this has been posted before i'm brand new to smash board. I have only been playing smash every Monday with friend for a year so I'm new in the aspect as well.

I see people, trela, hooded, ect nairing as an approach and when hitting shield being able to immediately dtilt. Is this auto canceling? And if so what frames is this possible. I checked kurogane hammer and it shows the nair only has cancel frame at the end. I think it may be just a timing part on my end that I need to lab but I want to make sure.

Also, I am having trouble with a ness matchup. Ness can short hop fair and because it's disjointed I can't seem to get in properly. When I try to space or time it with hadoken he just down b's. What are ways you approach ness?

Finally, any other tricks like a cancel you can give me to really practice will help. I have been work on basics, pivots, shff, and have the true inputs down.

Thanks for any help. If these have been talked about before please link thread.

Shaymojack

Smash Rookie
I think you're referring to a perfect nair, where you nair as closely to the ground as possible when hitting your opponent's shield and dtilt can beat most OoS options. It can be tricky and inconsistent though, and you're gonna get grabbed for free when you mess it up.
I really like rising fair against Ness's fair, it doesn't always outright beat it but it's a good enough trade to make him do something else.

Top Bottom