• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Running Project M on High Sierra Tips and Tricks

NBR1992

Smash Rookie
**MISLEADING TITLE: This thread does not contain tips or tricks, but rather is asking for them**

Hi Everybody,

I have been recently introduced to Project M having played melee most of my life and have been trying desperately to get in to run on my macbook. Unfortunately there hasn't been a clear tutorial on how to get it to run seeing as the most prominent guides seem outdated or hard to follow. I cannot find a way to attach the Project M content (Sys/Users folders, and SD card) to my Brawl ISO or merge them into my dolphin set up. Any advice??

To be clear, I am running the following:

Dolphin 5.0
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2
Project M 3.6

Thanks for any help that comes my way!!

Last edited:

Khey

Smash Rookie
You should find a Dolphin folder in "~/Library/Application Support", that you can access with the "cmd+shift+G" shortcut in the finder. Put your sd.raw file in the wii folder inside the Dolphin folder.
It seems that my sd.raw file doesn't work so I can't promise you that'll work, so if you manage to launch project m let me know :p. (My Brawl launches through gecko but not with project m :/ )

Edit: I tried using Dolphin 4.0 and Dolphin 5.0. In the tutos I found the advised dolphin version is the 4.0.2 but it doesn't exist for mac os x...

Edit2: Well I just managed to launch project m x). There's already a sd.raw file in the wii folder, make sure that you delete it and replace it with the custom sd.raw file that you made ^^

Last edited:
Top Bottom