• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Running Reverse Up B

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
So as most of you know, if you do a grounded Up B, you can only move FORWARD. I will teach you guys how to do a reverse grounded running Up B so you can move BACKWARDS. I know this is known but I haven't seen any posts about it so I guess I'll do it.

Why would this be useful you ask? Well, I think of it like a pivot grab. It's a nice mixup, good mindgame and great for catching landings. I do this a lot when they are landing, I run at them and Up B and they air dodge behind me but because I reverse Up B I can chase em. As they say, "swag, money, swag".

This technique is essentially achieved the same way you can do a running reverse Up Smash. What you do, is

Run > Tap opposite direction of your run > Jump + Immediate Up B

This is easiest to do with tap jump on but because I turn off tap jump, I set "L" to jump to make it easiest to do. You can also do it with Y/X but you have to move your fingers very quickly from Y/X to Up+B.

Hopefully you guys can put this to good use.

Top Bottom